PVP Feedback

"
I think it'd be cool to have a 2nd version of your passive tree for pvp. You would have the same skill points as your normal tree but be able to reallocate as you wish. This would allow you to adapt and try to counter builds, all while playing around with one of the coolest features of PoE (the passive tree). This is such a good idea. Do it!

this is indeed genius.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Is there some technical reason that players have to be in town to que for pvp? Simply allowing players to continue playing/farming/leveling/whatever while in the pvp que would probobly go a long way to increasing the pvp population.

Perhaps the addition of a pvp global channel could also help to get people more involved in pvp.
"
Pliney wrote:
Is there some technical reason that players have to be in town to que for pvp? Simply allowing players to continue playing/farming/leveling/whatever while in the pvp que would probobly go a long way to increasing the pvp population.

Perhaps the addition of a pvp global channel could also help to get people more involved in pvp.

Agreed. Being able to set up a PvP game via the party system would go a long way too, even if it's more rigid than D2's hostile system.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Returned to the game as a summoner in 1.0.0, and today I decided to give a try at pvp.
Well 3 things that made not want to try pvp ever again with a summoner at least if continues like this.

First - have to constantly recast auras (I guess this applies to all builds that use auras) this is annoying, most summoners run with 4 or 5 auras, by the time I finish casting auras my opponent is on top of me.

Second - all my minions are gone when I start a duel, so no zombies or spectral's, means I have no dps at all.
Spectral's are so important to add dps and tactic, sure I have bodies on the floor but really who use rhoas as spectral?!
So no access to the ones I normally use means I can't surprise my adversary with some strange combos.

Third - All my passives to have good zombies and spectral's are useless because running 10 zombies 3 spectral's 4 auras and arctic armor well is more than 15 secs of casting time, no way i'm gonna cast all this before opponent is on top of me.

So the way I see atm summoners are very penalized at duels, with all those high damage builds around I can't see whats wrong in a summoner start the fight at least with his zombies and auras.

"
paulofdias wrote:
Returned to the game as a summoner in 1.0.0, and today I decided to give a try at pvp.
Well 3 things that made not want to try pvp ever again with a summoner at least if continues like this.

First - have to constantly recast auras (I guess this applies to all builds that use auras) this is annoying, most summoners run with 4 or 5 auras, by the time I finish casting auras my opponent is on top of me.

Second - all my minions are gone when I start a duel, so no zombies or spectral's, means I have no dps at all.
Spectral's are so important to add dps and tactic, sure I have bodies on the floor but really who use rhoas as spectral?!
So no access to the ones I normally use means I can't surprise my adversary with some strange combos.

Third - All my passives to have good zombies and spectral's are useless because running 10 zombies 3 spectral's 4 auras and arctic armor well is more than 15 secs of casting time, no way i'm gonna cast all this before opponent is on top of me.

So the way I see atm summoners are very penalized at duels, with all those high damage builds around I can't see whats wrong in a summoner start the fight at least with his zombies and auras.

I'll repost what I said in another thread recently.

"
I`d say summoners are "impossible to play" if you use a pve setup... ya of course. But if you specifically spec for pvp then they can be very powerful.

One problem right there is you're probably using 4+ links for your zombies/skeles. It's way too mana intensive. Put your skeles and zombies in a +2 helm with faster casting and fire pen, alongside minion stability. Add molten, bear traps and punishment curse and you're OP against melee.

The only aura you should need is clarity and maybe discipline if you can afford it. Also get as many cast speed passives on the tree as possible.

I went ES and never had a problem with having enough mana or getting my minions up in time unless it was a small map and I was rushed.

Ask anyone that's fought my Thriller or Maestrobrand summoners.
IGN: _Firebitch
Some random monster corpses in each arena, as well as persistent auras, guardians and specters would be good.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 5, 2013, 12:45:44 AM
"
paulofdias wrote:

Even if you instantly got your entire army and auras at the start of the match, summoners would still suck.

Minion AI and speed is simply too crappy to actually kill a good player. That's the toughest problem to fix.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 5, 2013, 5:13:11 AM
Summons will never be good as long Decoy Totem affects them.
This may have already been suggested, but make PVP one of the social tabs. Just like being able to create a party, let us make PVP rooms and allow us to adjust settings, game modes, rules, maps, rated/unrated, etc. This would make PVP much more dynamic.
"
ImYourRealDad wrote:
This may have already been suggested, but make PVP one of the social tabs. Just like being able to create a party, let us make PVP rooms and allow us to adjust settings, game modes, rules, maps, rated/unrated, etc. This would make PVP much more dynamic.

Brilliant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info