PVP Feedback

I for one think pvp is relatively balanced as it is. I've created over 50 pvp builds since open beta started (been pvp'ing here since it came out in closed beta), so I think I have somewhat a good idea of how the different builds counter one another.

Even bear traps I think are balanced since there has to be some way to take out high hp/es/block tanks. The qq'ers are usually one's that don't know the counters or want to be unkillable/immortal. :)

The biggest thing pvp needs I think is a draw. The pvp population has dramatically declined since the inception of open beta.

Something to keep people more interested, like a ladder, tournaments, and free for all pvp/"hostile button".
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Sep 3, 2013, 11:11:54 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
The biggest thing pvp needs I think is a draw. The pvp population has dramatically declined since the inception of open beta.

I'd agree this is a big issue.

I love looking at players PVP characters, they are doing some awesome interesting things. One of the drawbacks is the players committed to PVP can absolutely murder anyone else.

We do have some plans for this, but we need to have an initial draw to get a good sized PVP community, and then have a way to provide a way into PVP.

Good matchmaking is only part of the solution, as we still need to maintain a solid community in PVP to make it work.

We are considering making it so PVP is League independent, the Hardcore and Standard PVPers can play each other, and you can build PVP characters on new leagues without losing the existing community.

This. Would. Be. Phenomenal.

Yes, I don't PVP, but what you're saying already sounds super awesome and would tempt me to join in the fun. Must be a lot of work though. Good luck!
How about a permanent cut throat league? I've been gone for months, so I'm not sure if this has been touched on or not.

Arena PvP isn't really my thing, roaming around killing random players will have me hooked, though.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Firebrand76 wrote:

I'd agree this is a big issue.

I love looking at players PVP characters, they are doing some awesome interesting things. One of the drawbacks is the players committed to PVP can absolutely murder anyone else.

We do have some plans for this, but we need to have an initial draw to get a good sized PVP community, and then have a way to provide a way into PVP.

Good matchmaking is only part of the solution, as we still need to maintain a solid community in PVP to make it work.

We are considering making it so PVP is League independent, the Hardcore and Standard PVPers can play each other, and you can build PVP characters on new leagues without losing the existing community.

i would love to be able to pvp people in hardcore and it would be really interesting to see what kind of builds are popular. Also maybe even take it a step further and let us queue against other gateways. Currently im always switching between US and EU servers just to try and get matches(only had 1 pvp in singapore and never a match in Aus). As for a draw, maybe some microtransaction affects like footsteps or a helm that would change appearance depending on how many pvp matches you have had (1k, 2.5k, 5k, 10k etc.) im positive tons of people would join pvp right away if they knew they could get a badass looking cosmetic helm for free just for pvping.

another suggestion would be to put pvp vendors in all towns so you can either pvp anyone in any town in your difficulty, or you could put level restrictions on each town (for example in merciless act 1 lvl 59 and under, act 2 60-69, act 3 70+.) although this could limit the people who can pvp in a given range, it would also create more niche pvp settings just like there is in low level dueling right now.

And for all the people who want a hostile button, just like there is different types of parties, create a hostile party where you can do some FFA pvp and risk your experience (or your character in HC). maybe even allow people in the hostile instance to have sub-parties up to 3 members for some more variety.

oh yeah, make a PVP chat channel so i dont have to go to global to try and lure people into pvp.

As for pvp balance, the only really powerful skill i see that can be extremely OP is molten. if you dont want to reduce the damage of the spell at least add a cooldown around 5-10 seconds so you cant just repeatedly spam it over and over again. I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended as being a main damage skill.(Merciless)

But with more announcements showing some love for pvp i hope to see a surge of new players joining pvp to get a hang of it before 1.0.0.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Sep 11, 2013, 12:18:06 AM
FFS, open.pvp.nao.

The thing that people loved about D2 was being able to hostile and fuck someone up who stole your shit while questing. I think this is why FFA loot was so hated. You couldn't get your frustration out beyond chatting. If you could fuck someone up at least you could feel a little better. There was nothing better than spamming the hostile button in D2 or being on the receiving end and laughing as you ignored their attempts to fight.

I love the idea of PVP being it's own league, like tournaments and arena shit over there, all the official polished stuff but open pvp needs to happen.

As for getting interest back in PVP, basically just set up a race series type thing. Have different tournaments with a ranking system. As you move up the PVP ladder you have a chance for better rewards. Have low, medium and high ranked tournaments. Have a ton of the low rank ones, do the medium once or twice a day/week and do the high ranked ones once a week/month. Put the high ranked ones on twitch as like an esport, even raise the wage and have it HC style where the loser dies losing all the gear.

Also I think an orb side betting thing would be nice too. People either put up a wager on a normal PVP match or there's a buy in tournament type thing, payouts to the top people.

Lastly, get cutthroats going. Start experimenting with 24h, week and month cutthroat leagues now to see how they play out rather than waiting until release. If they crash and burn at least we know beforehand. I have yet to hear a bad thing about cutthroat events yet they are run rarely. Give the people what they want damn it!
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Qarl wrote:

Nice!
Please answer about the FFA PVP?

Will there be a hostile button....

lack of open PVP is the only thing that is preventing me from really playing this game....
I am sure I am one of many.

Please at least answer if such option will be available or will there be something similar that will allow players to PVP at will without arenas...

Without that I will sadly have to leave POE ....
"
York wrote:
Please answer about the FFA PVP?

There will be free for all modes (as well as at least one other mode for release) added to arena PVP.

"
Will there be a hostile button....

No, there will not be a hostile button in normal leagues.

"

lack of open PVP is the only thing that is preventing me from really playing this game....
I am sure I am one of many.

Please at least answer if such option will be available or will there be something similar that will allow players to PVP at will without arenas...

Without that I will sadly have to leave POE ....

There will be a Cut-throat league in some form, but possibly not by October. We still have issues we need to solve for long term Cut-throat.

FFA PVP modes as in temporarily leagues?

And long term cut throat as in permanent cut throat league?
Would it have a hardcore variation as well?

I was under impression that cut throat has been ruled out as impossible....

I would love a hardcore cut throat league!! Only hope is that it will have enough players in it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info