PVP Feedback

I believe there should be 4 pvp maps 1 for each realm.
In this map all servers hc/standard are connected but only to their own realm.

Everyone talks about an open world pvp.

why not have something a terrace map (giant size) with a little green box starting area, once u leave that area u can be targeted and lose invulnerability.
[Removed by Support]
"
Qarl wrote:
"
York wrote:
Please answer about the FFA PVP?

There will be free for all modes (as well as at least one other mode for release) added to arena PVP.

"
Will there be a hostile button....

No, there will not be a hostile button in normal leagues.

"

lack of open PVP is the only thing that is preventing me from really playing this game....
I am sure I am one of many.

Please at least answer if such option will be available or will there be something similar that will allow players to PVP at will without arenas...

Without that I will sadly have to leave POE ....

There will be a Cut-throat league in some form, but possibly not by October. We still have issues we need to solve for long term Cut-throat.

When that comes, I'm gonna play my ass off. Thanks for the answer, as long as it's within a reasonable time frame, I'm gonna come back for the next ladders and then play this.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
The biggest thing pvp needs I think is a draw. The pvp population has dramatically declined since the inception of open beta.

I'd agree this is a big issue.

I love looking at players PVP characters, they are doing some awesome interesting things. One of the drawbacks is the players committed to PVP can absolutely murder anyone else.

We do have some plans for this, but we need to have an initial draw to get a good sized PVP community, and then have a way to provide a way into PVP.

Good matchmaking is only part of the solution, as we still need to maintain a solid community in PVP to make it work.

We are considering making it so PVP is League independent, the Hardcore and Standard PVPers can play each other, and you can build PVP characters on new leagues without losing the existing community.

that would fix alot. I dont think it should be forced though. There should be different QUEUE to enter cross-league pvp arena. Or at least some way to measure your pure power in a chars individual league. There are obvious advantages for each league so it would be unfair for certain leagues if prizes and ladders were involved unless there was also a way to measure pure individual league position, meaning just purely 1 leagues population's top players.

Now I understand that separating and making all these queue's would separate the population. To fix this just implement 1 queue for cross-league 1v1 and 3v3 and leave all the other queue's the way they are for 1v1 and 3v3 single league.

Add ladder and rating, and maybe 2v2 and we are done. This is the reason COD and starcraft are so competitive, same with dota 2, and guild wars 2 just announced their pvp Esport series starting which waited for over a year to start and only recently started after a patch adding rating...

below also a suggestion for theoretical balanced matchmaking with ladders.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/511087
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Sep 5, 2013, 5:33:05 PM
what if theres 1 person from US gateway and 1 person from EU gateway, how would it determine which gateway to use?

[Removed by Support]
Bump for Empower. I dont pvp much anymore (pvp28) since I'm too busy on the alpha realm, but when people get maxed Empower, please give feedback about casters. I feel like this gem is the solution to many low level builds (Witch : Fireball, Freezing Pulse, etc., Ranger : Elemental hit, etc).
"
Hexaste wrote:
Bump for Empower. I dont pvp much anymore (pvp28) since I'm too busy on the alpha realm, but when people get maxed Empower, please give feedback about casters. I feel like this gem is the solution to many low level builds (Witch : Fireball, Freezing Pulse, etc., Ranger : Elemental hit, etc).

i kinda doubt that you will be able to use that gem at lvl 28 pvp since it takes 220m experience just to lvl up to one. although it would be a solution to low lvl dueling in high end pvp empowerment is going to break skills like molten/EK/freezing pulse/bear trap. +2 to a gem like (heavy strike/flicker/all melee skills) isnt nearly the same bonus that you get from +2 gems to ek/molten/fp
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Well this isn't a problem, you dont have to level your Empower with your level 28 :p
Also since melee is dominating in pvp28, I feel like this gem will allow more diversity in terms of builds.
Need to nerf energy shield rf low life molten ++ shavs builds. Their complete bull shit vs melee its not even an argument.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
Need to nerf energy shield rf low life molten ++ shavs builds. Their complete bull shit vs melee its not even an argument.

its pretty much unanimous that everyone knows that molten is extremely OP and easy to use, this is why so many people are abusing it in high end dueling lately. the only consistent counter to it is to have really high spell block aswell, which completely rules out any physical 2her builds. i say either remove it completely (has very little impact on pve anyways) or give it a long cooldown so people can't have it up permanently. As a physical melee with no spell block, molten is the biggest problem my build runs into since i have to break it before attacking every single time (most just cast another as soon as it breaks).

"
Hexaste wrote:
Well this isn't a problem, you dont have to level your Empower with your level 28 :p
Also since melee is dominating in pvp28, I feel like this gem will allow more diversity in terms of builds.

@Hexaste - well yeah you dont have to level your empowerment gem, but it also doesnt give any bonus at lvl 0. what i was sayin is that it will probably have a higher level requirement than 28 since by the time you get 220m xp for the gem you would normally be far past the level cap for LLD. but we wont know for sure until someone actually gets one lvled up.

Last edited by oowarpigoo on Sep 8, 2013, 9:58:40 PM
double post.

Last edited by oowarpigoo on Sep 8, 2013, 9:58:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type