@GGG: linking items in chat

Ctrl+Alt+Click? Srsly? I thought it was a joke. That's sad.
Last edited by SonicSonedit on Sep 22, 2012, 12:33:39 PM
"
bluefirefox wrote:

On another note, I'm one of the guys who likes the key-for-showing-sockets feature, I think it is great and it was in my list of suggestions.

I like it too. In fact only a few days before the implemented that change, I was playing PoE and thinking: "I really wish I could keep the sockets hidden in inventory and press a key if I need to see them. This way I could actually see the item art the rest of the time."

And then like 3 days later they patched in that feature. :D
"
SonicSonedit wrote:

It's only one more button press. It's not like you have to do it in combat, only when you are sitting in town selling stuff. I don't see how it's such a big deal?
Sometimes I link stuff in combat when playing in group. Usually stuff I find and offer to my mate or to show off. So I would prefer one key shortcut now but I'm slowly getting used to ctr+alt. I believe it will become just as good as any shortcut.
✠ ✠
"
Axebane wrote:
"
SonicSonedit wrote:

It's only one more button press. It's not like you have to do it in combat, only when you are sitting in town selling stuff. I don't see how it's such a big deal?
Well, Ctrl+Alt+Del is just one more button press either. So what's the big deal?
"
Axebane wrote:
"
SonicSonedit wrote:

The wrong thing is that is a PC game and we have alot of keys.

They didn't play torchlight 2 and see how easy key biding or how is there no key overlap.

Who the hell thought about this idiotic idea?
FFA loot = Single Player Game
"
Axebane wrote:
"
SonicSonedit wrote:

you can't look at it like "oh it's just ctrl+alt+click"; for something like this you have to look at the big picture, which is:

ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click
ctrl+alt+click

ad infinitum...

so if you think that's annoying to look at, imagine how annoying it will get to be when you are actually DOING it.

granted anything used this much will get tiresome and there's not really a good way to avoid that - it's the nature of the game; but, you can cut down on it more than this is currently..

for ex: take 100 uses of this hotkey combo. that's 200 buttons and 100 clicks for a total of 300 actions

now if you cut down even 1 button from that combo, you get 200 total actions. that is a 100 action reduction or 33% easier

there is no reason we can't have a 2 button combo (which is a good compromise between 3 or more and just 1)

for ex: shift+click. I don't think this is being used for anything atm or even shift+rclick

you know what? better yet, just let us choose the modifier and/or action in the key config for ourselves! ding problem solved. everyone's happy :)
Last edited by Darkfyre on Sep 25, 2012, 4:26:29 PM
Well, at least it reduces amount of traders in chat. But I still hope link hotkey will be fixed.
Whoever thought ctrl+alt+click was a good idea...
I don't even understand how this could possibly even go through your mind...
You know what'll be really great,

When we have trade-linkable stash tabs so we don't have to link 500 things in global.

When the web trade interface is up and it doesnt matter what the link hotkey is, because well, I'd rather use one of the two much better ways to trade.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info