ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Can i use LMP when i meet phys. reflect maps and deal with it like ranged base character? only 3 projectiles is too low for me :D
Also, if i dont have BoR, can i use combination like this?
Last edited by ptica on Aug 29, 2014, 12:09:47 AM
Currently lvl 85, loving the build. 60k DPS with Bino's and around 80k with Power Charges and Atziri Flask, without several dmg nodes taken yet. Damage is very noticeable especially at melee mode, bosses die in a few secs(being shocked/frozen). Can't wait to get a better dagger to have even more deeps.

Also, I'm thinking on respec my bandits, they actually are Oak / Kraitlyn / Point (it was originally a buzzsaw). Though I'm not sure if 40% life is worthwhile, I have now 3555. Ah, and I'd like to know as well what is better to take at Shadow start, if phys or speed. I chosen phys, hope I done right.

I'm also very intrigued for your next LS build, since I can't figure out a better one than this in general terms ; )

That's all I think, cheers!
Last edited by tinx9 on Aug 29, 2014, 3:28:27 AM
"
ptica wrote:
Can i use LMP when i meet phys. reflect maps and deal with it like ranged base character? only 3 projectiles is too low for me :D

Hi, yes you can if you want to do that for reflect - but I would definitely not make it a main gem you use. If you are having trouble with AOE I recommend you use Poacher's Mark curse to get to 100% pierce chance, or grab some pierce nodes. You may also want to try PPAD gem. Problem with LMP is that you take up a slot for a gem that only helps your AOE but does nothing for your single target, it also reduces damage of each projectile..

I have trouble myself on double reflect maps (like from Zana) that have both elemental and physical reflect - what I do now is I always carry a plain white dagger that I can swap in to use to lower my DPS against reflect, and then I have no problems.

"
ptica wrote:

Tempest Shield is OK to use, but Anvil is not that great - it gives no spell block, no evasion, and heavily reduces your movement speed - which is not good because this build relies on good positioning and fast movement. Stone of Lazhwar is the best to use and they are very very cheap! You will see that spells are the weakness of this build so having high spell dodge and high spell block is important when you get towards end-game maps.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 29, 2014, 7:45:50 AM
"
Currently lvl 85, loving the build. 60k DPS with Bino's and around 80k with Power Charges and Atziri Flask, without several dmg nodes taken yet. Damage is very noticeable especially at melee mode, bosses die in a few secs(being shocked/frozen). Can't wait to get a better dagger to have even more deeps.

Also, I'm thinking on respec my bandits, they actually are Oak / Kraitlyn / Point (it was originally a buzzsaw). Though I'm not sure if 40% life is worthwhile, I have now 3555. Ah, and I'd like to know as well what is better to take at Shadow start, if phys or speed. I chosen phys, hope I done right.

I'm also very intrigued for your next LS build, since I can't figure out a better one than this in general terms ; )

That's all I think, cheers!

Hi! Thanks for trying the build. Oak with +40 life will give about 40 x 2.2 = ~88 life. It depends on whether you really like the life or not. Ideally I would like my life to be just over 4K, and once I finish crafting my gloves I expect to reach 4K.

Shadow start better to go phys damage - it increases both your physical and your light.

Thanks for the interest! Agreed that this life build cant' really get any better except if I can figure out a way to have the build use Atziri gloves, Blood Rage comfortably for instant life leech - but that would involve either getting chaos resistance or running Vitality or using flasks to sustain Blood Rage, I would have to go back and redo the strength requirement on my belt as well because Atziri gloves give no strength which we need in this build.

New build will probably be CI so I can get a lot of ES - it will focus on freezing with shocks from Lightning Strike so I can drop a lot of defenses and just rely on my freeze and leech. Sometimes I run Palace maps with my friend with this life evasion build and I can ALMOST permanently freeze both Dominus forms - so we can do a lot of hard mods that were challenging before and we never skip bosses now. With the CI build I will increase the damage and get some freeze nodes so that I can permanently freeze all bosses in the game except those that "cannot be frozen" like Atziri - being able to freeze is the best because bosses can't do anything to you while frozen ofc xD. I will also have more "HP" with ES to survive any big one-shots. Hoping to get around 7K+ ES. Dont think it will end up much stronger as this build because even with 8K ES you can struggle without any evasion/block / MoM / instant leech from Acuities.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 29, 2014, 8:24:19 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
what about if i want to use a 6l chest? how much would it affect the build? thanks...

this is the chest im thinking about using:

and helm:

also is it possible to use abyssus? thank u again

Bringer of Rain is key piece of this build.

