DonaldF's Zombie Summoner build 3300% AoE dmg zombie[video guide](10/06/2013)

"
ritualzz wrote:
Why Your zombies never lose hp ?:O

Because I'm using Vitality aura. Zombies have massive amount life.
So 1.5% life regeneration is very strong for them.

"
whrsmycoffee wrote:

I thought as much. Now, my build is a bit different, I'm not sure the AOE nodes are worth it. I just started playing my summoner again and got a montregul's to try your style out. It's good but not sure it's faster clear speed than fire ball spectres.

If you want to check it out, this is my build:

Of course, fire ball spectres are really nice spectre.
But they need Elemental Weakness, Flammability and Elemental Equilibrium for bring out their performance.
And they don't have enough resist. They are easy to death as compared to the zombie.
That's why I chose zombie.

"
accussed22 wrote:
"
benhelmer wrote:
Where does the cold damage come from on you zombies???? im very confused about that one.

same question -> I couldn't see an added %x of phy damage as cold damage or %x of phy damage converted to cold damage. Where cold attack comes from?

I'm using Hatred aura.
It gives my zombies +25% added cold damage.
IGN:DonaldF_DS
Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM3Cv4VyTLmec7UHsaNBuiw
"
mattc3303 wrote:
I watched your video. You certainly clear lunaris 3 quite fast and you will clear trash very quickly in maps. Its just how are you going to fight some map bosses/mob types when your resummoning gear is in your stash.

Piety, Temple
Vaal, The Maze
ROA skele, Thicket
Megaera, Crematorium
Piety, Shrine
Warmonger, Shipyard

Can you post videos of you doing these bosses? These have always been the bane of summoners.

*Your build is a bit different than the standard, so am interested in how it holds up.

EDIT: I do the same summoning setup as you. But instead of dual midnights I use a Chober for the zombies, Gives them a massive boost in hp.

more ideas, instead of raising one more BM, try raising a frenzy gorilla in Act2, they will increase your zombie dps further.

Thicket is easier than Lunaris3. RoA skelton can't move.
So I'll try to make Temple map video first when I get enough time.
Probably I can't make other map video.
My PC is really old. So FPS is very low while I'm taking a video.

Frenzy gorilla is very nice idea.
I had same idea but I've never tried it yet.
I'll try it later.

Thank you :)
Youtube Channel:
Last edited by DonaldF on Sep 22, 2013, 8:34:51 PM
I have some temple maps so we can run them together if you want.

I can kill temple piety pretty fast in a single player game. I want to test whether my zombies will survive or not in a multiplayer game ;)
ign: thirsty_guy
GMT+8
http://www.twitch.tv/ray1122
I'd be interested in seeing some higher maps with some of the more scary for summoner mods myself, as a summoner I use zombies to tank because there are simply some maps where they will get killed either very quickly or repeatedly over time (any map + burning ground, fire golems, chaos snakes/alchemists) but Im not running vitality and rely on my spectres damage to clear. While i do find it interesting my map group would hate me if I had to do all that to re-summon my zombies, but it does look like fun for soloing (till itS fixed anyway).
Donald,
if you were to build zombies tankier (say high lvl maps), in what priority order would you plug these in:

minion life, minion resist, life leech (anything else worth it?)

and in what priority order would you sacrifice the dps gems:
remote mine (added fire dmg instead of this?), meelee splash, faster attack, multistrike, meelee physical

Reason I am asking, since I dont have montregul/midnight/sidhart my zombies are weaker, and while they are still perfect to clear up to lunaris Piety for example (or up to L66 map bosses), they fold under piety or map boss aoe. Dps is uber now, so I am ok to sacrifice some of it for more zombie survivability, but what do you and all think is the most efficient setup for this? Just assume your exact build for the discussion.

Also since dps goes down, might even switch hatred for another aura? If so which?

"
raytkh wrote:
I have some temple maps so we can run them together if you want.

I can kill temple piety pretty fast in a single player game. I want to test whether my zombies will survive or not in a multiplayer game ;)

Sounds good :)
Please wisper me in game.

"
baadtz_maru wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing some higher maps with some of the more scary for summoner mods myself, as a summoner I use zombies to tank because there are simply some maps where they will get killed either very quickly or repeatedly over time (any map + burning ground, fire golems, chaos snakes/alchemists) but Im not running vitality and rely on my spectres damage to clear. While i do find it interesting my map group would hate me if I had to do all that to re-summon my zombies, but it does look like fun for soloing (till itS fixed anyway).

I've never need re-summom at the moment.
All my minions have 79% fire resist. So I'm not afraid Burning ground and Fire golems.
However, Chaos Alchemists are very dangerous. I need freeze them quickly.

"
Geebacsi wrote:
Donald,
if you were to build zombies tankier (say high lvl maps), in what priority order would you plug these in:

minion life, minion resist, life leech (anything else worth it?)

and in what priority order would you sacrifice the dps gems:
remote mine (added fire dmg instead of this?), meelee splash, faster attack, multistrike, meelee physical

Reason I am asking, since I dont have montregul/midnight/sidhart my zombies are weaker, and while they are still perfect to clear up to lunaris Piety for example (or up to L66 map bosses), they fold under piety or map boss aoe. Dps is uber now, so I am ok to sacrifice some of it for more zombie survivability, but what do you and all think is the most efficient setup for this? Just assume your exact build for the discussion.

Also since dps goes down, might even switch hatred for another aura? If so which?

Empower also good for make zombies tankier.

It will vary depending on the situation.
I think Melee Physical Damage to Life Leech is the best.
And probably you don't need switch Hatred to another Aura.

But, I think Highest DPS makes my minions safest.
Minions will take a lot of damage if they need much time for killing enemies.
I'll use additional Warload's Mark if I need more zombie survivability.
Youtube Channel:
Well, you kill Piety before he can even do his first transformation, I cant, missing montregul, so Piety will transform, and then he wrecks zombies (again missing montregul defense boost), same will(can) happen to you as well, maybe at L74 maps, I dont know how far full zombies can take you. Will be interesting to find out.
Zombies still die no matter what.

8k hp and 75fire resist. Dies to fire golem rolls and fire alchemist bombs in 74~ maps.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
mattc3303 wrote:
Zombies still die no matter what.

8k hp and 75fire resist. Dies to fire golem rolls and fire alchemist bombs in 74~ maps.

How you figure their resists?
edit: nvm, found on PoE wiki.

I run a BM build similar to yours, but I use necro aegis(always wanted max survivability for minions). First I was using an allres archon, recently switched to Saffell's. Which seems better, as long as I'm in range to provide purity(makes sense I guess after calculating resists).
The thing I'm not sure about is the block. Someone said minions could block attacks thru aegis(or spells if wearing saffell's/rathpith), but I'm really not sure, and it's hard to see.
I wonder if I could message someone at GGG to ask about this.

Last edited by Lacceh on Sep 28, 2013, 8:43:49 PM
Could someone explain the goal of remote mine linked to raise zombie?
I don't understand what it is for.

When i summon a zombie, i set a mine on the ground and then nothing...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info