What's the worst thing you did to people in Diablo 2?

While I'm not particularly proud of this, I had been recently scammed by the "Free Account Here" scam that was mentioned at the beginning of this thread. I had lost some items that were given to me from a friend who had since passed away and felt that justified me being an asshole back.

I somehow came across the macro executable that makes any player who opens it drop all of their inventory and equipped items on the ground and then leave the game, and started talking to one of the guys who I found in the game where I had originally gotten scammed. Evidently he had a few of the shitty low level unique items that had been taken from me.

I pretended I was a total noob, a female one at that. I sweet talked him into giving me some trivial item (pgems or something), in exchange for risque photos of me. I emailed him the executable renamed as some female name (Jennifer I think?).

I'm surprised he didn't notice it was an obvious scam and proceeded to open it thinking he was about to see some boobs or something. After I saw the screen start raining items, and he was booted from the game, I gathered a few of the items I recognized were mine, and also ended up with a backpack full of pretty good charms and jewelry.

While I had a sense of "justice" in that he had been part of a scam on me...I was still surprised and somewhat ashamed of the lengths I went to in order to get some shitty uniques back on a video game. Damn conscience getting in the way of my pixelated treasures.

TL:DR scammed a scammer with fake nudes and somehow still felt bad about it...I would be a horrible criminal
I loved going around finding people muling and stealing their shit.

Did many many shako scams. Rush 4 forge scams ect..When you get so powerful in that game sometimes the only thing fun left to do is grief others.
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
I pretty much did things solo in Diablo 2. Never even bothered playing on bnet until they came up with ladder-only stuff. I remember trying to trade once for some high runes, they had poofed by the next time I logged on, and I never traded again.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 3, 2013, 12:34:33 PM
I never did anything rude to anyone in the game. Like hosteling them and killing them.
Treat people the same way you would like to be treated.

stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
Told people that if they wrote "/dnd (password)" they would get 4000% MF. Then I typed "/whois *(account)" and I could see the password they wrote. Most of the time it was the right pass and I stole their gear and deleted their chars afterwards.

Sometimes I made new chars on their account and called them something like "HAHA_OWNED".

Best times <3
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
I leeched public groups.
I was young and needed the stuff...
I scammed a guy with a fake enigma one time. He put 6 HRs in the window and clicked accept awfully freaking quick. But he got a white chest instead!!! Rofl, owned!!!

Nobody ever got me with a swap scam because I caught someone red handed trying to do it once, then from there after I'd always look at the item before I traded. Several dickheads tried to get me, but I couldn't hate too much because I would have done it to them if I had the chance. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Also, I scammed a noob out of an eternal orb in PoE. Also scammed another one out of a Dream Fragments. Traded me a Dream Fragments for a bright beak war hammer, lol!!!
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 4, 2013, 12:42:20 PM
Is there an auto loot setting?

I replied, "yes alt+f4."
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I used to play D2 offline but one day I decided to try out multiplayer and joined in on battle.net. I played a little bit of solo just to get the feel of the lag and then joined a group appropiate for my level.
As it turned out there was only one other player. I greeted him in a cool but cheerful way ("Hi! This is so awesome! Where are you from?") only to get no reply whatsoever.
Suspecting my team-mate is not able to speak English I then started to kill everything in sight and as per my SP playstyle pick up all what dropped. Every goddamned 1-2 gold and whatnot.
I soon lost sight of my team-mate who just kept on running onward without muttering a single word.
So after 5 minutes or so I left without saying goodbye. Serves him right.

Last edited by Jojas on Sep 5, 2013, 4:28:22 AM
"
Jojas wrote:
I used to play D2 offline but one day I decided to try out multiplayer and joined in on battle.net. I played a little bit of solo just to get the feel of the lag and then joined a group appropiate for my level.
As it turned out there was only one other player. I greeted him in a cool but cheerful way ("Hi! This is so awesome! Where are you from?") only to get no reply whatsoever.
Suspecting my team-mate is not able to speak English I then started to kill everything in sight and as per my SP playstyle pick up all what dropped. Every goddamned 1-2 gold and whatnot.
I soon lost sight of my team-mate who just kept on running onward without muttering a single word.
So after 5 minutes or so I left without saying goodbye. Serves him right.

You are a horrible person dude! By far the worst!
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info