Build of the Week Video #11

"
Chris wrote:

Edit: our "second office" is not a bathroom, honest.

My hot chocolate just came out my nose on that one :/ That hurt.
"
Elynole wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Edit: our "second office" is not a bathroom, honest.

My hot chocolate just came out my nose on that one :/ That hurt.

My job here is done! And on that note, I shall go to sleep now.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
A very interesting build, but seems to be quite boring to play.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
That was pretty good but being that low on life all the time would stress me waaaay too much!
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Not that much different as to control your minions as a summoner - but some players call that 'boring' too... ^^
Just kind of a different playstyle compared to melee or ranged fighting.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Cool! My build made it! \o/

Some comments about my build and the video:

After the weapon swap aura patch I have dropped Determination (It was only about 2% damage reduction since my uniques have pretty low armor values) and moved all my auras to my main gear. This was not actually a problem because dropping determination freed up the slots on one item. Weapon swap was always used more for convenience than extra skill space for this character. Living without Determination allows me to cast several spells at a time without running out of mana.

I also leveled up my Purity a couple of days ago, I can reach 98% fire resistance now.

"
dualestl wrote:
BTW any reason not to use the Springleaf shield which adds 6.0 health regen on low life?
The same with Meginords Girdle which adds 10% more life and ,the very necessary for this build,25% faster flask recovery rate.

I used Springleaf until I replaced it with Saffell's at lvl 59. Saffell is better for a couple of reasons: 1) It is much better item defensively. 2) It works even while not on low life. This build is not designed to be always on low life, it's just a coincidence it often is. I engage new mobs at full life and the low life items are more of an extra buffer of life. 3) The increased resistances also work against enemy attacks which is significant since the build is technically a melee character. 4) It has a small bonus to spell damage.

I have a Meginord's Girdle belt and have experimented it but my twinked Leather Belt grants more life due to passive nodes. However, if I ever get my hands on a Kaom's Heart armor the 10% of Meginord's will turn out better :). Replacing Ambu's with Kaom's will be easy since I can run all my necessary skills on 4 pieces of equipment. A chest with many links is totally unnecessary for this build.

And yes, it is pretty challenging to play. It took a while to get the hang of it and I died quite a few times. Now the character can clear maps quite effectively, as long as there are no horrible killer mods on it (lessened max resists, disabled life regen or vulnerability totally kill the build).

-Ropetus
Author of Build of the Week #11: PalavaKostaja - Righteous Fire Marauder
Last edited by Ropetus on Sep 23, 2012, 11:37:35 AM
How does he get 97% fire resist ? Or Chris made a mistake somewhere ?

75% maximum
+ 5 max from passive skill tree
+ 5 max from saffell frame
+ 3 from purity (assuming gem lvl 17)

Total of 88% fire resist. Does He added the flaks up to 98% ? If so than the purity gem does not get leveled up enough.
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
the flasks give another 10% but only for ~2 seconds... watching this was like watching my build.... kinda sad now :( lol good job on the build though! interesting choice in shield btw!
So many build ideas... no time....
"
Progammer wrote:
How does he get 97% fire resist ? Or Chris made a mistake somewhere ?

75% maximum
+ 3 from purity (assuming gem lvl 17)

Total of 88% fire resist. Does He added the flaks up to 98% ? If so than the purity gem does not get leveled up enough.

This is correct. A Ruby flask is counted in the 97% (Purity is only lvl 16 in the video, leveled it to 17 only recently). 20% quality Ruby lasts 2,4 seconds and with two of them and the killing speed of the build they can be sustained quite well.

Total math for the build:

75% maximum resist
+ 3 from purity

= 88% damage resisted = 12% life per second lost

5,8% regen from passive tree nodes
+ 1,2% regen from 6 endurance charges
+ 1,3% regen from vitality (lvl 16 at the moment)

= 8,3% of life regened per second = 3,7% life per second lost

+2,0% regen on low life from Ambu's Charge
+1,0% regen on low life from Araku Tiki

= 0,7% life per second lost on low life

This can be turned into 9,3% life regen on low life with a Ruby Flask. Not counted are non %-based regen on items because they're so low compared to the %-based ones.

The build was toned down a lot in the latest patch which lessened the values of all life regen nodes. I lost a total of 1,7% of life regen in the patch. With the old tree the build was able to push itself to net life gain during Righteous Fire without flask support.

The (most likely) upcoming resistance penalty patch will affect the build only slightly. I counted the resistances I can gather and I need to spend less than 5 points on resistances to counter them (I have not picked a single resistance node that is not on a path to life nodes).

-Ropetus
Author of Build of the Week #11: PalavaKostaja - Righteous Fire Marauder
Last edited by Ropetus on Sep 23, 2012, 12:47:40 PM
"
Ropetus wrote:

Total math for the build:

75% maximum resist
+ 3 from purity

= 88% damage resisted = 12% life per second lost

5,8% regen from passive tree nodes
+ 1,2% regen from 6 endurance charges
+ 1,3% regen from vitality (lvl 16 at the moment)

= 8,3% of life regened per second = 3,7% life per second lost

+2,0% regen on low life from Ambu's Charge
+1,0% regen on low life from Araku Tiki

= 0,7% life per second lost on low life

i'm doing almost the same build (except mine is designed to run at low life always and doesn't require ruby flasks) as you but i find it interesting that you changed your shield to the max resist one... by my math (which is the same as yours) with springleaf i can run at low life and continuously run RF so was wondering why you opted for more max resists?
So many build ideas... no time....
Last edited by Simony on Sep 23, 2012, 1:02:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info