It's a character, not a toon.

Am I the only one that has to stifle an irrational rage whenever some refers to their character as a "toon" so that I don't just immediately punch the monitor? I don't know why, but this has become something beyond normal grammar nazism. I know it's ridiculous, but the moment I read that word, I immediately disregard the entire post and cannot bring myself to value the poster's opinion. It's not a fucking toon people, that's not a thing. /rant
IGN EntropicThunder
Be prepared to be angry. While it bothers you, most don't care and many love it.

More than six people can't decide where to eat dinner. Now try a gaming community in the millions. (Not just this one.)
Less rage, here, and more "WTF?"

Until the day I see Roger Rabbit on the Terraces, nope, not a toon. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
You mean the in game Toon?

The Toon that you play with yeah?

What else would you call a Toon, they've always been called Toons.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Be prepared to be angry. While it bothers you, most don't care and many love it.

More than six people can't decide where to eat dinner. Now try a gaming community in the millions. (Not just this one.)

Oh, I'm well aware that it's a problem beyond repair. Was mostly just venting and hoping to commiserate with anyone else who happens to feel the same way.
IGN EntropicThunder
"
Velocireptile wrote:

Would have liked there to be a bit more creativity for the first troll post. Would have been much more entertaining had you written a longer rant and then said it at the end. Gotta bring your A game.
IGN EntropicThunder
"
Hulkcore wrote:
"
Velocireptile wrote:

Would have liked there to be a bit more creativity for the first troll post. Would have been much more entertaining had you written a longer rant and then said it at the end. Gotta bring your A game.

You should play Champions Online for 2 minutes... You will be Toon mad.

In my head I refer to it as my Avatar (because of Ultima) not because of James Cameron's Fern Gully.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
I'm guessing the term came from MMO games. They should keep their speech because toon sounds really dumb in reference to characters in Path of Exile or other ARPG's.
Standard Forever
Avatar makes sense because that's actually what the word means. Using toon makes you sound stupid while you misuse the word. So, if you really want to double down on your stupidity, I guess it works for that.
IGN EntropicThunder
Toon has been around for a long time, not a new term. I played AO/DAoC/EQ over a decade ago.. well over... and people called their characters toons. I prefer 'alt' and 'main' myself.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info