[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

on which gem should i use gemcutter prism in first ?
"
larak wrote:

Got this axe I found on my other char. That should be nice for starting maps I guess (shame the add physical damage rolled so low hah).

That axe ... it isn't good ... get a kaom's primacy you can literally get one for 1 alch !

@Xenyum2468
I'd say on flicker strike
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
The difference between level 20 and level 22 flicker strike is 3.6% base damage which isn't much, the attack speed and damage increase is ok but think about what you are loosing! 6% dodge, life, endurance charges, onslaught ... it's not worth it ... not even close! Not to mention that it is a pure evasion chest so getting 4 to 5 red sockets is close to impossible.

Fair point on the colors. I hadn't considered that yet. I'm currently using the Doomsower sword which is amazing. 450 Phys DPS Sword with 15% increase AOE on splash for free. Last night, I hit a personal record of 146M exp per hour farming tier 2 maps in a 4L (im still just level 70 so the exp is amazing). I'd recommend that sword to anyone until you get a 500+ dps axe.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
larak wrote:

Got this axe I found on my other char. That should be nice for starting maps I guess (shame the add physical damage rolled so low hah).

That axe ... it isn't good ... get a kaom's primacy you can literally get one for 1 alch !

@Xenyum2468
I'd say on flicker strike

Oh really, thought it looked pretty nice.
I will take a look at a Kaom's Primacy then ;)

EDIT: And a Kaom's Primacy is bought hah.
Last edited by larak on Dec 28, 2015, 3:52:22 PM
Yup i can confirm that the sword is great.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Agreed about Doomsower. I've been using one since 65-67 when you can equip it, and now I'm nearly 89 and clearing tier 8-10 maps. Really fantastic for multiple purposes. I was using it for the bigger Melee splash for a while but then when I got a 5L chest I put Cyclone in the sword instead for situational use.

I've yet to even think about replacing it. The average damage is still really competitive.
IGN: Frazetta
Hey,
once again a big THX to KorgothBG, I play a flicker striker inspired by this guide and even if it is the 5th in a row of leagues I still love it.

Since I hit level 90 and got my Atziri's Axe running I was planning on doing the Apex of Sacrafice. I know this build isnt exactly made for Bossfights but as some kind of ultimate test I still wanna give it a try.

Here are the questions/problems:
-Single target DPS: Flickering may not be exactly the tool to go for in the fight against the three or Atziri herself. I saw an old video of someone swapping flicker and melee splash with more dmg and double strike (even though that seemed to be a crit dagger flickerstriker). Is frenzy the way to go here? And what could we use instead of splash?
-Mana/curses: I also play witht eh Blasphemy/poachers mark combo and read that Atziri reflects curses, so there might be a shortage of mana (more leech?). Also even if this would work with curses soemthign else (like enfeeble) migth be more useful here.
-Survivability: Okay i feel super strong with my 5k HP and a a lot of dodge but any killing video had peopel which either ran CI and like 10k ES or soem Kaoms heart 10k HP stuff. Any way NOT to get one shotted if me miss our dodge even with resi-flasks?

In short: How can we make this build viable for Atziri. Which items/skills to change, what to use as a bosskiller, which flasks to pack. I am aware that we dont wear shields therefore this is much more a "how to" and not an "is it even worth trying".
Thx for reading anyway.
Good question.
Well personally i would say yeah .. go with frenzy
frenzy + melee physical + faster attacks + fortify + added fire damage + multistrike

as for blasphemy + poacher's mark - yes atziri will reflect the curse back to you ( she will still be cursed of course ) but honestly that isn't a big deal. What she will gain more flask charges and probably a frenzy charge when she kills you? She will get mana on hit? Small amounts of life on hit ( considering how much life she has and that she rarely uses an attack to hit you )? Less evasion ... sounds bad right? Well not really ... she is rather a caster so your evasion already doesn't do much. So yeah ... keep the poacher's mark.

As for a gear change - you can put on the atziri step boots for a nice chunk of spell dodge, and of course bring res falsks but other than that i don't think that you need to change anything else.

As for survivability - she cannot one-shot you with 5k life if you have a res flask ( ruby, topaz ) up and of course if you are not hit by multiple spells at the same time.

But in the end atziri fight isn't about the build ... it's about how good you are with the actual fight. I mean come on, there are plenty of videos of atziri kills with CI and EB out there to prove that point :)
Wow that actually sounds manageable. I havent fought her so far but in the videos i saw the players didnt do soemething specials (well some time one has to learn NOT to stand in red circels).

Thx for the quick answer, I appreciate it. You may consider adding a "how to fight atziri with this build"-part to your Guide. May make it look even better :P
Last edited by Ezrael49 on Dec 29, 2015, 10:16:06 AM
"
Sicyo wrote:
Agreed about Doomsower. I've been using one since 65-67 when you can equip it, and now I'm nearly 89 and clearing tier 8-10 maps. Really fantastic for multiple purposes. I was using it for the bigger Melee splash for a while but then when I got a 5L chest I put Cyclone in the sword instead for situational use.

I've yet to even think about replacing it. The average damage is still really competitive.

Hey Sicyo, I noticed you didnt take RT and started to take the Sword Accuracy Wheel in the bottom right of the tree. Do you find you are still hitting consistently by just having the tree accuracy and not on gear? I know Peachers increases out ability to hit so I was curious on how much more DPS you are able to get being able to get a crit every once in awhile?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info