Blue Screen of Death with some sound cards

From the recent update i get constant crashes and blue screens --softwareaudio worked then this update broke it
x-fi fatal1ty here

already 2 bsod :( (i have bought the key today).

i'll try the --nosound option.
Last edited by idontlikesmurfs on Dec 12, 2012, 8:17:08 PM
so with --nosound in the starting option it doesnt crash anymore :p
Three BSOD crashes today. I just downloaded this like 24h a go so I don't know what it's all about. I have Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic. Going to try that --softwareaudio option. Will report if it continues to crash.
No more crashes after i added --softwareaudio. Thanks.
still blue sreening even with no sound.
i have all kinda pc crashes, blue screens with restart
black screen and nothing happens
graphic glitches (can see only glitter on screen -_-)

this happens in most cases when i enter a new map

i tried --softwareaudio and --nosound and both didn't work :(
so i am not able to play right now :/

i had this already before the last patch, but it was really rare... now it happens every 5 min :(
can't play at all like that :/
does BSOD apply to the computer or is there a BSOD within the game... my desktop is sitting in best buy due to a BSOD error...
We'll investigate these regressions and see if we can find the cause. We may need more information, as the --software audio command does seem to still be working for many people. Exact sound card versions, and any information your BSOD spits out would help.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Dec 28, 2012, 3:23:52 PM
I can confirm as an Audigy 2 ZS owner that such BSODs happen, however here is a thing to be noted of, many soundcards are EOL meaning they won't get new drivers. Example, my card's final drivers are
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series driver 2.18.0017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info