It's a character, not a toon.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
It seems to me that the proper abbreviation for character would be char (spoken as "car").

Still, toon is established, and it meets the main prerequisites: one syllable, four letters or less. I don't give a fuck as long as it's easy to say and easy to type.

Best argument ever! Go fighting Chars!
It's actually interesting, because there's an SC/HC split here. In HC, 9 times out of 10 i see people use the terms "char" or "alt", but on SC i hear "toon" much more frequently than anything else.
@Xendran: It's official then. New term is "char," chars other than your main char are your alts, all other terminology can get fucked.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I have always called my characters a "char" and have heard people call them a "toon" since 1999 when I was playing EverQuest.

Call it whatever you want, it all means the same thing.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
I call them toons simply because that s what they are. They are caricatures almost cartoonish in their portraying. Just look the idiot face of the marauder screaming "i am stupid but i hit bad" Or the witch looking like a bad version of Elvira without the tits.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 22, 2013, 9:13:11 AM
GGG should just add a chat filter that automatically changes toon to char.
IGN EntropicThunder
I have the same rage when I see people use "lol".

Somewhere in the back of my head sits a little man telling me that no intelligent human being would use that 'word'.

As you can guess, being on the internet is pretty taxing.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Sep 22, 2013, 11:32:29 AM
So.. You don't like when people use the word Toon.. Damn, your life must be hard and social heavy. Getting mad about pixxelated words that some one else writes in with no intent of harm.

O.o

Step 1. Get out of the chair.

Step 2. Pull up the curtain, SLOWLY. If you've been infront of the screen for to long, you will burn a bit, like a vampire.

Step 3. Get back to the chair, theres nothing out there for you anyways.

Step 4. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon. Toon.

Step 5. Progress that and think about unicorns.

Step 6. Bash your head against the wall fifty times.

Step 7. Repeat the above.

Step 8. Don't listen to a random guy in the forums, just get mad about shit things and go on with your life.
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
We use to have a sign at work that said "In case of Frustration, Please bang head here." It was a large black circle taped to a steel beam.
Your sig.. I don't even.... Moon, stop mindfuck people. It's not nice.
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Last edited by Xpire on Sep 22, 2013, 4:17:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info