Build of the Week Video #11

"
Grzybas wrote:
Does linking Life Leech to RF give you some hp back when you burn monsters?

No, only works with active skills. Would be way overpowered anyway.

The only supports that work with Righteous Fire are Increased AoE (which is very useful), Concentrated Effect (which only decreases the area) and Faster Casting (which is very marginal effect). There could be something I have overlooked but these are the only ones I have found.

-Ropetus
Author of Build of the Week #11: PalavaKostaja - Righteous Fire Marauder
"
Ropetus wrote:
"
Grzybas wrote:

The only supports that work with Righteous Fire are Increased AoE (which is very useful), Concentrated Effect (which only decreases the area) and Faster Casting (which is very marginal effect). There could be something I have overlooked but these are the only ones I have found.

-Ropetus

What about Iron Will ? does it increase spell dmg ?
"
Grzybas wrote:
"
Ropetus wrote:
"
Grzybas wrote:

-Ropetus

What about Iron Will ? does it increase spell dmg ?

Iron Will and all the 'Added X damage' do not work with Righteous Fire, they only work with active skills. Same with Leech.

As far as I know nothing increases Righteous Fire damage except raising your life total and Burning damage bonuses. The latter however also increase the damage inflicted to the character so they are usually a very bad idea.

-Ropetus
Last edited by Ropetus on Sep 25, 2012, 5:26:01 PM
Oki 1 last question would you rather have rings with good
+hp for more dmg to kill faster and have more hp or get
2x Kaom's Sign so you can have 8 endurance charges total
which basicly comes to
more hp/more dmg VS 2 more endu charges=10% dmg reduction
0,4 % hp regen and resists which you should max without endu charges anyway

I suppose the added stats on rigs are more important like dex/int to meet skills requirements
"
Grzybas wrote:
Oki 1 last question would you rather have rings with good
+hp for more dmg to kill faster and have more hp or get
2x Kaom's Sign so you can have 8 endurance charges total
which basicly comes to
more hp/more dmg VS 2 more endu charges=10% dmg reduction
0,4 % hp regen and resists which you should max without endu charges anyway

I suppose the added stats on rigs are more important like dex/int to meet skills requirements

I have eyed Kaom's Rings too for this build but have not tested them in practice. Replacing the rings I use at the moment would cost be about 300 life and some resistances (which would be partially countered by the additional charges). Perhaps I should trade for a pair and test it.

However, with the upcoming resistance penalties I have a feeling that fire resistance on rings will be necessary.

Stat requirements are not that bad for this character, my dex skills (Whirling Blades and Phase Run) are left to level 1 and i only need about 100 int to use the critical skills. Anything extra just allows me to level Clarity, Freezing Pulse and Elemental Weakness higher. Strength is of course very useful for life and increased Freezing Pulse damage (Iron Will).

-Ropetus
I see , well to be honest i dont really think those 2 endurance charges are so important unless you play in party and want every1 to have 8 endu charges just to be safe.Cause basicly thats what you get from kaoms cause life leech is not important for this build.

Also another question have you considered Amplify node?
+aoe radius and +aoe dmg i guess it should increase RF dmg without increasing the burn to yourself and you would only need to spend 2 points to get it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info