[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
For the Radius 20% MORE Aoe Raidus =/= 20% increased AoE radius ;)
It is if you don't have other increased aoe Radius. I don't really like the templar node since you don't have things really useful around for a flicker (IMO)

Also, the stun immunity is just one third of a node.
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 24, 2016, 1:28:17 PM
Good point.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Haven't play poe for a while. Just came back recently and wanted to try new build. Kudos to you for a nice presented guide. My question is whether I can play this build as a marauder, I got the complete passive reset to use and would like to implement this with a level 76 character so levelling isnt a problem. What twerks should I make to the tree and are there any other changes that are important? Would really appreciate it if you could post a tre of how it should look like.
So I have a question here.

I can't help but notice that there's a nice Fortify cluster right at the bottom of the duelist start area which gives total +35% physical damage while fortified and +15% increased effect of fortify, which seems like it would be handy since we'd pretty much always have fortify up (regardless of if you go champ or slayer). and right in the same spot there's a life leech cluster, which we'd also have going pretty much 24/7, especially if you go the slayer route

but both nodes have been ignored in your builds. Are they just not worth it? They're both only two points off the path.
Last edited by Blissey1 on Mar 25, 2016, 8:15:31 AM
"
Blissey1 wrote:
So I have a question here.

I can't help but notice that there's a nice Fortify cluster right at the bottom of the duelist start area which gives total +35% physical damage while fortified and +15% increased effect of fortify, which seems like it would be handy since we'd pretty much always have fortify up (regardless of if you go champ or slayer). and right in the same spot there's a life leech cluster, which we'd also have going pretty much 24/7, especially if you go the slayer route

but both nodes have been ignored in your builds. Are they just not worth it? They're both only two points off the path.

It's because it costs at least 6 points (In my build, it would be 8).

The fortify effect sure is nice, but 35% physical damage is weak (at least for 6 points, since 2H grants at least 12% ou 10% + something else), and the armor is way too weak.

It would be ok if you were there anyway, but if you are not around, it's not worth it.
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 25, 2016, 10:23:00 AM
@Hadou_Ken
The tree for a marauder would look 95% the same as the duelist tree the difference is that you must take a few life extra passives from the marauder start ( or you could go for the damage starting node ) to get on the "path" of the duelist tree. No big difference here really. The bigger difference in my opinion is the ascendancy classes. The marauder sub-classes are just ... not as good. But of course using marauder for the build is definitely possible.

@Blissey1
Well Keyen said it perfectly i can't really add anything more to the answer.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Howcome you ignore immortal call on CWDT paragraphs? It's insanely good for avoiding rips in situations like pack of porcupines or megabuffed worms.
Builds been treating me great in PSC, never flickered before and because I always saw the forum posts with mirrored daggers and 6l shavs and things like that or oro's and never got into it. Love this set up really easy peasy.

Was wondering if you could look at my stuff and help me out upgrade wise. Got to a nice comfortable spot and don't know where to go from here.

Spoiler

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the sick build man!

Cheers.
@KawaiiLoli
Well personally i rarely use immortal call at all , that doesn't mean that it's bad and in fact it is indeed the best solution to the porcupine problem ( if you have it ), but because i rarely use it i guess i've forgot to mention it, something that i'll fix later today. Thanks for reminding me ! :)

@Rahmah
Your gear is ok, i'd say upgrade your axe because it has rather low damage, but in your case it is also your 6L item so it would be harder to upgrade it. But that would be my next step if i were you.
Planning on creating a character with this build soon, if I buy Kaoms Primacy which has culling strike in it's tooltip, 1. Will it work even if flicker strike and other support gems are in my chest, 2. If not can I get a 4-5l kaoms and stick all the flicker strike gems in there and get the free culling strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info