0.9.12qq Patch Notes

Not really sure how Ethereal Knives deserved a quality nerf. I have a 20% gem for my Shadow in training and it didn't give much of boost yet. But I guess I will have to see when I get him up and going.
What exactly is the point of moving characters to Legacy in this patch? I assumed it was because the resistance penalties wouldn't apply there, but that is not the case.
It's to clear out the economy. A lot of items were floating around that couldn't actually be acquired any more (elemental damage mods that are higher than is now possible, uniques that have since received balance fixes etc.)
you kick me in the nuts, I can't kick back. Oh well, maybe I can. Good bye.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
Udja wrote:
"
Laimbrane wrote:
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have removed the chest if it wasn't a problem, so I'm sure it was.

It's too bad, too... I like the idea of those large chests. But those large chests should be a significant reward for doing something significant, and defeating the Dweller was not a significant achievement.

Beating the Act Bosses and getting a key to the "treasure room," on the other hand...

In act II with the great white beast, they should remove that chest as well seeing that "defeating the [insert minor boss name here] was not a significant achievement." I'm really hoping and praying this is not going to go down the path (no pun intended :)) of blizz and their continuous nerfing of d3 into the ground...

It's not so much about nerfing the game as balancing it out. It's BORING to keep running the same quest over and over and over, but some people feel they have to do it in order to be successful. They come up with a mathematical formula that proves that they can get 3.2489392 more rare items per hour, so that automatically becomes the best action to take.

Look, I like opening those big chests. They're awesome. But when it's too easy to get to them (and the DD Crab Chest was - you could just run past the slow crab guy, open the chest, grab rares and currency items, teleport out, and reset the instance), then it becomes a problem.

Keep telling them that you love gold chests, and they'll find a way to put them in. But they should be rewarding, not a must-run.
"
Laimbrane wrote:

Look, I like opening those big chests. They're awesome. But when it's too easy to get to them (and the DD Crab Chest was - you could just run past the slow crab guy, open the chest, grab rares and currency items, teleport out, and reset the instance), then it becomes a problem.

Keep telling them that you love gold chests, and they'll find a way to put them in. But they should be rewarding, not a must-run.

Seems like they should just not allow access to the chest until after you kill the boss. Like they don't let you get the Baleful Gem until after you kill Fidelitas.

Gold chests are cool, they're fun, they need to be in the game. If they're too easy to get to, then fix that, but don't take the chests out!
"
BaggerX wrote:
"
Laimbrane wrote:

Seems like they should just not allow access to the chest until after you kill the boss. Like they don't let you get the Baleful Gem until after you kill Fidelitas.

Gold chests are cool, they're fun, they need to be in the game. If they're too easy to get to, then fix that, but don't take the chests out!

I have never had a worthwhile loot out of those. They are waste of time. All chests in PoE are usually unrewarding and a waste of time. PoE is the least rewarding game of this type that I have ever played. Crafting sucks. Orbs for crafting are scarce, chances of decent craft are as low as chances for a great craft. Higher lvl items just give a chance to get higher lvl mod and that efficiently lowers the chance for anything average since it introduces even more chances with no preference towards better ones. But Chris is a n00b so he doesn't care because he never actually played his own game to an extent that he needs to craft gear, he just uses a de console to make stuff and balances the game from there. Or god forbid he takes input from the richest players in the game with OP gear and then rebalances stuff bcs they are supporters...news flash - that is bad approach.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
Ludak021 wrote:
But Chris is a n00b so he doesn't care because he never actually played his own game to an extent that he needs to craft gear, he just uses a de console to make stuff and balances the game from there. Or god forbid he takes input from the richest players in the game with OP gear and then rebalances stuff bcs they are supporters...news flash - that is bad approach.

I just read this paragraph now, a few days later. We do play a lot of Path of Exile. There are five realms we can play on including the developer ones and Alpha, so not all of it is on Beta.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
He just mad.

You're doing great work ;)
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Concur.

Keep on keeping on, GGGang.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Oct 14, 2012, 6:42:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info