BofR gives more damage (20-30 phys damage, which is very good), good amount of life, BLIND, BLOCK.

Blind is a key piece of this build.

6L Chest: relatively more expensive but can get better resistances, and can get higher evasion

Bringer of Rain is the best item for this build. If you want you should compare an end-game 6L evasion chest vs Bringer of Rain in terms of cost - even a legacy Bringer is cheaper than an end-game 6L evasion chest which can go for 50ex+ depending on how good the rolls for the chest are.

If you don't have BLIND and have lower block you will definitely feel it. Your survivability will be much lower and you will be taking much more damage.

If you CAN'T use BofR - I outline different ways to get blind, but you will be lower on block because BofR gives 15% block - which is A LOT.

Also, this is an evasion build so it is much preferable to use evasion gear for your helm.

yup , i understood the moment i started using bor c:

thank u for the reply
Doing some more optimizing on the build. I realized Arcing Blows does not actually give that MUCH damage and it ONLY affects my lightning about +200 light damage. I can put those 3 points into phys damage which would affect my phys, cold, AND light.

Trying to test a combination of different nodes for those 3 points. Attack speed, accuracy, phys damage etc., will post the updated tree when I'm done. Also working on a way to run Acuities + Blood Rage on this build and I am getting close.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 29, 2014, 8:09:46 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
ptica wrote:

Hi, yes you can if you want to do that for reflect - but I would definitely not make it a main gem you use. If you are having trouble with AOE I recommend you use Poacher's Mark curse to get to 100% pierce chance, or grab some pierce nodes. You may also want to try PPAD gem. Problem with LMP is that you take up a slot for a gem that only helps your AOE but does nothing for your single target, it also reduces damage of each projectile..

I have trouble myself on double reflect maps (like from Zana) that have both elemental and physical reflect - what I do now is I always carry a plain white dagger that I can swap in to use to lower my DPS against reflect, and then I have no problems.

"
ptica wrote:

Tempest Shield is OK to use, but Anvil is not that great - it gives no spell block, no evasion, and heavily reduces your movement speed - which is not good because this build relies on good positioning and fast movement. Stone of Lazhwar is the best to use and they are very very cheap! You will see that spells are the weakness of this build so having high spell dodge and high spell block is important when you get towards end-game maps.

Thank you for feedback
New tree. Took out Aspect of the Panther ndoes for Flaying nodes, then took of Arcing Blow and put back into Aspect of the Panther

I tried other things as well

- putting the 3 points into the shadow phys damage at start will give you higher phys damage, but lower dps because Aspect of Panther has 14% attack speed with 16% phys damage

- Arcing Blows ofc will give the most lightning damage, but less cold and phys. It increases lightning by about 100-200 damage per hit, but I can put those points into phys to get more phys and cold

- I also tried Forces of Nature for the elemental damage increases which gives high cold and high lightning, but the attack speed from Aspect of Panther is too good too pass up.

Atziri Acuity + Blood Rage

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT REQUIRED FOR THE BUILD. Only for those wanting to push build to the max.
Spoiler
Much much easier to sustain Blood Rage because the flasks have been buffed and we get Herbalism node. We dont even need Vitality aura, so you can keep Purity of Elements. I tried different life flasks and had to go down all the way to a Giant Life Flask on 20% quality to perfectly sustain BR on 4K life and -60% chaos res in equilibrium.

It gives me almost zero net degen/regen (has very very slow regen). This is perfect because if your flask is too fast (i..e hallowed or divine flask) you will immediately top up to full life, the flask will expire, and then blood rage will continue to degen. If you keep trying to sustain BR with a flask that is too fast then you will run out of flask uses pretty quickly.

