Another gunman shooting! We need stricter gun control laws!!!

"
I often laugh and revel in the humor of a losing argument whose only card left to play is the "get with the times, that's not relevant for today." There is always a connection to losing the debate and trying to make others feel bad for being logical.

that's the thing though, there is no real "argument" or "debate" when one side refuses to even discuss the mere possibility that some changes should be looked at.

we give guns to blind people for fucks sake!!!!
~SotW HC Guild~

"
derbefrier wrote:
Americans are raised with this belief it is ingrained in our culture from birth much like other places outside of the US its citizens indoctrinated since birth to believe guns are the root of all evil.

lol, no one is indoctrinated against guns. People learn about guns just like anything else and think 'oh, thats dangerous, dont want to be around one of those' same way they learn what a shark is and instantly form the belief that they dont want one in their local swimming pool. You dont need to be indoctrinated against something that is potentially lethal.

All this talk of defending yourself from your government and overthrowing them if they get tyrannical etc, you really believe that? Why havent you done it already? You think your gun is going to save you from the United States government if it comes after you? Honestly? How did that work out for the folks at Waco?

Your government spending millions every single day on warfare, I got news for you, if that day comes youre fucked. Your local police department probably has enough firepower to wipe out your entire neighbourhood, your military could destroy the entire biosphere of the planet if it wanted to and you think your rifle is going to help fight these people if it comes to it? Not going to happen.

lol snorkle!

You have made some very good and VALID points... wonder if anyone from the states is able to understand though...that's the question
Last edited by Josephoenix on Sep 18, 2013, 8:06:23 PM
"
Josephoenix wrote:
lol snorkle!

You have made some very good and VALID points... wonder if anyone from the states is able to understand though...that's the question

believe me there are a lot of us here that understand its a big problem...issue is the politicians are all bought and paid for by lobbyists so change is nearly impossible.

and you can see in this thread why most of us on the side of reform give up when the debate is less than an honest one.

ffs i put a link up about a new law in iowa that grants gun carry rights to blind people and nobody seems to care...we are THAT far gone.
~SotW HC Guild~

"
My girlfriend, when we discussed this briefly last night, quoted someone (couldn't recall whom) and said, hey, gun laws are fine, PROVIDED we still use the weapons that were around at the time of the Second Amendment: 1791, btw. Not exactly a time of automatic handguns and concealed pistols that can fire several rounds almost instantly.

She said, and I agree, that if the folks who made the Second Amendment had any inkling what sorts of guns the future held, and that society would change so drastically, they'd have definitely had second thoughts.

That's like saying the first amendment is no longer applicable because the language and the way we communicate has changed. [Removed by admin]

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Your government spending millions every single day on warfare, I got news for you, if that day comes youre fucked. Your local police department probably has enough firepower to wipe out your entire neighbourhood, your military could destroy the entire biosphere of the planet if it wanted to and you think your rifle is going to help fight these people if it comes to it? Not going to happen.

So you really believe that if a nationwide revolt were to happen that the military and police departments would start mowing down their own people? Someone either reads too many novels or has never talked to a police officer or soldier.
I will say that in the case that they did actually mow down their own people, that it would be the same kinds of people who are making these poor arguments against guns, people who justify their beliefs off of their emotions instead of something a little less self-interested.

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Sep 18, 2013, 11:05:50 PM
@Septile

Regarding the 1st amendment - if, we developed technology or changed physiologically such that certain words could be used to kill scores of people in seconds... then yes, I'd be all for changing the 1st amendment to ban those words. I think most rational people would be as well, instead of just screaming about our 'loss of liberty'.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
@Septile

Regarding the 1st amendment - if, we developed technology or changed physiologically such that certain words could be used to kill scores of people in seconds... then yes, I'd be all for changing the 1st amendment to ban those words. I think most rational people would be as well, instead of just screaming about our 'loss of liberty'.

That's not the point I was making.

Guns have evolved since the second amendment, they're significantly more effective at being guns. Hence, the second amendment should no longer apply.

Speech has evolved since the first amendment, it's significantly easier to communicate with others than ever before. Hence, the first amendment should no longer apply.

It's about the law, not morality. I don't argue against gun control from a legal perspective, I argue against it from a pragmatic perspective. but when somebody brings up the constitution they're making it solely about the law.
Last edited by Septile on Sep 18, 2013, 9:37:58 PM
I should be allowed to carry a magnum, shotgun etc anywhere where it isn't prohibited. I have the right to protect myself and my family, be rest assured I live in Florida, "Stand your ground law." If I feel you are a threat I will not hesitate to shoot you, plain and simple. Don't like guns that is your own personal issue. Do not hinder in anyway my rights as a human being to protect myself or choose how to do so.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
"
solwitch wrote:
I should be allowed to carry a magnum, shotgun etc anywhere where it isn't prohibited. I have the right to protect myself and my family, be rest assured I live in Florida, "Stand your ground law." If I feel you are a threat I will not hesitate to shoot you, plain and simple. Don't like guns that is your own personal issue. Do not hinder in anyway my rights as a human being to protect myself or choose how to do so.

You also claim to have physically assaulted a nurse and enjoyed it.

Folks like you make me intensely grateful for the Pacific Ocean.

you'd be amazed how an infinitesimally small "imaginary line" mostly located on the 49th parallel is enough for me to feel about 1000x safer. Though an ocean would be appreciated. lol
Last edited by Josephoenix on Sep 18, 2013, 10:18:49 PM
[Removed by Admin]
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Sep 18, 2013, 10:13:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info