ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
u_suke_death wrote:
hello Ceryneian.
What do you say to Bino's Kitchen Knife in the LSbuild?

Bino's Kitchen Knife regeneration mechanics tested
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/724686/page/1

Hey man, unfortunately I do not have a Bino's to test but the idea sounds interesting. As JunkX pointed out the DPS would be low for end game, and it may not be as useful in boss fights since it relies on killing to create the regen, but if I get my hands on one I will test it out and let you know how it feels. If you try one before then - please let us know how it works out.

I think bino's is definetly the best option pre-mirror for a crit build mainly due to its crazy base crit chance.
Ceryneian i might need to copy most of your build, lol.

i tried my idea out and it didn't work. the dps with the bloodseeker is just too low and doesn't really get any job done. plus the usable skills is very limited with a claw, basically the only aoe inherent skills you can use are cyclone, reave, LS. i tested cyclone and i'll test reave/LS later but my anticipation is the same problem, too low of dps without sustainable usage either with BM or not.

in any case the best way to up DPS is to include critical, which by far the easiest way is to use daggers especially the 80% implicit ones. so im figuring a build very similar as yours in order to get max block/max spell block as well as the epic dodge nodes for beautiful defenses, however my tree will be difference (duelist start) and instead of the atziri steps im thinking of the blood dance boots in order to include a big regen aspect to the build.
keep life leech in order to continuously getting the max amount of life leech back for decent regen but also include large hp regen (9.5% with 6 frenzy) in order to help maintain a full health pool during the periodic times you will inevitably take damage, as well as make certain map mods easier to handle.

in any case i have an idea where you could spend your next two points. grab up eldritch battery. that'll turn all your ES into mana (not unsure if it does it before acrobatics halves it) in order to help with your mana pool/regen and what not, since you don't use ES and again acro cuts it in half anyway.
just an idea
JunkX - no prob! I've been trying to figure out what to do with those 2 extra points:

- life
- accuracy (Depth Perception up by Shadow)
- Mana Regen with Primal Spirit (not really needed)
- EB is a great suggestion as well, thank you - I will try it out

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 15, 2014, 2:23:16 AM
Atziri full map done with zero deaths! xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z916UFrkqh8&feature=youtu.be

Atziri is a very well designed boss and I love her theme and mechanics. I'm hoping to try again because she is quite fun to be honest. Here are some tips that I hope some people can find helpful:

1. Vaal bosses:
- Were honestly not a problem with this build
- It is best to get both bosses down to low HP, because when 1 dies the other gains a LOT of cast speed and attack speed
- Don't try and tank the smash, there is a high chance for it to miss with Evasion + Blind + Block, but why take the risk

2. A'alai + Q'ura + Y'ara'az
General fight overview: these three bosses can become extremely hard because after one dies the others are buffed to regain HP and increase in attack damage and attack speed and movement speed. I highly recommend doing the bosses in the below order because I have found Y'ara'az to be the easiest for this build - so best to save him for last. When one boss dies they also leave behind a black degen cloud that starts to expand - avoid this cloud because the degen in the cloud is pretty insane. This requires some strategy for where you decide to kill the bosses so that you leave enough space to move around and engage the remaining bosses
- A'alai: this is the ranged character - she is very deadly when buffed, so best to kill her first. She has a regular projectile attack which hardly ever hits, but she has a rain of quills similar to Rain of Arrows which is an AOE effect. When she gets buffed - I found myself getting hit and stunned/block recovery by these a lot, so best to kill her first and avoid the rain of quills when it starts. When she dies she spawns Titty Miscreants
- Q'ura - this is the cyclone boss. His cyclone path leaves a LOT of degen (red trail) so you need to move out of his cyclone path whenever it starts. When buffed he gains a lot of attack speed and movement speed so his cyclone becomes even harder to avoid
- Y'ara'az - this is the easiest for this build, he uses Dual Strike and also catches flame that seems to do some burn damage, but it was not noticeable. Use Enfeeble, Blind + Jade flasks to boost your evasion.

