ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

wait what - do you have those atziri steps to get that much spell dodge? you must. thats awesome.

im thinking of respecing my old duelist similar to this base build but using a legacy saffell's if i can get one cheap enough (like 7-8 ex). i'd be rolling around 45% evasion without jade, 54% dodge, 60% block (unusable), 30% spell dodge, 70% spell block and 41-42% instant life leech with bloodseeker with probably over 4k hp. unsure what dps would be however, still haven't figured if i want to go crit or not. right now im just theorycrafting

im just not sure how sustainable it would be without soul taker. how much mana do you have and how do you sustain it with a crit dagger?
Last edited by iRace82 on Mar 12, 2014, 12:02:23 PM
hello Ceryneian.
What do you say to Bino's Kitchen Knife in the LSbuild?

Bino's Kitchen Knife regeneration mechanics tested
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/724686/page/1
Last edited by u_suke_death on Mar 13, 2014, 1:39:44 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

- My Current Gem links:
Bringer of Rain: Lighting Strike -> Additional Accuracy (quality gives increased crit chance) -> Life Leech (quality increases rate of life leech) -> Multistrike
Rathpith Globe: Enfeeble -> Blood Magic -> Enhance
Dagger: Temp Chains -> CWDT -> Increased AOE
Boots: Smoke Mine -> Reduced Mana -> Hatred -> Purity of Ice
Gloves: Vaal Double Strike -> Increased Duration -> Whirling Blades -> Faster Attacks

Hi Cery,

may i know where you got your grace? i saw that you have grace aura in your video, but it's not there according to your gear set.

Thanks again.

"
u_suke_death wrote:
hello Ceryneian.

interesting didn't realize it regen'd that much, but thats an expensive alternative for lower DPS. i wouldn't see it necessary unless you heavily needed the regen which im sure this build doesn't since it already runs life leech and regular regen/pots. don't take enough damage often enough to put the main aspect of the weapon to use so you're just gimping yourself in the long run

this is my analysis on the weapon with this build. i haven't played this build and don't know the finer inner details of its play.
Last edited by iRace82 on Mar 13, 2014, 7:39:11 AM
Hi all, a bit tied up but I will try and answer your questions and PMs over today. I just saw that the 1st guy to kill Atziri in Ambush is an evasion dodge spec throw build! Anyway I'm expecting the hardest part for me to be the triple bosses before Atziri that have a LOT of degen mechanisms. They seem to buff each other after one dies so I think best strategy would be to kill cyclone guy (has a degen trail) then ranged boss and finally the last melee - hoping to try this weekend
"
Junkx wrote:
wait what - do you have those atziri steps to get that much spell dodge? you must. thats awesome.

im thinking of respecing my old duelist similar to this base build but using legacy saffell's if i can get one cheap enough (like 7-8 ex). i'd be rolling around 45% evasion without jade, 54% dodge, 60% block (unusable), 30% spell dodge, 70% spell block and 41-42% instant life leech with bloodseeker with probably over 4k hp. unsure what dps would be however, still haven't figured if i want to go crit or not. right now im just theorycrafting

im just not sure how sustainable it would be without soul taker. how much mana do you have and how do you sustain it with a crit dagger?

Yes I have Atziri step and divined it to 16% spell dodge. The boots are amazing, and I no longer need that much int for Rathpith since i go into shadow int nodes. I have less evasion because I do not have as many evasion nodes as before.

I agree with your build ideas - spell damage and degen damage are the weaknesses of this build.

Your build sounds great. I am not having any problems with reflect (although this is more a function of dodge and high block).

Instant life leech would be awesome, but Bloodseeker has low damage. I'm not sure how your tree looks but Vaal Pact may be close for you. It is a bit too far for me =(.

Mana is very sustainable depending on your links. I am only using Mind Drinker and 1 mana regen node by Shadow. Depends on your links - I tried Melee Damage on Full Life instead of Additional Accuracy - DPS was extremely high but I started experiencing mana problems. So I switched back to Additional Accuracy which gives a strong damage boost at no mana cost. I am reserving hatred and purity of ice on a 650ish mana pool.

Mana regen nodes definitely help a lot - I needed Primal Spirit with MDonFullLife but with AAcc I unspec'd from Primal because I could sustain lower regen.

Also check out mana flasks like Lavianga's.

