PVP Feedback

"
MullaXul wrote:
Need to nerf energy shield rf low life molten ++ shavs builds. Their complete bull shit vs melee its not even an argument.

If you are talking about those that also max block than it is just melee that don't have a chance. RF is no problem in PvP as all you would have to do is curse them once with elemental weakness (or flamability) and watch them burn down to 1 life.

Molten shell on the other hand is both op but also really needed if we want casters to have a place in PvP. Would love a change in some way to it that still didn't make casters totally useless, I don't really know what change that would be. In my opinion are block a larger issue for balance. Molten can be countered with a single bear trap gem (especially with the new cooldown), no amount of damage or cast speed could win against max block with life/es not to be killed in one hit (unless you are insanely lucky) the only thing I can see to do against it is max block yourself and get a draw.
I would love to see a CTF mode at one point, as it was mentioned in the development manifesto a long time ago.
"
tehnix wrote:
I would love to see a CTF mode at one point, as it was mentioned in the development manifesto a long time ago.

I remember Chris talking about this as well. Would be fun.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Traps were way too powerful and might still be (don't know for sure since the latest nerf)

Kaoms Heart is far too powerful in its current form.

Overall there just needs to be a bit more balance for stuff thats too powerful and dominates pvp.

The pvp que is very bad, players need a place to congregate and not sit and stare at a que.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Sep 13, 2013, 5:45:57 PM
Edit: Not even worth it
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Sep 14, 2013, 2:53:42 PM
"
iamstryker wrote:

The pvp que is very bad, players need a place to congregate and not sit and stare at a que.

agreed
IGN: @ShocklerMolesh

Map Management Resource:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977
Last edited by Quak3 on Sep 16, 2013, 6:16:34 PM
"
Quak3 wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

agreed

a game I played called global agenda had a practice room that was really large, with obstacles, and a flag that respawned on the podium in the middle of the arena. Each person was assigned a team upon entering the room, which was right outside the main hub for all player activity and u could mess around in this arena whiled queued for tourneys and other pvp events. No points were awarded in the practice room but u could make adjustments to your gear and build in a safe area right outside the main arena. If your didnt want to fight and were just bored chatting, you could sit in the safe area and watch everyone brawl through the pretty glass.

I think so many games would benefit from such a simple idea.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
There needs to be a way to pvp specific players. The queue is neat and all but what about casual duels or in-house matches? In the current implementation, friends who want to duel have to join the queue at the same time so if anyone happens to join at that time...well good luck trying to duel your friend. This gets worse the more people that start to pvp.

In Diablo 2 this wasn't a problem because it had a built-in lobby system. It would be neat if there was a lobby for pvp and then add the queue option on the same window so people have the choice to play private games or randoms or heck just let us duel our friends!

I think many people have mentioned this already but there's not really an incentive for pvp aside from the fun of it. Maybe you can obtain temporary visual appearance items through pvp. I don't know if you guys plan to implement rankings but maybe give players participation points so we'd have to buy the item. The item would have to be a microtransaction item and it would work like an effect except you can't reclaim it and it expires. Something like a coloured bracelet for a glove or coloured ribbon for shoes.

Of course there are many problems with this such as people "farming pvp" but just an idea :).
"
Grildrak wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
Need to nerf energy shield rf low life molten ++ shavs builds. Their complete bull shit vs melee its not even an argument.

If you are talking about those that also max block than it is just melee that don't have a chance. RF is no problem in PvP as all you would have to do is curse them once with elemental weakness (or flamability) and watch them burn down to 1 life.

Molten shell on the other hand is both op but also really needed if we want casters to have a place in PvP. Would love a change in some way to it that still didn't make casters totally useless, I don't really know what change that would be. In my opinion are block a larger issue for balance. Molten can be countered with a single bear trap gem (especially with the new cooldown), no amount of damage or cast speed could win against max block with life/es not to be killed in one hit (unless you are insanely lucky) the only thing I can see to do against it is max block yourself and get a draw.

It all boils down to how penetration gems work. You can't overstack resistence to attempt to negate the -resistence like a curse. So having a flat 35 or so resistence vs a 45+ k dmg Molten = 1shot city for even my 6.6k hp. It takes 2 Moltens from some players others it takes 1, depending on the set up its just far too strong. I hope penetration gems are concidered in pvp balance. I understand how all of these gems were designed to work for pvm, just can't expect it to make as much sense in pvp. If I didn't waste countless passive points to ignore block chance id kill myself to tempest reflect+shavs reflect aswell making molten not even worth using vs me. Then add if the guy decided to actually attack himself with say...ethereal knives for example (templarthefall). The bottom line is Molten itself doesnt need reworked, penetration gems do. Also pretty sick of hearing Kaoms is "op". Give me a break, energy shield builds are cookie cutter as shit. I get they are costly but the essential items involved to make a successful ES character have 0 downside. All uniques we have now were designed to specificly remove any possible downside you'd have as an ES character. Hp builds still suffer handicaps and limitations, add my previous arguement regarding penetration gems and any other imbalanced shit you can think of I didn't address. Just inexperience or stupidity to assume Kaoms is still an op item in this games current state of pvp. Versus lesser geared characters that thought it was a good idea to run 6l chest on an hp build in pvp...and have 3-4k hp, ya sure. Thats your problem. But in the grand scheme of things pvp boils down to highest end geared ES characters vs highest geared HP characters and the balance is just not there.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Sep 21, 2013, 11:55:07 PM
Not much different from CB PVP Feedback but you are too lazy to dig it up, since nothing changed!

Limit max damage to some point in high lvl pvp the game is so horribly balanced damage scaling won't help at all.

High Level PVP is dead because it's just a one shot spectacle. BT, 6 linked stuff etc.

Remove the frozen ailment. That one is just stupid. Especially in CT Races.

Make Decoytotems automate players aim the totem when in range.

Summons are utterly useless in PVP.

Rework your horrible crit mechanics aka no LMP/GMP crit roll for all projectiles-->each projectile gets its own roll.

Create a constant leap slam travel speed.

Balance elemental damage to the weapon speed-->Faster weapon less damage.

Create more PVP rulesets such max 4 linked items allowed, only white items, diffent level caps such as 10,19,24 and 31(28 is a stupid level).

Remove Aura precasting, this is just annoying.

Penalties for the stronger player on heavily uneven matches.

Arena Hazards to make uncommon builds viaable.

Edit: Remove the stupid serverbased Queue in act2, the game is already dead enough.
Create a PVP channel which only allows to link challenges like Items.

Like: "1 vs 1 Arena lvl 28" "3 vs 3 Arena White Items only, 4 link max" "3 Round 4 Player KO Tournament" "Battle Royal"

Last edited by Hilbert on Sep 24, 2013, 10:18:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info