Bored of Path of Magic Find.

"
wisdorin wrote:
i never focused somehow on magic find, and i always find gear, currency and a bunch of uniques with almost 0 MF. IIR/IIQ obviously increasing the drop chance&rate but if you can farm fast enough its not really needed...i think its overrated, especially when you think you have to play a mf build you dont like....

Wisdo Says true. Of cource you have more chance with mf groups. but its far from needed. the games alot easier alone anyways self found is harder. but your not playing a self found game your playing an online ONLY game, i personally rather finding my gear. but thats just not how poe is. unless you get lucky or just play alot around lvl 60+ lvl 60+ is easy as fuck , they even buffed making 4link and 5link how can anyone complain. This is my first char I started maybe 1 week ago playing few hours a day (on dom league) with maybe 13 magic find 20 iiq from sadimas because they give ele dps. I got all this gear highest orb i found was divine and i got deal on my boost. rest is all from trade chat. theres tons of people who sell specifically CHEAP LVLING GEAR. gota stop being so lazy guys.

Spoiler

im super squichy high dps char....i solo and team maps and if im focused i jsut dont die im lvl 70 atm and getting there wasent an ishue of gear there is TONS of gear its like ANY other game..If you cant trade then dont complain, its online game theres no reason game should be so easy that you dont ever need help if your into chalenges play nemesis or selfound but dont complain. its obviously harder.

tl dr: You dont need magic find. find orbs buy gear, progress.

hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Last edited by Sawm on Nov 23, 2013, 9:59:25 AM
i dont get why everyone thinks you need high iir , it took me 2 days to farm 10 ex for a bringer of rain with about 40 iir ( it was early start of a new league so its easier to sell )
i focus on clear / kill speed and farming in zones where you can do the chaos vendor recipe.
also if i ever turn the trade channels on to sell , i sell on the cheaper side to get it over quick, you can pile up junky uniques / supports you dont need waiting to get maximum value - imo its better flick it cheap and keep farming

luck is involed , so the more time you spend slaying the better?

and also pray to RNGeesus

or chris..
I'm doing maps with a friend and we're both self found and actually have crap gear and having fun. We run some magic find but we don't have some lame boring ass magic build pure for magic find, we're having fun with our build.
I don't get the point of the OP, what he describes is endgame of a ARPG, how else would like to gear up, just buy it from an AH and get bored even faster or what? Seriously what's your point.
I'm having a blast with progressing through maps even with our crappy gear. Stop mirroring yourself with robots.

And btw there is nothing wrong with just playing up to 70 or something if that's what you want, you can do whatever you want in this game. There is so much to do, be creative, set own goals if you're bored with what you are doing now or take a small break, it's all fine.
Last edited by leto2626 on Nov 23, 2013, 9:03:31 PM
My character build is my own. It's probably inferior in DPS and survivability to some other build, but it's mine and I have fun mapping with it currently at 82.

Having said that, if I want to get better drops I have to sacrifice the effectiveness of my build in either dps or survivability to run inferior IIQ/IIR gear or gems. I really would like better drops too - I only have to stop by the vendor once every 3 maps. It's that bad.

I don't have a 6 link. My build requires 4 of the 5 gems in my 5L chest to make it function, and that 5th support is a huge quality of life improvement to the setup. I use 1h/shield, so it's my only slot to work with.

Magic find should be the same for everyone regardless of gear or gem choice. I could go make a MF spork witch; I'm even tempted to. But, I play this game to play characters I want to play, not boring cookie cutter MF builds to get rich.

TLDR; Some may argue that gearing/gemming MF is a choice we have to make, but I argue it's a choice we shouldn't have to make. MF is an old and tired mechanic that takes away from creative gameplay.
Last edited by MMOAddict on Nov 24, 2013, 2:12:49 AM
"
wisdorin wrote:
i never focused somehow on magic find, and i always find gear, currency and a bunch of uniques with almost 0 MF. IIR/IIQ obviously increasing the dropchance&rate but if you can farm fast enough its not really needed...i think its overrated, espacially when you think you have to play a mf build you dont like....

It is overrated, I cant believe a lot of people havent gotten this yet.

MF as it is now, it's no longer needed to do a sporker build with 400% IIR, IMHO. And people still complain?? I killed Dominus few days ago with a negative IIR (due to Voidhome) and I got a boat load of rares.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 25, 2013, 1:06:20 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:

MF as it is now, it's no longer needed to do a sporker build with 400% IIR, IMHO. And people still complain?? I killed Dominus few days ago with a negative IIR (due to Voidhome) and I got a boat load of rares.

and I kill bosses/rogue exiles with no magic find and get nothing but whites and blues. That doesn't happen on my MF build. Just sayin.
Standard Forever
"
toyotatundra wrote:

Dude, move away from Piety and Dom and you'll see the difference. Both of them just got incredible drop rate.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:

Dude, move away from Piety and Dom and you'll see the difference. Both of them just got incredible drop rate.

People asked for the MF to be nerfed and GGG complied. This is the change and we just have to adapt and find whatever makes for best farming now. I believe it's a change for the better.

Before we had a situation where everyone and their mother had to a do low life sporker with 400%+ IIR, run Docks all day, and no other builds could compete with you... now those type of builds arent as needed. It's exactly those drop rates that now allow anyone with a good build to make some currency. Instead of making a sporker and packing as much MF as you can, Now I'd make any build I want, pack on as much DPS and clear speed as I can, any IIQ/IIR is just extra, and hello Scepter of God.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 25, 2013, 10:08:07 AM
add charms or collectible iiq/iir orbs. win.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
torturo wrote:

People asked for the MF to be nerfed and GGG complied. This is the change and we just have to adapt and find whatever makes for best farming now. I believe it's a change for the better.

Before we had a situation where everyone and their mother had to a do low life sporker with 400%+ IIR, run Docks all day, and no other builds could compete with you... now those type of builds arent as needed. It's exactly those drop rates that now allow anyone with a good build to make some currency. Instead of making a sporker and packing as much MF as you can, Now I'd make any build I want, pack on as much DPS and clear speed as I can, any IIQ/IIR is just extra, and hello Scepter of God.

and how did this changed exactly?
ok they have now 600/200 mf. yeah.

game is still unrewarding as fuck.
i got two mates, a couple into poe.
they play for like 2 weeks now.
i login today ... " dude, poe is quite unrewarding"
i replied "yeah, dont go anywhere without mf"

mf is still mandatory. and we need 10 times the orb droprate to make the game fun in the long term.

btw: where is this epic mf thread with like 20k replies? (or hits ;p)
Last edited by NomadFX on Jan 7, 2014, 11:44:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info