Multiple Traps

"
CanHasPants wrote:
How does this interact with the cooldown of a Cold Snap supported by Trap? Will it require consumption of two power charges to throw the additional traps, or will it only require a power charge per cluster when CS is on cooldown?

Uses Trap cooldown.
With multitrap do the (for example) fire traps overlap eachother if the burning ground area is big enough?
Sure, they'll overlap, but enemies will be affected by only one burning ground at a time. The damage doesn't stack.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Last edited by Delirii on Dec 2, 2013, 2:43:46 PM
"
Delirii wrote:
Sure, they'll overlap, but enemies will be affected by only one burning ground at a time. The damage doesn't stack.

I see.. yea i know they won't stack, I was just interested in the actual area size since I'm trying to maximize my fire traps radius (and the area i can cover with it) and wasn't sure if i should get multi traps or just manually throw it.
"
Pradito wrote:
"
Horvath wrote:
Will this gem ever be fixed to work over cliffs / gaps? This disability makes it very difficult to play in certain areas. It should just be the same as throwing 3 traps in 3 different spots, but not all of them should fail.

+1000

This is making gameplay as a Trap based character very frustrating.
IGN: Ragearo
"
Horvath wrote:
Will this gem ever be fixed to work over cliffs / gaps? This disability makes it very difficult to play in certain areas. It should just be the same as throwing 3 traps in 3 different spots, but not all of them should fail.

seriously, can we get a dev response on this please?
~SotW HC Guild~

"
Horvath wrote:

+1

Please guys
Lets say I have two different trap setups. One is Lightning Trap+Multiple Traps and the other is Fire Trap without. If I cast the Lightning Trap and then the Fire Trap, will the Fire trap break one of the Lightning Traps or will the +3 Settable traps from Multiple Traps keep the Lightning Traps in play despite Fire Trap not being linked to a Multiple Traps Gem?
"What is a strongbox? A miserable little pile of loot. But enough RNG, Have at you!"
It being vertical sucks big times. I'm giving you an example:

I'm using a 5L Searing Touch with Searing Bond lv12 + Traps lv 11 + Multiple Traps lv 12 + Increased Burning Damage + Reduced Duration lv1 and a Sunblast Belt with 40% increased Trap-Damage. My Char is currently LV52 at Merc Act 1.

This should lead to the following Trap-Mods:

+ 25% increased Trap-Damage from Traps LV11
+ 40% increased Trap-Damage from Sunblast
+ 22% increased Trap-Damage from Multiple Traps LV12
- 40% decreased Trap-Damage from Multiple Traps LV12
= 47% increased Trap-Damage OVERALL

Theoretically at least when you consider that the same Mod would have the same functionality. At least that 's how almost any %-Based Mod / Tree-Node works in this Game, like for example %-Phys-Damage.

Now as Multiple Traps is VERTICAL and doesnt work that way, I get a DPS-Decrease even with my Trap-Setup of 3 Additional Gems and a locked Belt Slot. See below:

Real-Damage without Traps (2 Gems): 3796.5 DPS
Real-Damage with Trap LV11*: 5247.7 DPS
Real-Damage with a LV12 Multiple Traps Gem *²: 3314.4 DPS
Real-Damage with a LV1 Multiple Traps Gem: 3148.6 DPS

* Using Sunblast as well
*² Trap-Setup, using Multiple Traps LV12

Edit - BUG!?!:

Which means its a real DPS decrease of 36,7% (!!!)
when using a LVL 12 MT Gem! That would mean that

the added Damage from Multiple Traps is HORIZONTAL
and the Decrease from Multiple Traps is VERTICAL !?!

I don 't think the developers had that in mind - right? It 's just LACKLUSTER until the Gem itself is at around LVL20 and working against the decrease by investing in other Trap-Gems and Equipment just won't do much at all! It makes it a pain to level that gem with anything at all.

So either:

- Reduce the amount of Damage reduction (f.e. 20%),
- Increase the Damage you get back per Level (like 4% per Level)
- or at best just make it horizontal

The last one, sounds the best in my opinion. After all it enables synergies with Trap-Equipment (and increases Build versitality).

Edit:

Oh, wow. The increased Damage from MT seems horizontal and the decreased Damage from MT seems to be vertical, which is even worse!
Last edited by thelegendaryof on Feb 15, 2014, 10:49:27 AM
I'm not sure how an increase can be vertical or horizontal.

I do know that Increased and Reduced modifiers are additive, whereas More and Less modifiers are multiplicative. This is a universal rule in Path of Exile. Working as intended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info