Self-Found (League) [Thread outdated!]

Nova: please refrain from posting in this thread again
i like this game. i mean have you seen how powerful is the barbarian
"
Qarak wrote:
Nova: please refrain from posting in this thread again

Heaven forbid we have actual discussion about the topic instead of constant bumping.
I don't know why there is a debate about if its bad that you can't easily get build enabling uniques in a SFL. Don't you guys get it? The point is that you play the game and actually feel excitement for finding something you like. Easy to get uniques like facebreakers in a trading enabled league are all of the sudden a huge find in a SFL. Its an accomplishment to get them because the only way to get them is to find them.

It is not a problem that you can't instantly get what you want, thats the beauty of it. People like to FIND their gear. If they don't want to wait to find it then they can play standard.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
The point is that you play the game and actually feel excitement for finding something you like. Easy to get uniques like facebreakers in a trading enabled league are all of the sudden a huge find in a SFL. Its an accomplishment to get them because the only way to get them is to find them.

It is not a problem that you can't instantly get what you want, thats the beauty of it. People like to FIND their gear. If they don't want to wait to find it then they can play standard.
You can enjoy the game in precisely this way right now. Do you really need a hard block on trading to resist the impulse?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
iamstryker wrote:

You say that now. But when a cool diamond unique is released, and you want it on your self-found character, good luck with that.

And you can't "instantly get what you want" in other leagues.
"
Novalisk wrote:

Of course you can, as long as you have the currency its yours.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Do you really need a hard block on trading to resist the impulse?

Only because the drop rates are based around trading which makes self found really really unappealing.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Sep 13, 2013, 10:07:58 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:

Of course you can, as long as you have the currency its yours.

You still have to barter for it, and you still have to play the game in order to afford it. Doesn't really fit my definition of "instantly".
"
Novalisk wrote:

You say that now. But when a cool diamond unique is released, and you want it on your self-found character, good luck with that.

LOL
So basically you know what I want?
Cool
i like this game. i mean have you seen how powerful is the barbarian
"
Qarak wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:

LOL
So basically you know what I want?
Cool

Playing around with uniques is very fun for me, and the same goes for a lot of other players. What makes you sure all SFL supporters don't care for it?
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Do you really need a hard block on trading to resist the impulse?
Only because the drop rates are based around trading which makes self found really really unappealing.
1) This at least partially undermines your point that self-finding something is a great accomplishment. If you were able to achieve this due to higher drop rates, it diminishes the accomplishment.

2) Drop rates are not balanced around trading; they're balanced around high IIQ and IIR.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info