@GGG: linking items in chat

i agree way more annoying now
Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go.
The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.
I would consider making the shortcut for chat links Ctrl+click again and replacing the stash and vendor transitions with simple right click; it is possible to use right clicks in town without side effects.

Edit: ...actually it is not. Well, Bad idea.
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Sep 18, 2012, 6:25:53 PM
Is there any situation where hitting Enter followed by Alt Clicking doesn't work? Or is the issue that it's just an unnecessary key press?

Edit: Ah, just read wxyjac's post, he explains the problem well.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Sep 18, 2012, 6:34:02 PM
"
Rory wrote:
The Alt change was made because I was getting a lot of reports saying people were linking items whenever they tried to equip items - We were just trying this out, to see if it was any better! Please let us know if you have a better solution, or bindings you'd prefer.

right click equips could solve that and streamline character sheet stat checks at the same time.

alt + left click = link to chat
alt + right click = equip (assuming you use alt to show sockets, it could just as easily be right click)
Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go.
The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.
Last edited by Chrono89 on Sep 18, 2012, 6:51:25 PM
"
Rory wrote:
Is there any situation where hitting Enter followed by Alt Clicking doesn't work? Or is the issue that it's just an unnecessary key press?

Edit: Ah, just read wxyjac's post, he explains the problem well.

~/` to show sockets, alt to link items. Rebindable preferably.
We'll likely change linking to Ctrl+Alt+Click soon. I argued against this and lost.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
That's 1 key too many. Anything wrong with making the item linking bind alt+right click then?
Starting from scratch in open beta.
I hate to be that guy, but I don't have this problem, I didn't notice the change even, guess I'm just used to opening chat then linking.

What I consider a problem is the chat over inventory when I have stash/stats open...

On another note, I'm one of the guys who likes the key-for-showing-sockets feature, I think it is great and it was in my list of suggestions.
I rebound the show items/sockets to the 'f' key, so much easier if your fingers are in position to hit 1-5 and q-y, alt click was out of the way for linking so I only did it for linking. That said, wherever you move it to will be easy for me to adjust to as it was out of my way to hit alt-click anyway.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
Chris wrote:
We'll likely change linking to Ctrl+Alt+Click soon. I argued against this and lost.

or maybe Ctrl+Alt+Del?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info