[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Trade with other players mate ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
thanks for the advice!
im pretty nw to PoE aswell, been playing for just over a month.
The best way to get decent gear is to use poe.trade to buy things if youre really lacking some stats.
Id say basically play your first char to learn the game and the mechanics, while also reading quite a bit and doing lots of research. The first char you ever make here is definately going to be a pilot test, and you should make your second or even third char be the perfect build you want it to be. But for now id say for you its just the learning curve.
I agree with Tahriell. Not to mention that it very much depends on how familiar you are with aRPGs in general. For example that's my favorite genre and i've played extensively played every game that belongs to it from 1997 to this point. Because of that it was fairly easy for me to "figure out" PoE relatively quickly, on the other hand i have friend who never played a game in that specific genre ( yes including things like Diablo 2 ) and they had terrible time learning what to do and how to do it ( and many gave up pretty fast )
Now i know that this is a build thread with my guide but honestly i've always suggested new players to play their first character ( and second .. maybe even third ) without following a guide thus learning the very important basics of the game. Yes those characters won't end up being especially good, but the knowledge gathered while playing them is very important.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
damn this is a fun build.

just got my disfavor 5L'ed :-)

And daresso's defiance is one of my favorite uniques and works so well for this build.

damn this is a fun build !

Thanks for writing such a great, detailed guide.

About the only thing i'm wondering is if it's more effective to eventually run vulnerability instead of poacher's mark (i expect it's not possible without using blood dance.)

thanks again :-)
Thanks mate!
Well Vulnerability has a pretty high int requirements, but if you want more damage than sure use it. I prefer poacher's mark not just because of the frenzy charge generation, but because of the mana per hit ( which leads to 0 mana issues ) and last but not least ( even if it's very underestimated ) - the extra flask charge generation. Because of the flask charge part you have your flasks up almost constantly and that's a huge offensive and defensive boost.
Hey guys i've just wanted to share with you that i've just hit level 98 with this build. :)
The quest to solo level 100 continues!

P.S. Mine is the second highest level slayer in standard, the first one is also level 98 though.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 22, 2016, 2:00:02 AM
Am i right in assuming youd much prefer your atziris axe 6 link for flicker and its supporting gems? since the +2 to socketed support gems would give you quite a chunky boost in DPS.
Well 2 extra levels for your support gems are exactly :
2% increased attack speed
2% more melee physical damage
2% increased physical damage
Gain 2% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
2% more attack speed

It's good of course but nothing spectacular. Because of that i really don't feel the need to spend currency on 6linking the axe. But if you already a 6L disfavor of course put your flicker setup there :)
With Darkray Vectors I don't seem to produce enough frenzy charges, while Blood Dance produce quite alright. I would have to use Blood Rage with Darkray Vectors, but you're not saying we could use that skill.

Not sure how to produce enough charges... :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info