[1.2.x] AlfaPOWA's Dualstriker - Update under construction. TBA

"
Kinai wrote:
I found this awesome build, so I made a duelist. Now I'm lvl 27 on act 2, but I have some problems... I have okay DPS but I'm running out of mana very quickly, even if I have 4% mana leech. I have no problems with my HP when I can spam my dual strike (dual strike + melee splash + life gain on hit) but my mana hinders me. I'm running Hatred.

What I probaly need is better dps to get more mana leech, but where can I find good gear? I almost never find anything good.

as i have said before, manaproblems must be countered with two manapots with the mod "faster charge recovery".
This is to make sure that when you kill mobs fast you can pot fast, you have to get up to 7-8K+ before the manaleech start becoming selfsufficient.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Isnt melee splash enough?Does it really need multistrike?
Last edited by Dziz on Nov 1, 2013, 5:48:36 AM
"
Dziz wrote:

Multistrike is an extremely good skill, it allows you to hit mobs all around you with splash wich in reality makes the aoe bigger(since you turn around hitting more mobs, and not just in one direction) and also multiplies your attackspeed greatly!

if this where an infernal blow build with increased aoe size then maybe the multi would be unecesary.

But if you want to cut down your dps/clearingspeed be my guest =)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Nov 1, 2013, 9:04:10 AM
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
LostBearz wrote:
I use this build, but I have hard time. I often get 1 hit or bursted to death and I keep running out of mana.. 49 duelist Merciless.

Have you gotten vaal pact already? then don't, deselect it and get the 2 iferegen nodes instead, and slot in life on hit until you get better gear.
BTW, have you got 2% or more manaleech? if not, GET IT! then use two manapots with faster charge recovery, this will keep you going until you reach high enough damage to sustain leech with just 2% manaleech.

check my shop for 2% manaleech gear if you need some.

Don't have vaal pact yet since you suggested it around 13k DPS; currently have under 2k. I got 4% manaleech aswell, but I need to use 3 manapots. No idea what is really wrong, equipment is decent aswell. I like this build, but its just not fun getting few hitted. :/

Last edited by LostBearz on Nov 1, 2013, 10:00:19 AM
"
LostBearz wrote:
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
LostBearz wrote:
I use this build, but I have hard time. I often get 1 hit or bursted to death and I keep running out of mana.. 49 duelist Merciless.

Have you gotten vaal pact already? then don't, deselect it and get the 2 iferegen nodes instead, and slot in life on hit until you get better gear.
BTW, have you got 2% or more manaleech? if not, GET IT! then use two manapots with faster charge recovery, this will keep you going until you reach high enough damage to sustain leech with just 2% manaleech.

check my shop for 2% manaleech gear if you need some.

Don't have vaal pact yet since you suggested it around 13k DPS; currently have under 2k. I got 4% manaleech aswell, but I need to use 3 manapots. No idea what is really wrong, equipment is decent aswell. I like this build, but its just not fun getting few hitted. :/

post your gear and defensive stats pls. i think that it might be that your resistances aren't maxed out.. in act3 cruel, and merciless you'll get eaten alive without full resistances. That is a fact for almost all melee builds!
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop

"

post your gear and defensive stats pls. i think that it might be that your resistances aren't maxed out.. in act3 cruel, and merciless you'll get eaten alive without full resistances. That is a fact for almost all melee builds!

I am in Act 1 Merciless and I do agree my Resistances are not high, I think around 20-40%, but I cannot find good Resistance gear... I haven't had a problem in any other char with resistances but this. Damn. How do I post my gear?

"
LostBearz wrote:

"

I am in Act 1 Merciless and I do agree my Resistances are not high, I think around 20-40%, but I cannot find good Resistance gear... I haven't had a problem in any other char with resistances but this. Damn. How do I post my gear?

after pushing the reply button, click on your characters image in the upper left corner, then just click on the pieces of gear you have equiped to paste them into the post =)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
Dziz wrote:

Multistrike is an extremely good skill, it allows you to hit mobs all around you with splash wich in reality makes the aoe bigger(since you turn around hitting more mobs, and not just in one direction) and also multiplies your attackspeed greatly!

if this where an infernal blow build with increased aoe size then maybe the multi would be unecesary.

Im curious on how much is the limit for life leech on the character screen?
Also im going with ur build and its nice for now.I have only melee splash attached.Im thinking if u put multistrike u really get an atk speed boost but high damage penalty (not dps)1 hit dmg i mean.So would it mean that u will get less heals because of LL is % based?
I heard that LL is caped at 20% and in ur build u took 3 passives that give 4% and wearing 2 claws each giving 8% kinda 2 passives free for more life or something else?
"
Dziz wrote:
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
Dziz wrote:

Im curious on how much is the limit for life leech on the character screen?
Also im going with ur build and its nice for now.I have only melee splash attached.Im thinking if u put multistrike u really get an atk speed boost but high damage penalty (not dps)1 hit dmg i mean.So would it mean that u will get less heals because of LL is % based?
I heard that LL is caped at 20% and in ur build u took 3 passives that give 4% and wearing 2 claws each giving 8% kinda 2 passives free for more life or something else?

LL if much more advanced than that.

If under normal circumstances you can only get 20% of your own maximum life leeched/sec.
Let's make an example:

you have 10K phys dps.
you have 2K health.
To reach the 20% cap with leech in this case you need to leech more than 2000/5=400 life/sec.
with 10% leech you leech 10000*0,1=1000 life/sec. that's 2,5 times the leechcap!

This would normally mean that you can't leech more than 400 life/sec unless you A, increase maximum life.
B remove the leech cap(aka. get vaal pact)

Now WITH vaal pact you make the same damage.
10000*0,1= 1000 life leeched/sec since you don't have the 20% life/sec limit anymore.
The downside is that you can't liferegen without leech, nor use lifepotions.

The leech only gets better the more you got/the more damage you do(physical unless you slot in leech support gem in links)

Remember, the leech don't count leech/hit, it's leech/sec. so big hits don't leech more life/sec than alot of small hits if it's the same dps.

Hope this helps
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
"
LL if much more advanced than that.
If under normal circumstances you can only get 20% of your own maximum life leeched/sec.
Let's make an example:

you have 10K phys dps.
you have 2K health.
To reach the 20% cap with leech in this case you need to leech more than 2000/5=400 life/sec.
with 10% leech you leech 10000*0,1=1000 life/sec. that's 2,5 times the leechcap!

This would normally mean that you can't leech more than 400 life/sec unless you A, increase maximum life.
B remove the leech cap(aka. get vaal pact)

Now WITH vaal pact you make the same damage.
10000*0,1= 1000 life leeched/sec since you don't have the 20% life/sec limit anymore.
The downside is that you can't liferegen without leech, nor use lifepotions.

The leech only gets better the more you got/the more damage you do(physical unless you slot in leech support gem in links)

Remember, the leech don't count leech/hit, it's leech/sec. so big hits don't leech more life/sec than alot of small hits if it's the same dps.

Hope this helps

Yes this helps man.
I was thinking the cap was 20% so i guessed 2x 8% LL from claws and 1 Passive up north would be fine so i did this

But i guess im gonna use multistrike and stricly ur passive build or could this one i tweaked from u work too?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info