ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
foojin wrote:

Btw don't you think cwdt with enfeeble \ enduring cry \ immortal call is better then arc arc blind?

That setup is only another alternative to help people apply Blind if they don't have Bringer of Rain. Yup CWDT-EC is a good setup and then I like to have Immortal Call 20/20 which you cast manually so you can get longer duration with the higher level.

There was a lot of debate in this thread when CWDT came out - it doesn't really help this build mitigate damage because with evasion entropy - once you take a hit from an attack you have a longer time before the next hit. This is guaranteed. On top of that you have your dodge and block, so it really is pointless to have CWDT proc Immortal Call when you have ALREADY taken damage and know that the next instance of damage is unlikely to occur any time soon.

The only way I have found CWDT Immortal Call to be useful is against physical spells - because those are random wtih dodge and block so you do not have the guarantee like you do with evasion entropy for attacks. Some good examples for CWDT Immortal Call defense against physical spells are Academy boss and A'alai for Atziri run (her spine storm is physical spell).

This is also why you see me sometimes not worried when I take a hit - I am actually happier because I know my evasion entropy has passed 100 and so I have a longer duration where I am guaranteed to NOT take hits. This is also why the Divine and Eternal flasks are soo good with this build - you can easily regenerate to full before you take another hit. Obviously I have to be safer around spells because those are all random vs. my block and dodge.

Hope this helps. Another good CWDT set up is with Frost Wall + Frost Wall + Enhance, your projectiles can pierce the wall and the walls help interrupt attackers. You need to have high pierce chance though.
"
irfanane007 wrote:

Will this dagger work ??

Yup of course! I was getting about 65K DPS at level 93 with a 200 phys DPS dagger. I could shock and freeze 78 courtyard bosses with that dagger using my curses. See vid on front page:

200 phys DPS Dagger on Level 78 Courtyard map with 6x Unique Bosses
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 28, 2014, 8:26:48 AM
will this build work well with Reave or Double strike like with LS? and which start is better shadow or ranger?
Last edited by ptica on Aug 28, 2014, 12:41:34 PM
"
ptica wrote:
will this build workc well with Reave or Double strike like with LS? and which start is better shadow or ranger?

Ranger start for the life. If you want more DPS go Shadow start.

Yes you can use Reave or DS. BUT you will not unlock true potential of this build!!!

Shock. That Shock man. That Shock is soo good and so easy now with the change to shock stacks. 50% MORE damage increase is lovely.

My DPS is not 200K but actually ~300K because I can always shock! Except Atziri who cannot be shocked ofc

Also Elemental Weakness curse will buff BOTH your Lightning and Cold from Hatred - making your shocks and freeze last longer.

Also flexibility to play range! You can do double Mageara boss on -max easily with range, but will struggle if you try that as melee.

And reflect. You can use Ondar's Guile to help avoid your own reflect from projectiles! Try that with melee with 150K+ damage and you will blow yourself up with reflect... LS also splits your phys damage into half phys half light - so you are safer that way unless you are in map with both phys and ele refl. In that case I just grab a white dagger to use to lower my dps.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 28, 2014, 2:13:03 PM
what about if i want to use a 6l chest? how much would it affect the build? thanks...

this is the chest im thinking about using:

and helm:

also is it possible to use abyssus? thank u again

Last edited by BIGLITRO on Aug 28, 2014, 2:44:40 PM
What bandit rewards would you suggest for the new Lightning Strike build?
"
TheUnforgiven wrote:

oak / kill all / kill all
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
what about if i want to use a 6l chest? how much would it affect the build? thanks...

this is the chest im thinking about using:

and helm:

also is it possible to use abyssus? thank u again

Bringer of Rain is key piece of this build.

BofR gives more damage (20-30 phys damage, which is very good), good amount of life, BLIND, BLOCK.

Blind is a key piece of this build.

6L Chest: relatively more expensive but can get better resistances, and can get higher evasion

Bringer of Rain is the best item for this build. If you want you should compare an end-game 6L evasion chest vs Bringer of Rain in terms of cost - even a legacy Bringer is cheaper than an end-game 6L evasion chest which can go for 50ex+ depending on how good the rolls for the chest are.

If you don't have BLIND and have lower block you will definitely feel it. Your survivability will be much lower and you will be taking much more damage.

If you CAN'T use BofR - I outline different ways to get blind, but you will be lower on block because BofR gives 15% block - which is A LOT.

Also, this is an evasion build so it is much preferable to use evasion gear for your helm.

"
TheUnforgiven wrote:

Depends on your preferences and style of play! Please do not feel forced to follow exactly what I do - I encourage people to try and mix things up.

I went for kill all, kill all, kill all. But I will be respecing to take the Oak physical damage % increase.

I may also consider getting Alira power charge since it is so easy now to get power charges with Assassin's Mark.

So I expect the final bandits for me to be either:

Kill All, Help Oak, Kill All

or

Kill All, Help Oak, Help Alira
Realized something for me to min-max further on this build. I can take off the 3 points going to Aspact of the Panther and put those 3 points to get the dagger Flaying node.

I just tried this - I lose 23 life, and gain 6K DPS.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 28, 2014, 9:36:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info