Holy Flame Totem

It does indeed, thx. :)
correct me if i'm wrong but fire totem build deals 11k dps on papper withouth including inc spell damage multiplyer.

45(average base with empower and less dmg) *5(projectiles)*10(casts/s)*2.47(flamability+fire pen+elemental weakness)*2(totem count)=11k

Setup is simple flame totem +empower+faster pro+faster casting+gmp+fire pen.

WIth low life and spell damage multiplyers

90*1.4*1.698*5*10*2.47*2=52k

With searing touch
52.75*1.6*5*10*2.47*2=20k

with good wands (200% inc 40 % speed)
45*1.8*5*12*2.47*2=24k

As you can see you can reach optimal 20k dps but by sacrificing party dps(curses), with 6l and a lot of micro. You gain survivability by staying away from battle but no regen maps will screw you.
Don't bother with Flame Totem, it simply suck. I have a level 87 templar, I have all elemental damage and totem passives, I linked it to every possible gem that has effect on it and it does 2k DPS. And more it dies really fast even with 20Q gem. And more you can't recover health with life leech like melee chars do.

So what you end up is a 2K DPS, no life leech, and the suckest lvl 90 character you can have, even lvl 65 spectral throw scion would do 10k DPS and have better survivability due to life leech.

So don't do my mistake, don't even think on creating flame totem character, its waste of time. Maximum what you will get is a char that can do 66 maps, when it reaches lvl 90. Trust me it's not easy for me to write that I have possibly the suckest lvl 87 character in the world -)

This game is mostly broken, there are only 5-10 builds that can do lvl 78 maps, most of them are melee.
Flametotem + GMP + faster projectiles + knockback = casters best friend.
Stand next to it and be untouchable for melee mobs.
does the mana on hit from thief's torment unique ring, gain mana for character or is it like life leech where it gains it for totem?
doing 3600 dps with lvl 78 witch with 5 link searing touch, 5 link infernal mantle (second "loot totem" with item r/q/culling strike) and maligaro's virtuosity gloves....some mobs does get crashed like in blink of eye but yeah....this build is not for maps (maybe easy ones).
what really suck is that totem die really easy and most hated enemy (by me) are arc bitches for sure.....they kill totem in sec from long distance and there is nothing you can do about it but cast new totem (if you have mana lol).

there is really good skill (forget the name) in ranger tree but it is way too far to go....it do projectile speed and dmg if i remember right...

btw, why is that all totems skills so far from witch start ? i did try to run templar but his dps suck as hell (half dmg that witch can do) ?? is that on purpose ??

edit; did some respec and now i get 3744 dps (took 3x8% projectile dmg from shadow tree)..

if you want dmg don't go for ele dmg nodes, go for cast speed
Last edited by Splico on Feb 16, 2014, 7:03:42 AM
Can anyone explain in detail which passive skills improve the damage with Flame Totems?

On PoE Wiki they say nothing. Only about Searing Bond Totem they say +Burning, +Fire and +Elemental damage would increase the damage output.

I see different builds using different passives to increase the damage.

Can anyone tell me the exact mechanics? What boosts the Flame Totem damage?

"
Leanfear wrote:
What boosts the Flame Totem damage?

spell dmg, cast speed, projectile damage, totem dmg, fire dmg.
IGN: Aqur
What about Elemental Damage?
Elemental Damage - yes
Elemental damage with weapon - no
IGN: Aqur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info