Self-Found (League) [Thread outdated!]

deleted
Last edited by Rataraxia on May 27, 2017, 8:43:33 AM
self found league would impact negatively the game by splitting even more the community.

Bad idea ever.
IGN TylordRampage
Not even interested in self found, but Q's responses let me know all I need to know about the direction of the game.

Essentially, if you are a casual player and aspire to have the same gear or be able to do the same builds/items as a streemer or no lifer, don't even bother, because they don't care to make a game where everyone can achieve the same goals.

They expect casuals to continue to play just so they can get moderately better, and never in the same league gear wise. That's pretty f'd up.

Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
"
sempuken wrote:
self-found would fix absolutely nothing.

but,,, here is a free bump.
NO RMT in SFL

+1 to sfl
"
jna wrote:
"
sempuken wrote:
self-found would fix absolutely nothing.

but,,, here is a free bump.

I think there is nothing to "fix" in that regard. A self found league would just add more options of gameplay. It could be something as simple as: no trade allowed or a very limited trade and to compensate, a little better drops for currency. That way, crafting would become more interesting for the self found ppl. So instead of mass trading, you can go mass farming and don't need to care much about the economy.

Imo, it would be nice to have an option like this, so +1 SF.

That sounds cool to me. I would deffo play that league. BUT... how would you stop people trading? Make items undroppable outside towns?

I love the idea in principle, tho I dont hold any hope for it coming to fruition...
not much hope, but perhaps only a fools hope...

I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks

So if you had this league you would never be able to drop items on the ground (or you could never party up with people, one of the two). Sounds not too terribly awesome.
I'm interested in seeing what "Decent 2.0" is going to be. I'm hoping a month+ long league with adjusted levels and additional endless ledge/felshrine/forest/ruins etc side areas.

They already have self found leagues in the form of races. They just need to make the formats have longer terms than one week.

IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
Most builds in the game simply cannot work at the later parts of merciless and maps without trading.

Good gear in this game rarely drops and unless you are crafting with item level 65+ you could spend 10 chaos orbs and end up with nothing but vendor trash.

In a self-found league the only way for a fresh player to get high resistences in merciless would be if every single one of them played a marauder/templar with purity, a kite shield, and the 'resist all when holding a shield nodes'. Acquiring enough chaos resist to not randomly die to a pack of magic vipers+desync combo would be entirly about luck. You could play solo self-found from 1-60 and never find a good piece of chaos resist gear.

Good weapons would be so uncommon that spells would almost always out-dps archery and melee. Melee and archery (2/3 of the gems) would be luxery builds for rich players
Just came back to poe recently, and i mainly left because trying to trade killed every desire to play the game, it was such a chore, and ah may have worked but honestly i don't like ah that much either, yes it's a lot more convenient maybe too much so, and i prefer ah if trading is part of the game but usually just like to play self found, without sharing items among my characters, and once i finish the game i just drop the character because any more level or gear only makes it easier.

I don't think there is any need to start a new league for it, just ticking a box at character creation screen to adjust any changes solo self found character may need, or even just self found with permanent item allocation. What it may or may not need were already discussed and people know better than me, i didn't feel that pressured into trading until like act2 merciless.
"
NotRegret wrote:
Most builds in the game simply cannot work at the later parts of merciless and maps without trading.

Good gear in this game rarely drops and unless you are crafting with item level 65+ you could spend 10 chaos orbs and end up with nothing but vendor trash.

In a self-found league the only way for a fresh player to get high resistences in merciless would be if every single one of them played a marauder/templar with purity, a kite shield, and the 'resist all when holding a shield nodes'. Acquiring enough chaos resist to not randomly die to a pack of magic vipers+desync combo would be entirly about luck. You could play solo self-found from 1-60 and never find a good piece of chaos resist gear.

Good weapons would be so uncommon that spells would almost always out-dps archery and melee. Melee and archery (2/3 of the gems) would be luxery builds for rich players

Gonna be honest, I agree with this guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info