Self-Found (League) [Thread outdated!]

1 Orb of Transmutation -> 4 Scrolls of Wisdom
1 Portal Scroll -> 1 Scroll of Wisdom
Problem solved.

The concept of anyone actually trading for Wisdoms in bulk puzzles me to no end. It's hard for me to believe that anyone is that stupid.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
ATTENTION - NEW VENDOR RECIPES FOR THE STANDARD AND HARDCORE LEAGUES!!!

3 UNIQUES = 1 CHAOS ORB

15 RANDOM GEMS = 1 GCP

MAKE IT HAPPEN GGG

Also implement Account Bound MF so people can play self-found on standard league (with improved orb drop rates and what not)

See?

How hard is it to suggest SUGGESTIONS to actually try to improve the game???
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Last edited by tobes111 on Sep 13, 2013, 5:40:20 AM
"
Novalisk wrote:
Unless you're a GGG employee, you know very little about that system and its limitations. And even if it was easy to implement a new league, there are still a lot of design considerations.

Unfortunately, you appear to be clutching at straws now.

"
Novalisk wrote:
Look at it this way: You have 1000 chance orbs on the self-found league. You can choose to get a powerful build or a less powerful build for the same amount of chance orbs.

You have 500 chance orbs on a league with trading. You can choose to get a powerful build for 500 chance orbs or a less powerful build for 100 chance orbs.

As far as efficiency is concerned, the choice is apparent with self-found, while with trading it isn't.

It's not possible to choose anything with certainty in this game.

"
Novalisk wrote:
You're speaking for a lot of people. Not everyone who wants SFL would dislike trading if it was actually fun.

I think you've missed a very important point about self-found.

"
Novalisk wrote:
Cookie cutter builds tend to me more expensive than niche builds. This will not be the case with SFL.

Actually, you're right. Most builds of this type will probably be impossible under SFL.
"
Novalisk wrote:
"
Qarak wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:

In other words, trading right now isn't very good. Give GGG a chance to fix it before you demand a league without it.

Ok you have no idea what we're talking about then, good job

Don't assume that just because people dislike trading as it is right now, they would also dislike it when it is fixed.

The people wanting a SFL don't care how good, easy or hard the trading is...

It isn't wanted SFL = No Trading
Last edited by Jaknet on Sep 13, 2013, 6:10:39 AM
"
Kellog wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:
Unless you're a GGG employee, you know very little about that system and its limitations. And even if it was easy to implement a new league, there are still a lot of design considerations.

Unfortunately, you appear to be clutching at straws now.

And you're relying on an assumption.

"
Kellog wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:
Look at it this way: You have 1000 chance orbs on the self-found league. You can choose to get a powerful build or a less powerful build for the same amount of chance orbs.

You have 500 chance orbs on a league with trading. You can choose to get a powerful build for 500 chance orbs or a less powerful build for 100 chance orbs.

As far as efficiency is concerned, the choice is apparent with self-found, while with trading it isn't.

It's not possible to choose anything with certainty in this game.

Red herring. Investment required is relative to build popularity when trading is part of the picture. Without it, investment is the same regardless of popularity. Result = More popular builds being played, less niche builds being explored.

"
Kellog wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:
You're speaking for a lot of people. Not everyone who wants SFL would dislike trading if it was actually fun.

I think you've missed a very important point about self-found.

Look, I understand some people will not like trading no matter what. But don't assume all SFL supporters are like that.

"
Kellog wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:
Cookie cutter builds tend to me more expensive than niche builds. This will not be the case with SFL.

Actually, you're right. Most builds of this type will probably be impossible under SFL.

Definitely not impossible. Unlikely? Depending on the drop-rates. If GGG buffs drop-rates to levels comparable to trading, then it will be more than possible.
Last edited by Novalisk on Sep 13, 2013, 6:35:22 AM
"
Novalisk wrote:

And neither are you a GGG employee so you cannot say what GGG can or cannot do, or what they intend to do or not do.

They have stated time and time again that extra paid leagues will be part of the game, so it's pointless for you to keep posting claiming there is only ever going to be 2 leagues which are to replace the current onslaught and anarchy.
"
Jaknet wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:

And neither are you a GGG employee so you cannot say what GGG can or cannot do, or what they intend to do or not do.

I am not saying that GGG cannot implement SFL, nor am I saying what they intend to do or not do. Take your heat someplace else.

"
Jaknet wrote:
They have stated time and time again that extra paid leagues will be part of the game

They didn't state when, and there haven't been any talks about it for a while.

"
So it's pointless for you to keep posting claiming there is only ever going to be 2 leagues which are to replace the current onslaught and anarchy.

I did not claim there are only ever going to be 2 leagues to replace onslaught/anarchy. Just that GGG have never shown interest in adding another league on top of those, apart from player-made leagues.
"
Novalisk wrote:
And you're relying on an assumption.;

Actually, no. I'm working from logic based on comments from the man in charge.

"
Novalisk wrote:
Red herring. Investment required is relative to build popularity when trading is part of the picture. Without it, investment is the same regardless of popularity. Result = More popular builds being played, less niche builds being explored.

A build can only be played if the items necessary to facilitate the build are available. When Playing self-found, a given item may never be drop, regardless of time invested. With trading, if the item doesn't drop one may still acquire the item.

"
Novalisk wrote:
Look, I understand some people will not like trading no matter what. But don't assume all SFL supporters are like that.

You're still missing the point.

"
Novalisk wrote:
Definitely not impossible. Unlikely? Depending on the drop-rates. If GGG buffs drop-rates to levels comparable to trading, then it will be more than possible.

Not impossible, but a lot less likely than in a trade league.
Your sample size for actual selection (lol) in trading vs self found is many orders of magnitude larger due to the player base.

Basically, you can expect something like items * players * reasonable constant (factoring time, efficiency and some more obscure things) vs items * 1.

Good luck trying to approach that in SFL.
"
Kellog wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:
And you're relying on an assumption.

Actually, no. I'm working from logic based on comments from the man in charge.

It's still an assumption. Neither you nor I have enough details in order to determine how easy it would be to create and maintain SFL.

"
Kellog wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:

A build can only be played if the items necessary to facilitate the build are available. When Playing self-found, a given item may never be drop, regardless of time invested. With trading, if the item doesn't drop one may still acquire the item.

"
Kellog wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:

Not impossible, but a lot less likely than in a trade league.

To make things clear, I'm talking about build-enabling uniques. If chance orb drop rate isn't increased in SFL, then a lot of interesting builds will be locked off for players. If chance orb drop rate is increased, then the best builds may become common sight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info