[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Change the weapon as soon as possible ... the physical damage is not that great at all
As for single targets ... you have misunderstood one thing... you don't use frenzy to kill the single target ( boss ) you use it to quickly gain 1-2 frenzy charges and then use those charges to finish off the target with Flicker Strike ! 2 Frenzy charges = 6 attacks on a single target .. and that's potentially a lot of damage. That's why you don't need cyclone or any other attacks. You use Flicker strike to kill EVERYTHING. Frenzy is just an utility skill and nothing else.
Furthermore why would you need cyclone at all? Linked to absolutely no damage supports ? Just for the Life gain on hit ? Absolutely terrible idea. You'll gain more life just by life leeching with your flicker strike or even just with your life regen.

Why do you have weapon elemental damage support linked to your frenzy ? This is a physical damage build not an elemental damage one.

Now is this patch a buff or a nerf? Well i have to say neither. I end up with pretty much the same life and the same damage.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Well, sorry for double post, i just tryed "Cyclone+life gain on hit+melee physical damage++faster attacks+blood magic", I dont gain "fenzy charge on hit" with frenzy gem, and i put faster attacks for more dps in cyclone.
I dont want to kill all with cyclone xD we are flicker strikers haha, and the only way to gain frenzy with cyclone is killing mobs(with blood rage), then.. what its better?
Use frenzy? use flicker and when i cant use it, i use cyclone, kill mobs and continue flicker? :/ its hard to decide
IGN:ZorryFlurry
Well i use frenzy to gain some charges then flicker again. That happens only vs bosses tho and usually another 2-3 frenzy charges are enough to kill the boss. I have a lot more damage than you tho... but you'll get there.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Gained about 800 life from this patch, think my damage might've gone up a bit as well. gg GGG
Hi everybody, question, with flicker strike, no problem with mana regen ? I saw, on your skill tree that you didn't take any regen mana nod nor any regen mana on your stuff.
Last edited by Xenyum2468 on Aug 23, 2014, 11:46:57 AM
As i've explained i use blood magic support gem. I also explained what you should do in order to cast with mana :)
Hey korgoth just wanted to thank you for this amazing build, having a blast on Rampage.

I had Couple questions to you hopefully you can answer them.
what damage per second have you managed to reach when you played this spec?
can 2h flicker reach 100k aoe deeps?
is crit flicker superior option if you're rich? 20-30 exalt ish bank?or can 2h version still compete with crit dagger versions?

Thanks once again for the amazing,well detailed guide.
Keep in mind that Flicker displays damage per hit and not per second so you need to calculate the dps yourself. I've been able to reach around 53k DPS. With crazy gear 80k+. 100k is perhaps possible too .... with mirrored gear of course.
Crit dagger low life ES is better if you are rich but don't think that 20-30 exalts are enough or that 20-30 exalts make you rich ( in that case i'm very rich :D )
is there a 1h build version of this for soul taker and 1h sword type thing?
BEST GAME EVER
Updated guide - no. Otherwise check pewpewpew's guide. Although i always failed to understand the reason to dual wield flicker strike since it is a 1h attack and it alternate weapons with each attack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info