[1.2.x] AlfaPOWA's Dualstriker - Update under construction. TBA

"
くりす wrote:
"
alfaPOWA wrote:

So i unspecced the Three small evasion/Life nodes South of ranger start and picked up the "Mana Geyser" Keystone North of Ranger start.

I can't find the Tree small evasion/Life nodes... did you update your skill trees? Is it for the near end game tree?

Thanks.

Since i hadn't taken the last two evasion nodes towards ranger start, it was 3 nodes for me, if u got all five nodes at ranger start i suggest only taking away the three first nodes, 18%eva+6%eva/4%life+6%eva/4%life.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Could Bloodseeker be used for this build? would save a few points from Vaal Pact at the cost of some dps
"
ddeng92 wrote:
Could Bloodseeker be used for this build? would save a few points from Vaal Pact at the cost of some dps

If you're making a cheap variation of this build then yes, maybe.
Thou when looking at the damage of the weapon you realise that it's under half the maximum attainable damage from a good rolled claw. That is bad!(lifeleech is an percent of damage, so more damage = more leech)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
when i get this right, i should take only claws with maxed phys dmg and without elemental dmg?
And when do you suggest to take Vaal Pact? I'm lvl 66 right now, and experimenting with Blood Magic gem, since i don't want to go oom when using dualstrike. Do you just handle the mana issue with potions, or is your mana regen that high, that it suffices in combination with your manaleech?
Also would you suggest to run some of the auras on Blood Magic? For Example a lvl 6 or lvl 8 Clarity Aura? That should not hurt much and fix any Mana Problems, shouldn't it?
"
Maverick1st wrote:
when i get this right, i should take only claws with maxed phys dmg and without elemental dmg?
And when do you suggest to take Vaal Pact? I'm lvl 66 right now, and experimenting with Blood Magic gem, since i don't want to go oom when using dualstrike. Do you just handle the mana issue with potions, or is your mana regen that high, that it suffices in combination with your manaleech?
Also would you suggest to run some of the auras on Blood Magic? For Example a lvl 6 or lvl 8 Clarity Aura? That should not hurt much and fix any Mana Problems, shouldn't it?

I took Vaal Pact after 2 of the Soul Raker nodes which added +15% life leech.

i already have 11% life leech right now doing a physical dmg of 503-1388 per hit at a Attack speed of 5.89 Attacks/second.

But the thing is not to take vaal pact too early i think. What bothers me are maps with chaos damage per second. Since you cannot regenerate life and cannot use flasks, you have to either boost your chaos resistance, or keep killing mobs, which could be very annoying on those maps.
What kind of strategy do you suggest for those maps? should i just reroll them?

Btw, i just tested using clarity on Blood Magig Gem. I have Clarity on lvl 6 with blood magic on lvl 8 which means i reserve 361 life for clarity. Of course this will be reduced later, when blood magic levels up, but right now i feel very comfortable with it, since i never run oom and can use the flask slots for other flasks than mana.
Be it either to push my resistances or armor, or to quaff a life flask if need be.
This of course requires a gear with quite a lot mana regen.
Right now my mana regen is at 11.5 mana/sec without clarity and at 25.5 with clarity.
Additional to that i have 2% manaleech from physical attacks adding up to this, so with this build i never have to worry for mana, be it either using cyclone for aoe dmg, or dualstrike for single targets.

Drawback of this is, that it uses a few more slots for gems, but since i don't have any CwDT Gems left to use right now, its not that much of a drawback :).

So, if anyone of you hase mana issues while leveling to lets say lvl 75, this seems to be a quite safe way to do this.

Current life with clarity on BM is 2.5k life :)
Last edited by Maverick1st on Dec 4, 2013, 7:15:08 PM
"
Maverick1st wrote:
i already have 11% life leech right now doing a physical dmg of 503-1388 per hit at a Attack speed of 5.89 Attacks/second.

But the thing is not to take vaal pact too early i think. What bothers me are maps with chaos damage per second. Since you cannot regenerate life and cannot use flasks, you have to either boost your chaos resistance, or keep killing mobs, which could be very annoying on those maps.
What kind of strategy do you suggest for those maps? should i just reroll them?

Btw, i just tested using clarity on Blood Magig Gem. I have Clarity on lvl 6 with blood magic on lvl 8 which means i reserve 361 life for clarity. Of course this will be reduced later, when blood magic levels up, but right now i feel very comfortable with it, since i never run oom and can use the flask slots for other flasks than mana.
Be it either to push my resistances or armor, or to quaff a life flask if need be.
This of course requires a gear with quite a lot mana regen.
Right now my mana regen is at 11.5 mana/sec without clarity and at 25.5 with clarity.
Additional to that i have 2% manaleech from physical attacks adding up to this, so with this build i never have to worry for mana, be it either using cyclone for aoe dmg, or dualstrike for single targets.

Drawback of this is, that it uses a few more slots for gems, but since i don't have any CwDT Gems left to use right now, its not that much of a drawback :).

So, if anyone of you hase mana issues while leveling to lets say lvl 75, this seems to be a quite safe way to do this.

Current life with clarity on BM is 2.5k life :)

the chaosdamage from maps is laughable, even the highest chaos roll on them will make you live for 1,5minute +. That give you plenty of time to move to the next target and even identify in between :)

Edit: i have made an link to my new build based on a scion at the bottom of the first post.
This build is more defensive, and meant to be played at any mapmods and all the way up to lvl 100 as it's pretty tough.
I'm expecting about half dps of the duelist. but that's plenty anyway =)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Dec 5, 2013, 3:35:20 AM
Hi,

I'm a beginner in PoE and I'm trying to follow builds but it's really hard to know wich nodes to get in the good order...

What would be the path to get your build right ?
For example at Master of the Arena do you go on the left side to get the life nodes or do you go on Iron Reflexes the sooner possible ?

Thanks in advance for the answer !
"
Zish56 wrote:
Hi,

I'm a beginner in PoE and I'm trying to follow builds but it's really hard to know wich nodes to get in the good order...

What would be the path to get your build right ?
For example at Master of the Arena do you go on the left side to get the life nodes or do you go on Iron Reflexes the sooner possible ?

Thanks in advance for the answer !

Last edited by くりす on Dec 5, 2013, 9:18:21 PM
Been following this build and love it. Just picked up Abyssus for 4 exalted and it helped a lot. I have a noobish question. Can Molten Shell kill you. I ran a map and when I died a few times it stated I committed suicide. Now life isn't that bad in PoE that I would willingly do that lol.

I am running CODT--Molten Shell--Immortal Call--Decoy Totem. The Decoy Totem is there because I have no Increased Duration currently. The mobs weren't reflect either. I think it's possible that I am not understanding how Molten Shell works fully but reading the tooltip it doesn't seem that it would hurt me.

Any help is appreciated. This noob needs to not commit suicide anymore!

EDIT -- Nevermind lol. I feel so stupid. One map mod was mobs reflect 18% physical damage. It just looked like Molten Shell was doing it hahahahahah. Lesson learned.
Last edited by ThorTheGray on Dec 6, 2013, 1:08:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info