Difficulty Level Naming

"
tpapp157 wrote:
Those are kind of a mouthful. I prefer a single word that gets the point across but doesn't get in the way during conversation.

I'm with tpapp157. They sound cool but seem a little bit too much for a difficulty name.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
How about:

(easy)World of warcraft

(normal)Diablo 3

(hard) path of exile

(super hard to the extreme maximum) Path of exile on hard.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
Outcast -> Banished -> Exiled -> Forgotten

Reviled -> Outcast -> Banished -> Exiled

"
Chris wrote:
Currently, Path of Exile has three difficulty levels: Hard, Cruel and Ruthless.

We're going to be adding a fourth difficulty level to the alpha realm soon, and need some ideas for its name.

I have no time to read through all posts, someone might have already asked about it. Question is what difficulty that 4th level will be? Harder than "Hard, Cruel and Ruthless" or what?
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Hard (means easy) Cruel (normal) Ruthless (Hard) and the fourth (Very Hard,you cant beat it alone)

because of this misunderstanding situation ggg want to redesign the difficulties
Yeah, they should change the ''hard'' one, the others are good.
In all games I always play as a warrior, guess it's in my blood or something. For all the lonely warriors out there, unite under my banner! Let us dominate over the other classes! To arms!
There could be no easy at all?
Repent! That's what i'm talking about!
Well they still want the game to be accessible. You get more of a player base that way. Still most players will play on the normal difficulty anyway. For someone that has not played a lot of Arpg's and want to try out POE it could be helpful to have a easy mode. This player will most likely move up to a higher difficulty, but its important to have a place where people can learn.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
"
Zidjian wrote:
Its important to have a place where people can learn.

The first few areas of Act 1 are supposed to be easier. The devs said that the Twilight Strand (the beach where the game begins) is more of a tutorial than anything else. If someone can't figure out how to point and click within an hour or so then maybe they should go back to playing pretty pretty princess.
Forum Sheriff
In rpg's easy is always to easy. It's no challenge at all. By the way there are acts - those are each stronger then another player progress and deeper you go the harder it is. If you see its to hard - get back, get some better gear or something.
I don't see why there should be "easy" mode.
As tpapp157 already said the begining of the game is kind-of tutorial - tutorial is propobly designed for explaining how to play for new players.
Repent! That's what i'm talking about!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info