Minion classes ruin the game for me

I think I speak for other people that have grouped with summoners here, they make grouping with them not fun at all.

My screen is constantly cluttered with multiple zombies, skeletons, and whatever other abominations they make. Quiet frankly, I now leave groups because of the constant confusion on screen. It's very hard to tell who is friend or foe, they do nothing but really just get in the way.

GGG really needs to limit the amount of pets a class can have, it's ridiculous that someone can summon 20+ pets and ruin a game for others.
Oh it already got limited. It was possible to summon several times as many.

You can always be grouped, but go in different directions. That's way more efficient than following eachother. Actually, unless you run multiple auras or builds that are specifically meant to work together, it doesn't matter if you move around together. Third point is that the game doesn't get much harder if you're alone in a multiple-person area, unless you're playing some kind of extreme glass cannon type that is able to one-shot everything alone, but not in a group setting.
"
rflynn74 wrote:
It's very hard to tell who is friend or foe, they do nothing but really just get in the way.

GGG is gonna fix this soon in the up-coming patches(PvP one I think).
Sweeping Maid
"
nzrock wrote:
"
rflynn74 wrote:
It's very hard to tell who is friend or foe, they do nothing but really just get in the way.

I just feel there are too many pets in game. It's way to hard to manage on screen.
"
nzrock wrote:
"
rflynn74 wrote:

I started leveling a witch with two of my friends and just sort of fell into a summoner witch build without having planned it. One of them loved it because it made bosses super easy and prevented their death often, the other hated it because he always thought my minions were enemies.
"
VivaEmptiness wrote:
"
nzrock wrote:
"
rflynn74 wrote:

I started leveling a witch with two of my friends and just sort of fell into a summoner witch build without having planned it. One of them loved it because it made bosses super easy and prevented their death often, the other hated it because he always thought my minions were enemies.

As for their power level I have seen builds steamroll through maps. Especially now that minions got buffed.... I just could do without the spam.
I love playing with summoner players because then I can MF safer. I think all of their minions just need to be a lot more transparent (like the minimum transparency of the map) and a different hue.
Starting from scratch in open beta.
"
rflynn74 wrote:
I think I speak for other people that have grouped with summoners here, they make grouping with them not fun at all.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but my main partner in crime plays a summoner witch for every single event. skeles, zombies, specters, LMP ice spear, LMP freezing pulse. Basically the screen is completely cluttered and there's so many animations happening at all times that I can't even see what's going on.

On one hand, it's a gigantic pain. I still have to spam my curses just to find enemy targets, even after the reduction in number of summons.

On the other hand, I can re-link my skills for max dps, and I don't have to worry about defense. I get to just stand behind the wall of zombies and DPS. Pretty fun!

When Bird is with me in a map, I'm safe and we can faceroll. When I'm solo? I have to lure mobs a few at a time, play twitchy, keep my defensive curse rolling, run TWO defensive auras.

I'd say despite the problems, it's still very desirable to have a summoner with you.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Sep 17, 2012, 12:52:15 PM
"
Winenose wrote:
You can always be grouped, but go in different directions.

This would only be viable if they fixed the loot timing so you didn't lose everything valuable to FFA because you were clearing another area. Or did I hopefully miss where they made loot personal or extended the timer to 10-20 mins instead of a few seconds?
"
Thermight wrote:
"
Winenose wrote:
You can always be grouped, but go in different directions.

This would only be viable if they fixed the loot timing so you didn't lose everything valuable to FFA because you were clearing another area. Or did I hopefully miss where they made loot personal or extended the timer to 10-20 mins instead of a few seconds?

Instanced ppl always find a way to put their whines everywhere dont u?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info