The PoE is for Spork

I was like you , really , here's the truth tho.
I made a sporker and another gazillion of characters over lvl 80, believe me , all
the good drops , and i mean all of them , are from my 0 mf characters.
I have played both mf and no mf characters equal time , i wont spend my time anymore mfing
"
bhavv wrote:

The drop rate and crafting system is exactly how this genre of RPG works, if you dont like it, then this isnt exactly the right game for you.

oh god please not this crap again.

I admit the thread title is troll-ish to get attention, and the real point of my OP is not-so-cleverly concealed behind a "pseudo-hatred" towards MF Spork.

but please read my post history, even if that can get tiresome.

I believe I made a total of less than 10 posts about Spork out of 1600.
and instead of trying to explain - for the over-1000th time - why PoE's ungodly drops and luck-crafting is not how ARPG or RPG work, I'll just say I probably played this genre (and most of it's parent-genres) more than you did, and have a pretty good knowledge on the matter.

I've also played this game quite a bit. enough to get so frustrated. enough to admire the couple of guys in this thread, who think like me. who still insist on not succumbing to MF, or obsessive trade, or RMT.
maybe I'm crazy, but damn it's good to know I'm not alone.
yet.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 10, 2013, 4:54:35 AM
"
andkamen wrote:
you are wrong. Spork is not the only viable way of doing magic find.
You can also do low life physical wander with shav for amazing MF + better damage :P
There are also other non-shav builds that can manage good MF stats without low life or totems

You mean a 30+ EX item is required to do well in POE?
What non-shav/non-low life/non-totem builds are u talking about? Name one build that can be just as viable with more than half the mf of a shav/low life/totem build.(i'm being generous with just needing more than half the mf of a stacked shav/low life/totem char)

And by "just as viable" i mean, equiv clearing speed with the luxury of having almost no risk of dying.
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who cant hunt, fish or ride.
Lowballer - Ancient tribal slang for a total waste of time, and hence, will be totally and utterly ignored.
Last edited by emoqqboy on Sep 10, 2013, 4:52:41 AM
i try to get all my rare gear with iir and iiq , but i don't play sporker :(

low life claw build seems fun though with double strike , don't know if it would kill faster then mf wander though
Last edited by khemintiri on Sep 10, 2013, 5:55:53 AM
So what happens if I make a dual ice spear totem MF character? Does the PoE universe implode in on itself because I defied the laws of the forumites?
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
hmm 3 pages. very small percentage of people who bothered reading my whole OP.
even smaller percentage of people who got the point I was trying to get across.

maybe I gave you guys too much credit with my "cryptic" message.

I give up.

/thread

moderators please lock this before the usual General Discussion flame-war starts. thanks!
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 10, 2013, 5:04:15 AM
i tried low life mf sporker.

most boring thing i ever played in poe. and even with culling, sporks cant catch up with good dps in high end groups. quite ineffective unless the whole grp stops attacking ...lol.

build a low life mf wander then which is able to get 99% of the kills, without annyoing delays each yellow.
Last edited by NomadFX on Sep 10, 2013, 5:44:16 AM
You must have been playing it completely wrong then, I've been doing maps with a sporker with over 115 quantity / 350 rarity the last couple of days, and the map gets covered in loot.

It was working best in the small area wave attack maps, bit still effective on others too.

But again, if you don't like the build then you don't have to play it, what to people here hope to achieve by complaining about a build that they don't like? I don't even think the complaints are genuine, its just one of those 'its cool to hate this cos everyone else hates it too' type of things.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
You must have been playing it completely wrong then, I've been doing maps with a sporker with over 115 quantity / 350 rarity the last couple of days, and the map gets covered in loot.

It was working best in the small area wave attack maps, bit still effective on others too.

But again, if you don't like the build then you don't have to play it, what to people here hope to achieve by complaining about a build that they don't like? I don't even think the complaints are genuine, its just one of those 'its cool to hate this cos everyone else hates it too' type of things.

Actually, it's more of "It's cool to lay down 2 totems and go grocery shopping just to come back to the entire game dead with loot lying around" sort of thing.

I played Spork. It's boring. It's effective. It's probably the most efficient way to run MF and run end-game content with the effort of pressing 2 buttons and walking away. Those 2 buttons being Spork Totem and Spork Totem.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
No magic find sporker, got 2 Shavrones with 0 IR. All in all why should i raise a MF sporker, just to find tons of low and mid unique items. I proofed that IR is extrelmy overrated, thats not an issue of GGG, more than a problem of players, who believe the best items only drop with high ir, which is extreme nonsense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info