[1.2.x] AlfaPOWA's Dualstriker - Update under construction. TBA

Great build, I've been having a lot of fun with it. Considering as far as melee I've only played 2h melee since closed beta and this build has made my first experience with a dual wielding character great. Not used to seeing leech be this effective at saving me.

Farmed up gear and currency to spend for this guy and I'm level 72 after 3 days and haven't run into any issues yet

Looking forward to attempting lvl 73 + maps with this char after gaining several more levels. I hope he doesn't fall off in end game.
IGN: BBQ_Ribs
Last edited by Alpralozam on Dec 6, 2013, 8:49:48 PM
I have a question about this build. Been playing with my Duelist alot, and it's a really fun build. But.. I seem to have manaproblems. If I have both Grace and Hatred on, which is the idea, my mana wont regen fast enough for my Dual Strike. I often find myself in situations where I have to wait ~½ second for my mana to leech/regen when fighting big groups. My Dual Strike does about 15k dps, so I don't really know what's wrong. I have 2% manaleech, do I need more than that?

Also, I don't know how the hell you guys get the character-screens dps that damn high, because mine is at 2,2k dps, and my gear is far from bad.
Last edited by Snobollskrieg on Dec 8, 2013, 3:49:37 PM
I am running a clarity lvl 6 on blood magic to fix my mana problems.
Also having a lot of Mana Regen on equip helps a lot.
2% Mana Leech is like the minimum. You should have like 3-4%.
Or you better skill into Mana Flows.
IGN: Qwib_Cleave [Delve League SC]
Sorry for double post.

What I wanted to ask, would the Death Oath Astral Plate, work with this build?
IGN: Qwib_Cleave [Delve League SC]
Noobie here, loving the DS build so far, playing in infernal, and since this isn't a build for HC I'm trying to modify it somewhat. I'm level 38 and I've followed the passive tree pretty closely up until Aspect of the panther. What I'm wondering is whether I could go this route instead of taking more damage.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABLEVIBhNGbQaVRrbG_oj9iXfKk0s6TGeMgk1kjrhPydKfUrITGBN404qU99W-ljbWkhbr185YEthIWSjZU1ngGegapNsFmxGbmluqnJsdO14SXrvg3yD24TZhO-HdojxkAqVZpkrm4OkGaZXqAepbqxZtfK2Qb2BvqfAD8qQznHSTdXt3Q3d4-dj7g7v8PJF_Ev8xf4K_o8=

Also, another question. Should I stack eva so my +%eva nodes stack, then IR applies, then the +%ar nodes stack? Does it work that way?

And the final question for now. I only have DS/MS and hatred right now since my gear is terrible. How quickly and in what order should I get CWDT + immortal call + enduring cry and more aura's (grace, maybe haste?) + reduced mana?

Woops, one more. I hate the exploding rares. Best way to deal with them? I'm thinking bear trap.
At what DPS should I be thinking about picking up vaal pact? I just need to grab the last raker skill to have 21% life leech, but I'm only at 5k DPS (all physical since I'm not using hatred or added fire damage yet) and I'm not sure if that's enough to be able to survive without flasks and life regen.

Also, when I am ready to switch to vaal pact, is that the time to drop life gain on hit for added fire damage? I only have a 5L, so right now I have to choose between the two and life gain is too good to pass up. I'm hoping once I have vaal pact I won't need it anymore, but I'm not sure about that.

Last edited by Josh88 on Dec 26, 2013, 9:41:48 AM
Support for this build has been discontinued.
Since i no longer play the character. The build in itself is still solid and works very well for the people who wants to run it thou.

I chatted with another player who more or less maxed out the build with gear, he hit just below 5K health and 67K aoe dps, resulting in an insane killingspeed =)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
I'm now selling my claws wich gave me 40K dps for this very build.
Price is 5 exalted each, or both for 9 exalted!

IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Lowered price on the claw left, 4 exalted, with 2 slots left to roll!
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info