Minion classes ruin the game for me

Speaking as a ranger / melee'er, I hate when summoners spam minions like it's going out of style. Honestly, what is the point of summoning 12 skeletons, along with your 6+ zombies.. for 3-5 mobs? Really?

Not too mention due to the (non-existent) graphic options, it makes scenes extremely cpu + graphic intense. It also has a downside of crashing the game client as well. This goes for not just summoners, but anyone that uses abilities that have particle effects.

Now, speaking as an oddball spec of pure summon + curse witch; when I group with target-based dps'ers, I feel REALLY bad, and when I don't summon, it makes it seem like I'm just leeching kills, since I'm not really doing anything but following them, and putting up 2 curses on targets. What sucks is that how I have my skeletons arranged (they're tied into totem), I don't even have the option of only summoning what is needed. Not that I would change this mechanic.....

It is truly a no-win situation at the moment.

How should summons be changed? There are some good ideas floating around, and to add my 2 bytes into it:

- Create options in the graphics tab for "low quality" summons.
- Add options to limit the amount of particle effects shown on screen.
- Reduce the size of skeletons and make them unique models
- Add armor to zombies. The armor type should be based on the level / class of the mob that the zombie is created from.
- Add options in the General tab to enable targeting of player based summons

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info