Perfect is to get an equilibrium so your flask gives you zero degen for its full 8 seconds. You can tailor the flask to meet your character specific regen depending on your life HP and chaos res by chosing a different flask, or adjusting the quality.

If you want, you will need to carry a faster flask for any maps that have higher degen than usual (i.e. lower regen mod) which you can swap in to use.

So preferred flask is Giant Life Flask on 20% quality with recharge on dealing critical strike.

Hope this helps! I won't add this to the guide right now, but feel free to PM me if you would like more details.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 30, 2014, 12:20:36 AM
This is my current build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EsQW1CC4OSBGWFr8ZjhutHoEi6iP2JJ0mlSoLLOEwcTB8MgE2PTpCPeJHBkjuS3hLjUxgTZJRR1INVUtb913yYeJiWmKsbIxwUnBWcNV4rn11feN_K4nTjAuMNo19jb-QG5VmmhObJpuNnaqjiqZ_pzSsZrGzshm0xbVIt9O5Prl8wJzC7M96037UI9aK18vYdto929TdqOOE6NbssO1B7YPz6vb8_rr_HA==

Stats:
http://imgur.com/cXOSIkM,kJnSX1P#0

Currently on about 5.2k DPS with LS. Got crest of perandus meginords girdle and using a 4L chest for LS+MS+FA+AA.

Running CWDT gems and Hatred\purity aura. Perhaps this setup can run 3 auras with a 4L (red mana + hatred + purity + ash)?

At level 69 i got my atziri boots and i need to get some better rings\gloves so i can drop my necklace for Lazhwar.

Questions:
I do get 1 shotted a few times, thinking of going for the lower life nodes cluster (thick skin) but that will take me 3 dex nodes. Should i go there or focus on more dps?

In which order should i get my next dmg nodes? Flaying \ Fencing \ From the shadows \ Heartseeker?
Last edited by foojin on Aug 30, 2014, 11:57:49 AM
"
foojin wrote:
This is my current build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EsQW1CC4OSBGWFr8ZjhutHoEi6iP2JJ0mlSoLLOEwcTB8MgE2PTpCPeJHBkjuS3hLjUxgTZJRR1INVUtb913yYeJiWmKsbIxwUnBWcNV4rn11feN_K4nTjAuMNo19jb-QG5VmmhObJpuNnaqjiqZ_pzSsZrGzshm0xbVIt9O5Prl8wJzC7M96037UI9aK18vYdto929TdqOOE6NbssO1B7YPz6vb8_rr_HA==

Stats:
http://imgur.com/cXOSIkM,kJnSX1P#0

Currently on about 5.2k DPS with LS. Got crest of perandus meginords girdle and using a 4L chest for LS+MS+FA+AA.

Running CWDT gems and Hatred\purity aura. Perhaps this setup can run 3 auras with a 4L (red mana + hatred + purity + ash)?

At level 69 i got my atziri boots and i need to get some better rings\gloves so i can drop my necklace for Lazhwar.

Questions:
I do get 1 shotted a few times, thinking of going for the lower life nodes cluster (thick skin) but that will take me 3 dex nodes. Should i go there or focus on more dps?

In which order should i get my next dmg nodes? Flaying \ Fencing \ From the shadows \ Heartseeker?

You need more life, 2.5K life is quite low unless you have maxed out your blocks and dodge. You need to click on the LS skill on your character sheet so we can see your LS stats.

I tried to run Hatred + Purity + Ash, but it is too much mana, it won't work unless you get mana reserve nodes on the tree which take a lot of points. So not recommended.

Focus on life and defense, then focus on damage last. Get Fencing first, then Heart Seeker then Flaying and then From the Shadows.

Reason your damage is low is because you have no damage gems, you will need to add in gems like Melee PHysical Damage, Inc. Crit Damage, and WED to get much more damage, and then get more damage nodes on tree. You are level 67 though so it will take some time until you reach higher level. Also need to upgrade your weapon - make sure you are using a high physical damage dagger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info