[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hey man,

When I look at the "Sword" skill tree, there are no points in the 2h sword section to the left (you know, where the axe and mace specific ones are too). Is this on purpose, if so, why is the 2h sword skills not taken?
@tehreb
Personally i prefer the Terminus Est version. I must mention though that this build is easier to gear and if you don't plan to paly enough and eventually buy the end-game gear for the Terminus Est build this might be better for you. But like i said i prefer the Terminus Est build because it ends up better with "complete" gear and when i start a character i tend to bring him to that point. In the end this build works exceptionally well and it will always have a place in my heart because that was the build that i used to get my first level 100 character (solo and back when it was harder to do so).

@ChaosPhaze
No it basically has a build-it Resolute Technique (better even because you can still crit)

@Noltch
Simply becuase theya re not good and the points needed to get there + get the passives is objectively worse compared to other places where you can spend them.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hello ! Thanks you for your build ! :)
I have a question, I am looking for a sword and i don't know if StarForge is great sword for this build
No, not really because you can't take advantage of Taste of Hate, Atziri's Primise, Hatred and so on.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Okey ! thanks you :)
Currently I have Kondo's Pride but I don't know if there is a better sword
Well if you want to go with a sword (though an axe is definitely the superior weapon for this build a well rolled rare one would be the best option. And of course if you want to use flicker strike and a sword ... Terminus Est is always an option - you can check my other guide for info.
Anyone got an idea on how to make this work with Starforge? Thanks :)
Any people here by chance playing this in Harbinger HC? How's it working out for you?
"
Overmasterr wrote:
Anyone got an idea on how to make this work with Starforge? Thanks :)

We got brutality and Maim support this patch so it is easy doable (did it myself). Your Link will be:
Flicker strike -> Multistrike -> Melee Physical Damage -> Brutality -> Maim
Last one is depending on your preference: Fortify, Attackspeed, Bleeding, or Damage on Full Life. I'd take damage on full life as slayer.

Lions Roar as unique flask is a must, your mana can be reserved for Poachers mark, Arctic armor and (if you wanna get it fany) vulnerability. Will require an additional curse and some enlighten level but it totally worth the hassle.

Tree is alsmost the same, you switch the nodes below the duelist area with the (far superior) nodes for swords in the marauder area. More skillpoints will mean more Life nodes /jewels.
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAQBAQHcBS0FtQmWDPINjRDwFCAUcRXsG6oj9jBxMHwxsDWSOQ46QkMxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUEdRR1oaW69fP2KsYxdlTWyMbzt07Xasd-N4DXh6eWh673zZgTqE2YTvhVKHaod2ivCNfY2_l3mdqqOKpcupJ6luqZStjbTFtfK5Hb02vqfAGsEEwQfC7MMzypDL9c9-1CPUUtd-2L3ZYdrB3L3dqORR5w_pRuoY6wnuDu8O8lr3Mvjr_MU=

"
zankioh wrote:
Any people here by chance playing this in Harbinger HC? How's it working out for you?

I played this build several times in hardcore. It is doable but the random nature of flicker strike with the combination of a NOT so stable connection doesnt really help.
That aside slayer is a solid class for HC and the build can become even more tanky, for example switching into blasphemy with enfeeble for bosses.

I also like playing darkray vectors to have around 56% dodge which helps alot in facetanking.
Give it a try!
I am currently 67 slayer in HC Harb. I just started Act 10. I am struggling to avoid over leveling because flicker traverses the map faster by killing everything than leap slamming through. Especially once Bane of Legends procs Onslaught, and if I pop Vaal Haste.

To be fair, I died a few times because I am a nub to PoE. My deaths were not due to Flicker, though it has landed me in some shitty scenarios. My deaths were to dumb nubish crap. I deleted those failed characters.

Things to watch out for:

1) Any time your weapon is getting a little dated and you aren't 1 shotting packs, and you get a couple Harbingers or big Blue packs, you can run out of frenzy charges. This happening while surrounded by Harbinger mobs can really pucker your sphincter. Watch your Frenzy charges, and if they start dropping, bug out, drop Warchief, find a small group, and Frenzy a couple times before going back in.

2) Switching to Flicker before you get Multi-strike. Even with Bloodrage and Poachers, you can sometimes run into a problem where mobs are just not quite close enough for splash, so you end up needing 1 Flicker per kill, and your charges will dwindle, usually just in time to leave you in the middle of a mob pack.

3) General things that kill exiles. My (limited) experience with Flicker (Breach to 54, and this league) is that I rip a lot. However, so far, all of my rips have been due to things that kill all Melee characters. So, the things that apply to all melee chars, apply here too.

Bane of Legends helps because culling means you only have to 80% enemies. I know the Melee Splash ascendancy thing is really nice, but I figured I would try Bane of Legends first this time, and its working for me. It makes the end of boss fights while leveling far less scary, as they spend far less time in their final "enrage" phases where shit is going crazy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info