Blue Screen of Death with some sound cards

"
Hyron wrote:
Simply add "--softwareaudio" in the path line of shortcut. fixed the problem for me in the early beta and now in the released game.

How do you do this with Steam? Looking at the Exe. it has no shortcut tab, so not sure how to edit the path line now.
"
the_shaft78 wrote:
"
Hyron wrote:
Simply add "--softwareaudio" in the path line of shortcut. fixed the problem for me in the early beta and now in the released game.

How do you do this with Steam? Looking at the Exe. it has no shortcut tab, so not sure how to edit the path line now.

You could probably do it with the launch options under properties
"
the_shaft78 wrote:
"
Hyron wrote:

Goto gamedir and shortcut the PathOfExileSteam.exe to your desktop.
Registry fix worked fine for me until release, got a BSOD within 10 minutes of playing on the Steam version, so I'm gonna assume the registry fix isn't a fix anymore, and things have gotten worse.
"
Hyron wrote:
"
the_shaft78 wrote:
"
Hyron wrote:

This didn't work, in the shortcut created by steam there is still no way to change the path line. Trying to figure out the launch options in steam...
For now I cant play the steam version and had to reinstall the original version off the site. :(
Last edited by the_shaft78 on Oct 24, 2013, 1:09:44 AM
"
the_shaft78 wrote:
"
Hyron wrote:
"
the_shaft78 wrote:

This didn't work, in the shortcut created by steam there is still no way to change the path line. Trying to figure out the launch options in steam...
For now I cant play the steam version and had to reinstall the original version off the site. :(

You can add launch parameters to a steam game by doing the following:

Go to your game library and right click on Path of Exile
Select the Properties option
In the pop up click the "Set Launch Options" button
In the text box in the new pop up put "--softwareaudio"

I tested this with the "--nosound" option and it worked like a charm so it should work just fine for the "--softwareaudio" option
Confirmed that fixed it, thank you vigorator. :D
thanks, excellent work-around for this sound card.
ign: DundlerodTheThird (Tempest)

shop: 1349656
The fix can only temporarily fix the BSOD.

After playing around 20-30 minutes, BSOD will appear.
"
WSQ wrote:
The fix can only temporarily fix the BSOD.

After playing around 20-30 minutes, BSOD will appear.

If you're still getting BSOD, then chances are, it's not your sound card but something else.

Can you look at the error codes in the BSOD and see what they're related to?

You can use a program called BlueScreenView to look at prior BSOD errors. Get the results from that for the most recent BSODs and post the information and details surrounding your crash into a NEW thread. We can assist you with that error then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info