ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
BIGLITRO wrote:
what do you think about using molten strike as a second option? it does nice elemental damage and the projectiles can be avoided to counter reflect, also it has less mana cost than lightning strike. its also good with pointblank

Molten Strike is good and you can get strong damage with Point Blank. However you lose:

1. Shock. Shock is extremely good man. This is a 50% more damage increase to ALL your damage (phys, light, cold etc.)

2. Ability to play at range - you lose the ability to play from far with Molten Strike. With Lightning Strike you can play safely from very far if you need to.
Will be uploading video of Uber Atziri in a bit. Managed to do it with no deaths xD. I will post another video of the Vaal and trio. Surprisingly the Vaal is not that hard on this build but the trio is very difficult and I MUST kill A'alai first and the Cyclone guy 2nd otherwise it becomes impossible. I can do trio deathless but I have to play flawlessly and be constantly moving until A'alai is dead. The DPS is too high on this build and with multistrike autotarget I sometimes kill the fire guy first by mistake xD and then I have problems =(. I am tempted to "cheat" and just use Enduring Cry + Spell Echo + Immortal call, but I want to do the trio with only evasion/dodge/block.

I reduced the damage a lot by taking out WED and putting in Life Leech gem so I went from ~220K down to about 170K damage. This helped me concentrate during the fight instead of having to micromanage Blood Rage (for leech) with flasks.

Special thanks to tinchop and mGravitus for pushing me to do Uber!

Hope you guys enjoy the vid! http://youtu.be/tq6ez2pd1g0

Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 1, 2014, 12:55:46 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
what do you think about using molten strike as a second option? it does nice elemental damage and the projectiles can be avoided to counter reflect, also it has less mana cost than lightning strike. its also good with pointblank

Molten Strike is good and you can get strong damage with Point Blank. However you lose:

1. Shock. Shock is extremely good man. This is a 50% more damage increase to ALL your damage (phys, light, cold etc.)

2. Ability to play at range - you lose the ability to play from far with Molten Strike. With Lightning Strike you can play safely from very far if you need to.

thank you very much for the reply c:.

looking forward to see improvements on the build

edit: btw u should try using a mana potion for 50% regen maps... just 1 use is enough to refill all your mana and with recharges on crit u wouldnt be running out of uses. try it ;)
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Aug 31, 2014, 7:42:27 PM
Nice build currently trying it, I was wondering if I could use a non-legacy BOR and would still be effective or use a normal helm with 5L Lightning coil
"
KyyaL wrote:
Nice build currently trying it, I was wondering if I could use a non-legacy BOR and would still be effective or use a normal helm with 5L Lightning coil

Hi, yes you can of course, but it is not really optimal. You lose 15% block (which is a lot) and blind (which helps your evasion A LOT). In this thread we have debated using Lightning Coil or Daresso's Defiance instead of Bringer of Rain, but Bringer of Rain is just too good - great life, 20-30 physical damage (this is very very good damage), 15% block, and free blind. You really have to get a lot of lightning resistance and run purity of lightning for the +max to lightning resistance - otherwise you may find that some big physical hits will shock you which is dangerous because you will then take more damage! Lightning Coil also has lower evasion.

Without the Bringer of Rain 15% block it would be extremely hard for you to get to max block. That 15% is giving 15% to your regular block and ~16% to your spell block. So you would go down to about 55% regular block and 59% spell block.

You can do some math to see, on average, the % more damage you will take from the loss of block:

i) 70% block, 75% spell block = 30% chance of not blocking, and 25% chance of not blocking spell damage
ii) 55% block, 59% spell block = 45% chance of not blocking, and 41% chance of not blocking spell damage

So you will have 45/30 = 1.5 = 50% increase in your chance to NOT block regular attacks; and 41/25 = 1.64 = 64% increase in your chance to NOT block spell damage.

But if you already have a Lightning Coil lying around I recommend you try it and see how it feels for you.

