Bored of Path of Magic Find.

"
Agreed. Although everyone flames D3, the one that I liked about it was that you didn't have to stack MF.

Nope! Just gotta stack credit card numbers.
"
bhavv wrote:
The reason why there are more sporkers than any other build is because the alternative caster builds are so much weaker. Why does Ice Nova on a full Ice / Elemental / AoE passive build that I have only do 380 DPS, while swapping the ice nova gem to a spark gem of the same level give me 410 DPS, with cold damage and not lightning damage passives? Spark has such a greater range and AoE coverage than any other spell, why cant other spells be made as effective as spark to bring more build diversity for casters?

There are a lot of really powerful spells for ele caster, e.g. Ice Spear, Freezing Pulse or Firestorm. All of them have different pros and cons, but overall they work really well.

Back to topic :

Getting MF means you usually lose damage / killspeed / defense - that makes it balanced.

Using Alts+Augs (which are really cheap and easy to get) you can get 2 good stats on items. Thats usually enough item (in addition with a good build) to play at least lvl 70 Maps. Sure you can't play some mods and other mods may be hard - but well, every build has its problems. So no, you can play almost all content self found with at least 10+ different builds.

"
iamstryker wrote:

You think if people couldn't stack magic find so well with spark that it would still be this popular? I don't think so.

I still don't get why sporker is that popular. There are safer MF builds (like Dual Ice Spear / Freezing Pulse Totem) or faster MF builds (Discharge) out there. After the last nerf Spork is kind of weak compared to other ele spells.

My sporker can run 2.3K dps (pre charges) with 247% MF. Can run 3.1K dps (pre charges) with 180% MF. Seems like a trade off to me.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
greed make this game not fun
Not sure if this was suggested, but play hardcore. No MF there, goal is to survive. You cant really do that with 250 IIR. And most of my chars are selffound and I do maps just fine. Not sure what is your problem.

Make more sturdy character maybe?

"
inDef wrote:
I don't want to play an MF sporker or a MF summoner. That basically means that I can't play the game past level 60.

This is not true.
"
TheSwap wrote:
Not sure if this was suggested, but play hardcore. No MF there, goal is to survive. You cant really do that with 250 IIR. And most of my chars are selffound and I do maps just fine. Not sure what is your problem.

Heh, this is also not true. Plenty of MF'ers in the hardcore leagues.
"
nhargobange wrote:
"
Agreed. Although everyone flames D3, the one that I liked about it was that you didn't have to stack MF.

Nope! Just gotta stack credit card numbers.

...as if you couldn't do that with PoE as well? Just spend 5 mins in trade chat and you're spammed with RMT sites to buy whatever you want for pennies on the dollar.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
"
TheSwap wrote:

You sure you played HC leagues? In Onslaught it was the most common thing to run Shavs with 500IIR+. Not much really changed about that in Nemesis, there are just less people who run Shavs.
i never focused somehow on magic find, and i always find gear, currency and a bunch of uniques with almost 0 MF. IIR/IIQ obviously increasing the dropchance&rate but if you can farm fast enough its not really needed...i think its overrated, espacially when you think you have to play a mf build you dont like....
The elements are my allies.
The dead are my servants.
And fear...will be my closest friend.

Deutscher Global Channel "/global 4745"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info