ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ludak021 wrote:

well, apart from that, I took same nodes I had before and I am down by 6K dps!!! 6K man!

How are you down 6K DPS? I rechecked the DPS after I patched and it was still the same. There is no way you can be down 6K DPS with this build after patch because none of the nodes changed and nothing was nerfed except new Bringer of Rains (which was a very small nerf to the DPS you get from Bringer of Rain). So you must have:

- Changed gear
- Changed gems
- You may have gotten crit nodes which have been reduced

Check to make sure you are still using the same gear and gems as before. Either way, there is no way you lost 6K DPS unless you changed something drastically.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 6, 2014, 8:14:53 AM
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could comment on my passive tree. I have 4 points burning a hole in my pocket and I just want to be sure everything is in an okay place before I blow my respec.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBS0F-QbpCC4JIRXwGY4a2xutJJ0nYTB8MgE6WD3iQKBHfkjuTGBOKlFHU99W-ljbW69gS2HrYlplTWqTbml07Xiueu99dX8rhNmE74cZjb-QCpVmmSubJpuDm42euaOKq8Wsr7IZtkG3072BvqfAD8OGzerPetJN037V7daK18vaPd0N3vbnkejW6xTtg-4O-WP8xf66

I'm going for a hybrid armour/evasion spec with this toon. I would love to pick up Sentinel by the Scion start, but it doesn't seem very point efficient. Tips on where to go next are welcome.

I'm also somewhat hurting for damage right now, but that's probably 'cause my weapon's getting obsolete.
For reference (the gems in it are purely for leveling):
Spoiler

Anyway, great build guide, I'm having a lot of fun with this character. Cheers!
Quod efficax non stultum
"
Ludak021 wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Ludak021 wrote:
Ok, what now?! :D GGG made a mess

edit: oh cmmon, no changes? is that what public thinks? Change is huge! I hate to say this but only "noobs" say "no change" ..jeez change is obvious if you went to duelist...

? Not sure if you mistakenly posted in the wrong thread. I took a look at the tree - very minimal changes at all to the core build, life got a bit buffed because the Shadow life nodes improved. Apart from that the tree path is pretty much exactly the same.

UNLESS - you took Vaal Pact which has moved up to the Scion. I doubt people are using Vaal Pact with this build when LGOH works very well with high APS and is the recommended way to go.

Yes GGG made big changes to other parts of the tree by Marauder / Witch / Scion start and Shadow, but nothing was done to Ranger side apart from changing CRIT.

well, apart from that, I took same nodes I had before and I am down by 6K dps!!! 6K man!

Fail troll. 1/10
IGN - Duck_Ya
"
elindred wrote:
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could comment on my passive tree. I have 4 points burning a hole in my pocket and I just want to be sure everything is in an okay place before I blow my respec.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBS0F-QbpCC4JIRXwGY4a2xutJJ0nYTB8MgE6WD3iQKBHfkjuTGBOKlFHU99W-ljbW69gS2HrYlplTWqTbml07Xiueu99dX8rhNmE74cZjb-QCpVmmSubJpuDm42euaOKq8Wsr7IZtkG3072BvqfAD8OGzerPetJN037V7daK18vaPd0N3vbnkejW6xTtg-4O-WP8xf66

I'm going for a hybrid armour/evasion spec with this toon. I would love to pick up Sentinel by the Scion start, but it doesn't seem very point efficient. Tips on where to go next are welcome.

I'm also somewhat hurting for damage right now, but that's probably 'cause my weapon's getting obsolete.
For reference (the gems in it are purely for leveling):
Spoiler

Anyway, great build guide, I'm having a lot of fun with this character. Cheers!

Tree looks good so far. If you need life get the 3 nodes for the Thick Skin node you missed on the way to the Duelist. Your damage can be improved through weapon, or getting sword/1H nodes like: Fencing, Wicked Blade, and Arm Wrestling. It looks like your weapon with those mods based on color of sockets is giving you a lot of DPS, so maybe just focus on getting physical damage on rings, amulet, etc., and getting life from the tree. Also think about getting the extra endurance node by the Duelist.

I haven't tried hybrid armor/evasion with this build, but if it is working well for you then stick with it. The problem is that the armor we can attain on this build is not that high and will most likely not provide decent mitigation against the heavy big hits that we care about.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 7, 2014, 8:45:40 AM
"
erimin5 wrote:
"
Ludak021 wrote:

Fail troll. 1/10

xD
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 7, 2014, 8:46:51 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Tree looks good so far. If you need life get the 3 nodes for the Thick Skin node you missed on the way to the Duelist. Your damage can be improved through weapon, or getting sword/1H nodes like: Fencing, Wicked Blade, and Arm Wrestling. It looks like your weapon with those mods based on color of sockets is giving you a lot of DPS, so maybe just focus on getting physical damage on rings, amulet, etc., and getting life from the tree. Also think about getting the extra endurance node by the Duelist.

I haven't tried hybrid armor/evasion with this build, but if it is working well for you then stick with it. The problem is that the armor we can attain on this build is not that high and will most likely not provide decent mitigation against the heavy big hits that we care about.

Thanks for the feedback! That endurance charge node is definitely appealing. After that, there are some +max life/+sword damage nodes which are pretty appealing, including a brand new wheel by the armour/evasion nodes south west of duelist! I think a trip down there will be quite worthwhile, and after that getting the sword/life nodes between ranger and shadow.

I'll check back later with my progress.
Quod efficax non stultum
New patch allows you to wear chest armor and chest skins with Bringer of Rain. Still obviously cannot use the chest, but a nice update for those who do not like running around bare armed in the Ranger's vest.

Also I view nerf to Saffell as an indirect buff to builds like this using Rathpith + Lazhwar. Before you could swap to Saffell for max spell block for spell bosses but now Saffell's will only give you at most 60% spell block, and no chance to block regular attacks. It now becomes a trade off of the lower spell block for the max resistances.

I'm testing dagger with this build, and also plan to test 2h swords with Acro and no block to get benefit of 2nd 6L.

Also planning to try corrupt a few Lazhwar stones because I have seen them get some very interesting mods.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 7, 2014, 11:32:16 AM
So I tried doing Apex with a level 90 RF Mara and 72 Flicker Shadow. We got as far as the second set of bosses but died to the weird degen cloud. This build held up very well up until then. One thing I noticed though was the change to life leech seemed to apply to mana as well. On 50% regen maps, I leeched back at a noticeably slower rate than before the patch. They're basically undoable for me now, even with 5% mana leech.
IGN: test_char_one
"
Shabi wrote:
So I tried doing Apex with a level 90 RF Mara and 72 Flicker Shadow. We got as far as the second set of bosses but the weird degen cloud. This build held up very well up until then. One thing I noticed though was the change to life leech seemed to apply to mana as well. On 50% regen maps, I leeched back at a noticeably slower rate than before the patch. They're basically undoable for me now, even with 5% mana leech.

Thanks for the update Shabi. I have yet to try Apex, sounds pretty hard. I'm waiting to see what skills Atziri uses. But definitely looking forward to the challenge. My hunch is that movement skills and character positioning will play a HUGE role. Degen is a huge pain but one of the ways for GGG to counter block.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 7, 2014, 12:14:59 PM
I think i got the same situation of the degen cloud. It is from rare monster. I think the mod is "corrupted blood", i got 1700 es buff with 3600 hp, lost in 3 sec. I have no idea what happened and how to tackle, seems like i need to walk farther away from this monster to deactivate it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info