ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Ludak021 wrote:

well, apart from that, I took same nodes I had before and I am down by 6K dps!!! 6K man!

How are you down 6K DPS? I rechecked the DPS after I patched and it was still the same. There is no way you can be down 6K DPS with this build after patch because none of the nodes changed and nothing was nerfed except new Bringer of Rains (which was a very small nerf to the DPS you get from Bringer of Rain). So you must have:

- Changed gear
- Changed gems
- You may have gotten crit nodes which have been reduced

Check to make sure you are still using the same gear and gems as before. Either way, there is no way you lost 6K DPS unless you changed something drastically.

I am an idiot. Ok. Idiot. I run evasion ranger and duelist with same gear. Yes, I made mistake. My duelist is down with dmg, my ranger is not.

I AM SORRY !
I have nothing else to say. Save for, with the OP's gear, you are no way near 50% evasion I have exact same gear, exact same nodes and my evasion is ~40% not 50% :P That I am certain of (I even have a shield with 700EV, he has 0 EV on shield, only way to have 50% EV without Jade is to run grace or to be lvl 65 with 7000 evasion rating :P )

nyway, I am sorry, It's my bad. My duelist got screwed, needs more nodes to have same life and dmg that he had before the patch. If it's of any worth, I made mistake because I use same gear for both duelist and ranger. Duelist has 9000 armor, Ranger is, well, what this thread is about. I interchange the gear but duelist is Aegis Aurora build and has his strong points, like...all points until this patch...

PS. I don't want to turn out to be a liar, I want to back up my claim about OP not having 50% chance to evade (WITH THE GEAR HE POSTED IN OP!). Here is my gear, I have more Evasion than he has, my skill tree is 1:1 copy oh his so here it goes:

Spoiler

He has Sintreks but uses R. Globe (150ev more on shoes, 650 less on shield). So I have more raw EV value and same nodes and I am ~40% evasion at lvl 82. With less evasios raw value, without flasks, he cant be over 40% or idk, I am mad and I am missing something obvious....in that case, sorry... (not that it really matters).
I repeat, my skill tree is copy of his, Difference in levels is in Life, I didn't take life, he did.

edit:

another issue: IF you use LGoH instead of Added fire dmg, your dmg will suck, you look at like 10-12K instead of 14-16k (unBuffed, ie. no hatred). I doubt OP used LGoH on 75+ maps, must be LL on gear, too much dmg is removed if dmg support is replaced with LGoH or LL. Sure you will eventually kill kill everything but clear time is 20% slower/lower whatever. That's why I somewhat prefer my duelist setup that goes up to templar part for block, takes 2% LL passive and is fine. Not evasion but armor + Aegis Aurora. Yet, I cant decide which one is better :)
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Mar 7, 2014, 11:45:21 PM
"
1up1up1 wrote:
I think i got the same situation of the degen cloud. It is from rare monster. I think the mod is "corrupted blood", i got 1700 es buff with 3600 hp, lost in 3 sec. I have no idea what happened and how to tackle, seems like i need to walk farther away from this monster to deactivate it.

Yes I am hearing that the same thing about the degen cloud, and that the bosses buff each other when 1 dies. I think it would be % health degen which is extremely hard to counter, so best would be to try and avoid the cloud as soon as possible. Melee is tough... I would avoid doing Apex until more is known about the bosses - unless you are willing to spend the time and fragments. I think for Atziri you will definitely need to use a fast movement skill to avoid her blasts and for good positioning. It was the same situation for me trying to do 78 Dominus - took quite a few tries before I figured out a good strategy and positioning, and at least you could use Merciless Dominus as a test.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 7, 2014, 11:20:20 PM
New sick evasion boots - 600 evasion! great life stat and awesome spell dodge:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 8, 2014, 4:53:23 PM
"
Ludak021 wrote:

I AM SORRY !
I have nothing else to say. Save for, with the OP's gear, you are no way near 50% evasion I have exact same gear, exact same nodes and my evasion is ~40% not 50% :P That I am certain of (I even have a shield with 700EV, he has 0 EV on shield, only way to have 50% EV without Jade is to run grace or to be lvl 65 with 7000 evasion rating :P )

nyway, I am sorry, It's my bad. My duelist got screwed, needs more nodes to have same life and dmg that he had before the patch. If it's of any worth, I made mistake because I use same gear for both duelist and ranger. Duelist has 9000 armor, Ranger is, well, what this thread is about. I interchange the gear but duelist is Aegis Aurora build and has his strong points, like...all points until this patch...

PS. I don't want to turn out to be a liar, I want to back up my claim about OP not having 50% chance to evade (WITH THE GEAR HE POSTED IN OP!). Here is my gear, I have more Evasion than he has, my skill tree is 1:1 copy oh his so here it goes:

Spoiler

He has Sintreks but uses R. Globe (150ev more on shoes, 650 less on shield). So I have more raw EV value and same nodes and I am ~40% evasion at lvl 82. With less evasios raw value, without flasks, he cant be over 40% or idk, I am mad and I am missing something obvious....in that case, sorry... (not that it really matters).
I repeat, my skill tree is copy of his, Difference in levels is in Life, I didn't take life, he did.

edit:

another issue: IF you use LGoH instead of Added fire dmg, your dmg will suck, you look at like 10-12K instead of 14-16k (unBuffed, ie. no hatred). I doubt OP used LGoH on 75+ maps, must be LL on gear, too much dmg is removed if dmg support is replaced with LGoH or LL. Sure you will eventually kill kill everything but clear time is 20% slower/lower whatever. That's why I somewhat prefer my duelist setup that goes up to templar part for block, takes 2% LL passive and is fine. Not evasion but armor + Aegis Aurora. Yet, I cant decide which one is better :)

? Dude... Please read what I posted for the stats and the pictures. It is nicely laid out and explained:
1) Base stats in town (~5.2K evasion rating, 36% evasion tooltip chance)
2) Grace + Jade flask (25K evasion, 67% evasion tooltip chance). With Grace only and no Jade I am at 50% evasion
3) With NO Grace but still using Jade flask I reach 61% evasion.

