Holy Flame Totem

Unavailable
Unavailable

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Stacey_GGG on Mar 13, 2019, 8:42:44 PM
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2023, 11:25:21 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Islidox wrote:
Faster casting apparently doesn't affect the speed it takes to cast the totem itself

It should, and if it doesn't it's a bug.
It does. (it also affects the speed at which the totem casts the spell).
"
pneuma wrote:
There've been problems with cast speed and totem summoning speed in the past.
Yes, but in my defence, at least it still affected it - it was just in reverse (slowed the casting rather than speeding it up) :P
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 22, 2012, 9:36:40 PM
it has no chance to crit
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
it has no chance to crit

Does this mean it can never crit, or that it has no inherent chance to crit? Can the 5-10% additional chance to crit from Critical Weakness still cause critical hits?
Good Question! The skill can never have crit chance itself (applying % increases to 0 will get you nowhere), but yes, the additional chance to receive crits from critical weakness will apply.
No, "Never Crit" does not allow any crits to occur, including this stat. That's different from having no base crit chance.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 30, 2012, 7:21:16 PM
"
Lionguild wrote:
A few of supports still work on flame totem but are not listed in the tooltip, though you can still see the little sqaure icon on the skill.
Which ones?
It's not intended, but the system to handle listing all the possible support stats on in all the possible combinations, and using different descriptions based on what kind of skill (added lightning damage for example has to be described differently on a skill which deals damage directly to one which summons a minion that has that damage added), is by necessity, quite complicated, and it can be easy to have one overlooked, especially if other things change and the description files don't also get updated at the same time.
Any time you see a support not adding a description to the skill popup and you think it should, please let me know - I may not be able to get onto them quickly depending how much other work I have to to, but I will note them all down and get them fixed up when I can.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 9, 2012, 10:26:45 PM
Thanks for the info. I've noted them down for once open beta work is out of the way.
thanks very much! I'll add those to the list. looks like flame totem is missing a set of modifier groups that should apply to it.
"
Amaraethus wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Of note; Auras do not affect Totems. However, they use Skills with your stats, and since you cast faster with Haste, so do they. This is a pretty great thing, because it means you don't have to be anywhere close to your Totem to have it benefit from the Aura :)

I see this stated everywhere, yet the wiki contradicts this. I'm assuming the wiki is out of date then? Can anyone confirm/deny?

"
Since the totem is an ally, it will be affected by any auras projected by the player or by allies of the player, including auras from dominated or converted enemies. Similarly, any auras projected by the totem will affect all of the player's allies, including minions and party members.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Totem
That's not out of date, it's just wrong. Totems are not, and never have been, affected by auras. This is because many auras would make no sense on totems, as they don't use their own stats to back skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info