Multiple Traps

"
Simonsworld wrote:
I was wondering what you think when it comes to comparing multiple trap + fire trap and 2x fire traps in a searing touch.
I didn't carefully look into the dmg calculation with multiple trap but I assume that two fire traps outbeat anything in searing touch.

You can put the traps separately which also means on one target.
And of course you don't benefit from the +2 to fire gems
the ground burns do not stack, unless you crit with one of them then the critical caused burn stacks with the ground burn.
I think it would be better if the traps were laid out in a cluster, in a triangle shape rather than a straight line (vertical/horizontal doesn't make any sense to me).

Here's a demonstration:

Best way:

0 0

rather than

0 0 0 or 0

Also, when close to walls or small things on the ground, the traps mess up and only sets 1 trap, rather than 3.
Last edited by Hunderpanzer on Oct 29, 2013, 6:41:38 PM
My suggestion is to draw a circle around the laying point on the ground, place 3 traps randomly in the circle.

If the terrain cannot allow the placement of one or more traps, recalculate their position in the circle.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Will this gem ever be fixed to work over cliffs / gaps? This disability makes it very difficult to play in certain areas. It should just be the same as throwing 3 traps in 3 different spots, but not all of them should fail.
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on Nov 7, 2013, 9:29:46 PM
wtb fix for not being able to throw traps off clifs/through doors etc. wtf.
"
Horvath wrote:
Will this gem ever be fixed to work over cliffs / gaps? This disability makes it very difficult to play in certain areas. It should just be the same as throwing 3 traps in 3 different spots, but not all of them should fail.

+1000
"
Pradito wrote:
"
Horvath wrote:

+1000

+n^20

I would like to know how the trap actually rolls outs. It allows you to throw two additional traps but the one in the middle is the original trap you throw and the one in front and behind are copies... Because I would like to see another version of Multiple Traps that launched the traps in a horizontal line - lets rename Multiple Traps and the new line of traps to something clever: Horizontal Multi Traps & Vertical Multi Traps (nope - got nothing at the moment, so that would do :P)... so you can potentially stack both support gems for 4 additional traps and lay them in a cross at a big damage penalty. I just wish I could choose between Horizontal and Vertical arrangement. That would do it for me concerning this support gem.
How does this interact with the cooldown of a Cold Snap supported by Trap? Will it require consumption of two power charges to throw the additional traps, or will it only require a power charge per cluster when CS is on cooldown?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Could anyone tell me if all 3 trap will crit or if the crit is rolled for each trap ?

I aggree with the trap being trown in line making no sense.
Traps are all individual entities, and activate their Skill separately, rolling Crit/etc. separately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info