@GGG: linking items in chat

Just adding my +1 to this, really annoying when your chat window pops up over the item you want to link...

Also, custiomizable keybinds should be a standard option in the future of the game. That way everybody is happy.
The really annoying thing with only linking when chat is open is that I always press I to open inventory. Do that then alt link for an automatic chat link. Now I open chat and if say the stash is open or something the chat frame covers the inventory and makes it really annoying to link any item that is covered by it.
Last edited by Sir_LogiC on Sep 19, 2012, 11:04:50 AM
"
SonicSonedit wrote:
"
Alt-clicking an item now only links the item in chat if the chat window is open. This is because people hold alt to display sockets.
It was hard enough to link item in chat if you open ANY other window except inventory (stats, stash, etc) because char overlays items and you can't click them. And now THIS!? How the hell am I supposed to link items from my stash!? And now I can't link items when checking my stats! This is VERY, VERY bad.
I really hope GGG will fix thw situation in next patch! It would be nice if items were still clickable when chat is active.

Ya, I agree it is frustrating now.

I propose an alternate solution to the one GGG implemented this last patch:
Use shift+click to link items in chat whether the chat has focus or not.
"
randomguy wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We'll likely change linking to Ctrl+Alt+Click soon. I argued against this and lost.

or maybe Ctrl+Alt+Del?

Splendid idea! Brilliant!
"
Rory wrote:
The Alt change was made because I was getting a lot of reports saying people were linking items whenever they tried to equip items - We were just trying this out, to see if it was any better! Please let us know if you have a better solution, or bindings you'd prefer.

Why don't you guys just make the chat window click-thru-able so that we can link items that are sitting behind the window?
IGN Suojata
Can't you just change the show sockets bind to space? That way we can revert item linking to work without the chat window open.
Starting from scratch in open beta.
I've always opened chat first anyways... gotta make sure it's in the right chat mode after all.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Updated 1st post with your suggestions guys!
well they put in a fix to this issue

I'm curious why they chose to do a 3 button combo hotkey over a 2 button one that just wasn't being used yet.
How about adding some other keys rather than alt+ctrl?

This is a PC game after all.
FFA loot = Single Player Game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info