EDIT:
I really like AA with LS because if your LS melee attack hits, the projectiles will not miss behind the target. I have about 91% accuracy atm.
I am also trying Point Blank node because it is 1 point away and gives large DPS boost since I prefer to fight up close.
Also - Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + PCOC is very useful for generating power charges to help with DPS.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 13, 2014, 10:48:23 AM
I am very interested in your build for the Invasion league. I can clearly see the appeal in evasion/block.
In invasion, we have access to a unique quiver with very high defensive stat including block and spell block chance : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rearguard
Do you believe this would be viable using a Bow ?
Last edited by Thotor on Mar 13, 2014, 12:17:05 PM
"
u_suke_death wrote:
hello Ceryneian.

Hey man, unfortunately I do not have a Bino's to test but the idea sounds interesting. As JunkX pointed out the DPS would be low for end game, and it may not be as useful in boss fights since it relies on killing to create the regen, but if I get my hands on one I will test it out and let you know how it feels. If you try one before then - please let us know how it works out.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 14, 2014, 8:39:18 AM
"
1up1up1 wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

- My Current Gem links:
Bringer of Rain: Lighting Strike -> Additional Accuracy (quality gives increased crit chance) -> Life Leech (quality increases rate of life leech) -> Multistrike
Rathpith Globe: Enfeeble -> Blood Magic -> Enhance
Dagger: Temp Chains -> CWDT -> Increased AOE
Gloves: Vaal Double Strike -> Increased Duration -> Whirling Blades -> Faster Attacks

Hi Cery,

may i know where you got your grace? i saw that you have grace aura in your video, but it's not there according to your gear set.

Thanks again.

Hi 1up, I don't have Grace anymore. In my old videos with Soul Taker - I was running with Grace because mana was not an issue. In my new dagger videos - I do not have enough mana to run Hatred + Grace + Purity of Ice (which I need because my cold resistance is not yet balanced). Even just running Hatred + Grace will cause a mana problems. So for now I have dropped Grace, and I rely on my Jade flask to boost my evasion during fights, so I run only with Hatred + Purity of Ice. I am also using Enfeeble a lot more and have set it up in a 4L.

The original build is very strong, but I'm trying to figure out a way to increase the DPS significantly, remain safe from reflect, and retain high defenses - so far this is working out pretty well and I will post the final build and stats as soon as I finish testing.

These are my new links below. I am still testing many gem combos. Downside is I now do not have any CWDT or Temporal Chains but so far this is working well, especially the PCOC linked to Whirling Blades.

Rathpith Globe: Whirling Blades -> PCOC -> Faster Attacks
Dagger: Vaal Double Strike -> Increased Duration -> Increased Critical Damage
Gloves: Enfeeble -> Enhance -> Blood Magic -> Faster Casting

Current tree:
I am specc'd into Point Blank and a Power Charge now for 4 power charges:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfgSxBX0FtQX5BukJIQ5IEZYV8Ba_GtsbrR6BJDwk_SaVJyEnYSepMHEyATpCOlg94kjuSVFKfUt4S41MYFVLVupW9Vb6Wm1h4mKsZ6Bte3BScFZ0QXfXeK59dX3jfyt_xocZh3aH24hCjDaQG5VmlciX0JoTmyado52qo4qkwqZ_pzSnXK_rsbOyGbTFtUi307k-u-PAUcHFwuzEosaizerPetN-1CPVANaK1p3Xy9o9227b1N2o3vbjhOdU53To1usU7UHuDvPq_Kv8xf4J_rr_HGND
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 14, 2014, 8:38:39 AM
"
Thotor wrote:
I am very interested in your build for the Invasion league. I can clearly see the appeal in evasion/block.
In invasion, we have access to a unique quiver with very high defensive stat including block and spell block chance : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rearguard
Do you believe this would be viable using a Bow ?

Hey man, thank you for the interest in the build.

Rearguard initially looked interesting to me, but we will not be able to get much block just using the quiver. The problem with block (and dodge) is that you need a good amount of it - because it is completely random - to be effective. This quiver looks like it was made for armor-based archers that could not reach Acrobatics / Phase Acrobatics, but the block chance is very low and may not be as useful as just getting Acrobatics / Phase Acrobatics.

I would just stick with Acro / Phase Acro + evasion for your ranged build. Unfortunately I do not play a lot of archer builds so my knowledge is lacking in terms of the tree and gear required for archers.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 14, 2014, 8:43:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info