Blue Screen of Death with some sound cards

Using the steam version of poe,done the steps but the "-swa" option doesnt disable my sound and i still crash =/ some help pls ?
“I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything."
"
Shaknor wrote:
Using the steam version of poe,done the steps but the "-swa" option doesnt disable my sound and i still crash =/ some help pls ?

-swa is not supposed to disable your sound, it puts it through the mobo's onboard sound components rather than using the dedicated card.

If you were still seeing BSOD's after using the -swa command line/launch perameter then it's probably not sound card related but driver/os/componant related

You could try --nosound as well to rule out audio completly
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 25, 2015, 8:19:51 AM
Blue screen of death or bug error make your computer inaccessible. This is the really frustrating situation for any user when they came across blue screen of death. I was very annoyed when I found this error on my PC, not being a technical guy I was unable to fix the issue thanks to my friend she recommended me to use a tool. Thanks to Reimage Repair Tool it not only helped me to fix the BSoD error but it even helped me to fix windows error, freezing error, system crash issues and many more.
"
Rory wrote:
d3f1anc3, make sure you've got two - marks before software audio, like --softwareaudio. It shouldn't be possible to get a BSOD while this command is in place!

Hello Rory,

I keep getting blue screens just when the login appears. Sometimes the game just lags and then it crashes and sometimes its a blue screen. My graphic card is a ATI Saphire 270 series.

Do you know what can i do to be able to play?

Thanks in advance.
I have a solution for all nvidia card that crash only in path of exile. And that work 100%!!! No need to disable the sound or use software sound (those solution just make the game crash least)But it's pain in the *** to do. You have to roll back to realy old driver. The 314.22 in fact. And you have to edit the inf in the installation files so the driver can be intall with your card. That worked in windows 7 and still work in windows 10. But in windows 10 you have to add a new windows in the inf too , block windows update from updating nvidia driver and install the driver true a special session of windows where you can install unsign driver.

1-you can google 314.22 nvidia driver
2-here how you mode the nv_dispi.inf file http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=377158

if you need those driver for windows 10 juste (if you don't find it I can sare mine)
3-boot in the special mode that will allow you to install unsign driver http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-do-i-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-win/a53ec7ca-bdd3-4f39-a3af-3bd92336d248?auth=1
4-if that don't work change all ntamd64.6.1 to ntamd64.6.3 (or ntamd64.6.4 ...not sure)in the inf file. I'm not sur that a necessary step...
5-you need to block the nvidia update from windows and fast because it will overwrite your work.
If you getting the blue screen error while playing any audio, then, in that case, you have to take out the card and then again place in on the motherboard. If the problem still exists then, in that case, it can be recovered with the help of PC Repair Suite software, using this tool; you can easily fix the blue screen error while playing the audio or video file.
Just something I thought I'd mention. I'm using a Focusrite Solo external audio interface.
I've just applied this command and thus far it has seemed to have solved my BSOD issue entirely.

So whilst it may not be an internal sound card.... an audio interface can also cause this same issue.

"
Drakoni wrote:
Just something I thought I'd mention. I'm using a Focusrite Solo external audio interface.
I've just applied this command and thus far it has seemed to have solved my BSOD issue entirely.

So whilst it may not be an internal sound card.... an audio interface can also cause this same issue.

Dude, don't necro..the sound card thing hasn't been an issue for quite a while now, if it is for you then you need to start your own thread as it is 99.9999999% a totally different issue
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info