[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well to answer your question i'll have to ask you one first. Do you manage to get enough frenzy charges without the boots? If the answer is "no" - then use The Blood Dance boots, if the answer is "yes" - then it's better to use rare boots.

Well the boots I am using are the Darkray Vectors. like 90~% of the time I am fine with charges, occasionally I might need to attack with frenzy right in the beginning but as soon as I am going everything is fine. So then it sounds like crafting would be better then(I would love to gain the life from crafting/buying boots).

I know the guide is for budget and I am sure that is why this hasn't been updated into it but I really want to get Red Dream jewel to replace Defiance...so bloody expensive now...jumped up 200c over the past week or so. Another flask I think it is amazing for this type of build and class spec is Vessel of Vinktar, the 20% of Physical Damage converted to lightning during flask effect one. With this flask, and the other flasks you recommend makes it so I do all 5 types of damage, I realize that isn't a necessity or anything, I just think it is kool is all(I would like Sins Rebirth but that's even more expensive than Taste of Hate...lol). I do realize everything I mentioned in this paragraph came out in Breach(2.5) though.
Hi, I am having trouble maintaining enough charges to keep flickering (there is about a second or two down time between each flicker). I'm at level 44 and I have followed your passive tree exactly. Can you take a look at my build to see what is wrong?

Well you shouldn't have problems with your frenzy charge generation at all. Perhaps your problem is the lack of mana (since your poacher's mark is just level 7 and you have no mana leech)?
If that's the case get 1 mana node from the passive skill tree.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well you shouldn't have problems with your frenzy charge generation at all. Perhaps your problem is the lack of mana (since your poacher's mark is just level 7 and you have no mana leech)?
If that's the case get 1 mana node from the passive skill tree.

Thanks for your quick reply. I actually do find I run out of mana easily (using 6L chest). Would you recommend I take Essence Sap and its two Mana Leech nodes on the tree? How were you able to maintain mana?

I also found out I had leveled up Immortal Call past level 38 by mistake so it wasn't cast by Cast When Damage Taken.

So I've now set it up like yours with Cast When Damage Taken - Blood Rage - Immortal Call - Increased Duration. Is this correct or should I cast Blood Rage manually? Same with Frenzy. I am not sure when to use these? They don't seem to do anything for me in helping with the cooldown.

Since I'll be going Slayer as you recommend, which is the 6th gem you would recommend after taking out Melee Splash? I already am using Faster Attacks, so would Added Fire Damage or Weapon Elemental Damage be better? Or what about level 4 Empower?

Thanks in advance, really like this build so far. It feels quite strong compared to other builds.
Blood rage won't get casted whenever you are using a low level Cast When Damage Taken is used. But linking it to the increased duration is definitely good though.
My chest piece for example even though it doesn't cast on damage taken.
@LARD_ASS
Sorry for the late response (i had some internet issues lately) but i'll try to compensate with a long and hopefully helpful answers to your questions. First of all i have to say that everything you want to know is actually in the guide. I know that the guide is rather huge (mainly because i try to preemptively answer most questions) and you might miss/skip a thing or two while reading so i'll provide some quotes as well (since already thought out answers would be more comprehensive than on-the-spot ones).

When it comes to your mana - i'll just quote the following( becuase i really don't know how to explain it better) :
"
KorgothBG wrote:
3. I have mana problems! What to do ?
First of all make sure that you have melee splash either from the melee splash support gem or from the Slayer Ascendancy sub-class. Next make sure that you are using poacher's mark. If after that you still have problems i'd suggest to pick some mana leech passive nodes from the Spirit Void cluster. Alternatively you could use a blood magic support gem until you can handle the mana cost.

About your Immortal call. What can i say, get a new one and this time be more careful to keep it at level 3.

Blood Rage. You should always manually cast it because you need to have it active constantly. The good thing about blood rage is that the duration of it refreshes whenever you kill something. Now in my gear you can see that i have Blood Rage(level 20) + Increased Duration(level 20) + Cast when damage taken(level 1) + Immortal call(level 3). That means that Blood Rage can and must be cast manually and it won't be cast by the Cast when damage taken, at the same time the Cast when damage taken will cast Immortal Call, and on top of all that the increased duration support gem will affect both the manually casted Blood Rage and the Cast when damage taken casted Immortal call.
If you where waiting for your Cast when damage taken to cast your Blood Rage then that's your N1 reason for your frenzy charge problems (since blood rage is your N1 frenzy charge generator).

Frenzy. Frenzy is an attack - just like flicker strike (or heavy strike, or cyclone, or cleave, or elemental hit, or earthquake or whatever). Basically it is used to quickly generate frenzy charges when you run out of them (for example this could happen in a boss fight). It's essentially a "panic attack" that gives you charges and allows you to continue with your flickering if and when needed.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Frenzy
Frenzy gives you a frenzy charge per hit. It helps you to get frenzy charges if you are in a tough situation. You can swap flicker strike for frenzy so that you are able to play in a party. Link it to Faster attacks so that you can accumulate frenzy charges faster. You could also link you to damage increasing support gems or to some utility support gems ( if you have the free sockets ). Don't link it to Multistrike - you'll hit three times but you'll get only 1 frenzy charge!

About the sixth link Personally i'd say go for Added fire damage. As for Empower - no, just no (NO!). While it is insane for things that scale great with gem level (spells) Empower is beyond useless for an attack skill (in the case of flicker strike that's exactly 4.8% damage multiplier and that's ... nothing really) because attack skills scale with your weapon (and other sources of flat damage, attack speed etc.) rather than the gem level.

And that's it pretty much. If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to ask, i'll try to help as soon as possible!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How would be better to make Daresso's Defiance 6-linked, like should I use Jeweller's and Fusings myself or should I buy one from the market?

Also, is it worth to get Enlighten with your auras, and to transfer points from Mana Leech to Life?
Last edited by Messiah_sin_x on Feb 17, 2017, 1:50:30 AM
About fusing - Do you feel lucky? Anyway .. personally i always buy my stuff already linked.

About Enlighten - Sure you could use one to squeeze some more mana after the auras, but the need for mana leech stays.
Just a quick testimony; so far, this has worked great for me. At level 88 I dropped the Blood Dance boots to pick up some good rares with extra life, and with poacher's mark + blood rage I haven't found myself running out of charges.

I also swapped out the vengeance for an Ancestral Warchief totem with a couple of increased DPS support gems and it's made bosses much faster.

Currently using a Hezmana's because Atziri's Disfavour costs a fortune (to me at least). Total setup for me was about 3 exalts, give or take.
Last edited by Vyross on Feb 18, 2017, 1:41:43 PM
I'm new to PoE and just have one question:
Is it possible to make this build work from scratch, no currency literally?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info