UPDATE TO BUILD

This is my current tree, and the same tree I used for Uber. Made some small changes to the Cold Hearted path at the Shadow and used those points for crit multiplier instead

At level 93, I essentially have 5 passive points I can play with:

- Original build: 2 passive points used for the 20% crit chance, 20% crit chance connected to Cold Hearted calculation. The remaining 3 points I tried different things:

a) Arcing Blows circle (original build)
b) Forces of Nature circle
c) Shadow Physical Damage nodes
d) Aspect of the Panther path

e) New build: Unspec from the 20% x2 nodes going to cold hearted calculation, unspec from Arcing Blows. We now have 5 points - I used 1 point to go back and get Oak's 18% phys damage reward in Cruel, and I used the remaining 4 points to grab critical strike multiplier at the end of Shadow

I was trying to take into account all these variables:

Attack Speed x Accuracy x Crit Chance x Phys Damage Amount & Cold Damage Amount & Light Damage Amount & Fire Damage Amount x Crit Multiplier

Increasing the crit multiplier from those 3 nodes will give the highest damage increase on a per hit basis, but you will have slightly lower crit chance because it removes those 2x 20% crit chance nodes.

The elemental nodes Arcing Blows and Forces of Nature are pretty strong, but I would reserve them for end game node level 95+ because stacking physical damage is important as ALL our elemental damage is based on a % of our physical damage.

I will post screenshots and some math for the above a) -> e)
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 1, 2014, 12:56:31 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Orlog wrote:
Hallo, I have a queastion about spell block uniques. At the start of league I cannot afford 3-res top-rolled ringsa nd belt, so I have to use amu|boots|shield with resists. So what I must to do with this? Dont use spell block items untel I'll get mirror belt|ring, or is there another solution?
My Gear

Hi, yes - it is tough at the start of the league but more gear will become available. If you are having a lot of trouble with resistances use Purity of Elements.

Getting Phase Acro only is fine, you can focus on spell block once you get high regular block and start doing maps.

How about rainbow stride + rathpith globe? I will have some lower spell block, but still good (75-85% applied to spell), and a lot of ressists from raibow and regular amulet, what is very good, before having mirro items.
IGN: Javana
"
Orlog wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Orlog wrote:
Hallo, I have a queastion about spell block uniques. At the start of league I cannot afford 3-res top-rolled ringsa nd belt, so I have to use amu|boots|shield with resists. So what I must to do with this? Dont use spell block items untel I'll get mirror belt|ring, or is there another solution?
My Gear

Hi, yes - it is tough at the start of the league but more gear will become available. If you are having a lot of trouble with resistances use Purity of Elements.

Getting Phase Acro only is fine, you can focus on spell block once you get high regular block and start doing maps.

How about rainbow stride + rathpith globe? I will have some lower spell block, but still good (75-85% applied to spell), and a lot of ressists from raibow and regular amulet, what is very good, before having mirro items.

Please - you do not need mirror items for this build! If you are going to mirror anything I recommend just the dagger - because you can use a dagger on many different builds. Even now with the master crafting you can get good master mods on a weapon from Vagan that can add good damage so even crafting one yourself could be a lot cheaper to get a high dps weapon. But please do not mirror any amulet, rings, gloves, or belt for this build - it is too expensive and not worth it you can already get high damage with basic items. If you want luxury gloves use Atziri Acuity.

Yes you can do Rainbow + Rathpith Globe -> but you are missing life on Rainbowstrides, so I recommend you get life on the amulet to help compensate for that.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 1, 2014, 9:15:43 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Please - you do not need mirror items for this build! If you are going to mirror anything I recommend just the dagger - because you can use a dagger on many different builds. Even now with the master crafting you can get good master mods on a weapon from Vagan that can add good damage so even crafting one yourself could be a lot cheaper to get a high dps weapon. But please do not mirror any amulet, rings, gloves, or belt for this build - it is too expensive and not worth it you can already get high damage with basic items. If you want luxury gloves use Atziri Acuity.

Yes you can do Rainbow + Rathpith Globe -> but you are missing life on Rainbowstrides, so I recommend you get life on the amulet to help compensate for that.

Thank you, I just thought that 3x45 resists item are always near mirror or very cheap ( on standart). So with rainbow + purity resists will be enough.
IGN: Javana
I have an idea that can push your cursing concept even further with a recently buffed unique.

Links would be ball lightning, gmp, curse on hit, then two curses and enhance. With a 20/20 curse on hit and a lvl 3 enhance, you will have 45 curse effectiveness (18% from nearby not included because the weapon must out for it to apply afaik).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info