You need a Jade flask like this so you can double boost your evasion:

All my Double Strike videos use the same setup in BofR: DS -> Multistrike -> LGOH -> Melee Splash. With Added Fire damage instead of Melee Splash I get about 30K DPS. But as I've said before I almost NEVER swap out Added Fire for Melee Splash for bosses because my 18K DPS is already good enough for me, and I'm a bit lazy. All those Double Strike vids are with 18K+ DPS, I think I hit 20K DPS at level 90.

LGOH is amazing when you have high APS and there are lots of mobs - and if you combine this with instant recovery life flasks you can regen from low HP back to full in less than a second. There is no way I could be leeching that fast without using LGOH or Vaal Pact+Life Leech combo.

If you want to kill fast - spec into more damage, or just go dagger crit instead - don't go to Duelist area, go up to the Shadow area and get the block cluster, dagger nodes, and more life and you will be fine - except against reflect though which will most likely kill you unless you get Vaal Pact.

Here is a dagger tree I am testing. Cannot do reflect maps because LGOH cannot keep up with the reflected damage even with high block + evasion:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEC0AR-BLEFfQW1BfkG6QguCSEOSBGWFfAWvxrbG60egSP2JDwk_SaVJ2EnqTIBOJY6WD3iSO5JUUp9S41MYFVLVupW9Vb6WkhabWHiYqxnoG17cFJwVnRBdK5313iufXV9438rf8aHGYd2h9uIQow2kBuVZpfQmhObJpuNnaOdqqOKpn-nNKdcr-uxs7IZtMW1SLcXt9O5Prl8wFHBxcLszerPetN-1QDWitad18vaPdtV227b1N7244TnVOd06Nbp_usU7UHuDu_w8-r8q_zF_rr_HA==
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 8, 2014, 9:48:00 PM
Vaal Double Strike links I am testing with a dagger:

Increaesed Duration -> Crit -> Culling Strike.
New vid of double boss maze map. Testing a few new things including Vaal Double Strike. Still not used to the flask set up. Also trying out smoke mine because I plan to transition to an evasion 6L and evasion helm - I am using it mostly for escape and quick maneuver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOrYqu3F4-Q

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 9, 2014, 12:34:36 AM
Testing some new ideas including spectral throw. Defenses are exact same (~50% evasion, 71% block, 75% spell block). If I get my hands on Atziri's Steps I will be adding back in Acro to get 40% Acrobatics and 44%+ Phase Acrobatics - this is probably the highest spell defense you can get in the game at the moment (short of adding in a legacy Saffell frame for the +max resistances or flasks like Distillate for max res). ~14% chance of taking spell damage = 44% reduction in spell damage on average vs. using only max spell block.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 9, 2014, 9:39:12 PM
nice - good to see your build and thread still gonig strong ceryneian

with my build those new boots are nice, but i still don't know if they overturn darkray vectors. consider they'll also be super expensive, to start anyway, so i don't think they'll be worth the cost. hopefully they'll come down in price in time.

also just to chime in, for my build anyway, vaal pact is no longer worth it at all. especially if you're using double strike LGoH is vastly superior considering you get to keep your regen and can still use regular life leech.
while you lose a dps gem slot it is well worth it to stay alive
Last edited by iRace82 on Mar 9, 2014, 9:26:29 PM
"
Junkx wrote:
nice - good to see your build and thread still gonig strong ceryneian

with my build those new boots are nice, but i still don't know if they overturn darkray vectors. consider they'll also be super expensive, to start anyway, so i don't think they'll be worth the cost. hopefully they'll come down in price in time.

also just to chime in, for my build anyway, vaal pact is no longer worth it at all. especially if you're using double strike LGoH is vastly superior considering you get to keep your regen and can still use regular life leech.
while you lose a dps gem slot it is well worth it to stay alive

Thanks JunKx. Would you mind posting a link to your build again / Dodge the new overpowered? I agree with you on the trade off between Darkray and Atziri's Step. For a Frenzy focused build I think it would make more sense to stick with Darkray - which has nice synergies with Snakebite gloves.

----

Update on Spectral Throw - great skill that is superb for kiting, and linking Frost Wall to CWDT still allows your projectiles to pierce through. ST also has a relatively low mana cost. Unfortunately main issue is life regen which is mostly applicable to boss fight after taking a heavy hit - LGOH does not give much regen with Spectral Throw, alternative is to add in a Life Leech gem but the rate of regen from life leech gem is extremely slow. You can fall back on instant life regen from life flasks, but in the case of drawn-out boss fights that is a risky strategy as you may not be able to keep flasks full. You will also struggle to get high damage, one solution is to take out LMP and just use a single blade Spectral Throw, but this will reduce your LGOH and it can be hard to land single target direct hits when you need to move around a lot.

Alternative skill I may try is Lighting Strike and Reave, if these do not work out well I will go back to Double Strike. My idea for trying ST/Lightning Strike/Reave is because these can be made into pseudo-range skills where you can kite mobs safely from a distance.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 9, 2014, 9:51:08 PM
does this build work with 1.1.0d ? not logged in POE for over 1 year lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info