Minion classes ruin the game for me

I just kick/dont party with summoners.

Ever.
I'm not gonna hate on summoners but there is a problem with visibility when grouping with other players. Summoners just happen to be getting picked on here. Its all the flashy/bulky skills that are causing the problems. For example I was in a group with just two other people, a summoner or some sort and what I think was a templar spell caster, it was too confusing to be sure, and while yes all the summoned monsters were confusing and had me attacking nothing all the time I was being just as confused by the totems being dropped by the templar that spewed out waves of magic attacks and his aoe attacks that covered half the screen in blue flashes. All of that going off constantly on top of my own poison clouds and the curses we were all dropping and trying to watch all the loot that was dropping (cause we all know in a group you HAVE to have show loot on) and I was one confused little dude. Luckily I have a fairly fast computer and internet as I was surprised I didnt lag out.

I checked my menus hoping there was some kind of option for spell effects so I could turn them down and turn off the seizure show but alas found none. Perhaps GGG could see fit to added something like that so that we can simplify whats happening on screen in large groups.
a menu option to simply hide summons would be great for non-summoners, same with turning off spell effects for lowspec computers.

It might look a lil weird having monsters attacking thin air though.
Last edited by Asmosis on Sep 19, 2012, 2:15:24 AM
"
Asmosis wrote:
It might look a lil weird having monsters attacking thin air though.

I think a solution to that would be in the suggested low spec option turn all summoned monsters into shadows. So they would still be there, but just be a translucent shape of a monster that couldn't be targeted.
"
Xendran wrote:

Ever.

Whats your in game characters so i can add you to my list of people not to group with.

So if someone was a ranger and started summoning you would kick them.

You are tarring everyone with the same brush. Every class can be a summoner so you could have a pretty limited experience if you kick and boot everyone.
Its a game if you dont like it fine but let us know who you are so we can avoid issues with you rather than simply being booted if we are grouped with you.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
"
Stretch163 wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:

Ever.

Whats your in game characters so i can add you to my list of people not to group with.

So if someone was a ranger and started summoning you would kick them.

You are tarring everyone with the same brush. Every class can be a summoner so you could have a pretty limited experience if you kick and boot everyone.
Its a game if you dont like it fine but let us know who you are so we can avoid issues with you rather than simply being booted if we are grouped with you.

Considering i only do private HC parties, the chances of you being grouped with me is slim. I've only met maybe one or two summoners, and i just left the map and waited until they had to leave.

Nice try with attempting to portray me as some sort of badguy for not wanting to deal with a clusterfuck of minions and effects everywhere, by the way. It didn't work all that well, but props for effort.
I would love if minions could not be targeted. That is all.
When playing my summoner, I am always considerate and tell potential party members that I am one. Then I never hear from them again...
“I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while.”

― Charles Fort
"
Xendran wrote:

Ever.

Yuuup, fuck that shit. I don't need someone flooding my screen with dozens of minions, it's utterly boring and infuriating.
IGN: Yeph
"
cGramma wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
Ever.
Yuuup, fuck that shit. I don't need someone flooding my screen with dozens of minions, it's utterly boring and infuriating.

Fuck both of you.

Plus, summoners live with auras and curses that benefits you too, and I doubt enemies get past them to hit you, so they are a bigger help than you in a party, assholes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info