3. Atziri
Best to have high spell block (and possibly spell dodge) here. Keep moving around to avoid the flameblasts and lightning calls because although they have a HIGH chance to miss, they can deal a LOT of damage / one shots.
- Regular Atziri: spams lighting storms, flame blasts, spiral spear throw and a healing cocoon. Be careful when cursing her - she will reflect the curse with her mirror. So you need a flask with curse removal. The mobs that come to her healing cocoon give her life so try to kill as many as possible before they reach her.
Illusions - 4 illusions:
- Mirror holder - do not attack this one, she has very high reflect and I nearly killed myself when stray projectiles hit her
- Spear thrower - she throws a spear that has a high chance to miss with our Ondar's Guile but will cause Puncture if you get hit
- Lightning Storm - she spams red lightning storms
- Flame blaster - holder of flame in her hand. You need to attack and kill this one to remove the illusions. She spams flame blasts

4. Recommended flasks:
- Jade for evasion vs. projectiles
- Removal of Bleeding
- Removal of Curse
- Ruby flask for max fire resistance but I did not use this.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 15, 2014, 12:03:13 PM
Well done, Ceryneian.
Do you need to adjust anything if we use the original build you use with Soul Taker?

Thanks.
good job - whats the belt? it isn't on the unique list in gameplay forums yet - should link it there.

it really seems as though your dps is very low here. i guess its because you're a mix of physical, cold and lightning dmg, all of which is reduced vs her and you cannot get shock stacks so that effects it quite a bit too. LS is probably a bad skill to use against her, lol especially with multistrike (all speed no punch).

but obviously you did it flawlessly and got rewarded for it. mad props man. now if i could ever find a damn midnight piece maybe i'll test it out too. i should reinstall bandicam too and video that beast for all to see even though i'll probably die 50 times haha
"
1up1up1 wrote:
Do you need to adjust anything if we use the original build you use with Soul Taker?

Thanks.

Thanks man. Original build is still the same with Soul Taker. I will post my Lightning Strike build as an alternative build for those looking for a hybrid range-melee build with high damage and high damage avoidance.

"
Junkx wrote:
good job - whats the belt? it isn't on the unique list in gameplay forums yet - should link it there.

it really seems as though your dps is very low here. i guess its because you're a mix of physical, cold and lightning dmg, all of which is reduced vs her and you cannot get shock stacks so that effects it quite a bit too. LS is probably a bad skill to use against her, lol especially with multistrike (all speed no punch).

but obviously you did it flawlessly and got rewarded for it. mad props man. now if i could ever find a damn midnight piece maybe i'll test it out too. i should reinstall bandicam too and video that beast for all to see even though i'll probably die 50 times haha

Thanks man! There was no unique belt - it was just the boots - Atziri's Step.

One reason my DPS was so low in the fight was because I kept using Enfeeble on her when my flask with curse removal was empty - she reflects the curse with the mirror so I was not even doing any damage when I Enfeeble'd myself - my Enfeeble is quite strong at 20% level 20 with Level 2 Enhance.

You are also correct because she resists lightning damage and she cannot be shocked so that made it harder.

Once I began to fight in melee range and remove my Enfeeble - the DPS was pretty strong.

Good point on Multistrike - I will test it out and see maybe swap with WED or Added Fire or something - although I think having high attack speed allows us to take more advantage of shock on the target. I also dropped Point Blank because being able to kite from range with Lightning Strike is very useful. This was my tree when I did her (I changed Ranger start to Projectile Damage instead of Attack Speed - slightly lower DPS but helps with reducing mana costs while increasing ranged damage; I also took those 2 points from Primal Spirit and put in life):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgSxBX0FtQX5BukJIQ5IEZYV8Ba_GtsbrR6BI_YkPCT9JpUnYSepMHEyATpCOlg94kjuSVFKfUt4S41MYFVLVupW9Vb6Wm1h4mKsZ6Bte3BScFZ0QXfXeK59dX3jfyt_xocZh3aH24hCjDaQG5Vml9CaE5smnaOdqqEiokCjiqZ_pzSnXK_rsbOyGbTFtUi307k-u-PAUcHFwuzEosaizerPetN-1CPVANaK1p3Xy9o9227b1N2o3vbjhOdU53To1usU7UHuDu_w8-r0-Pyr_MX-uv8c

I tried out Depth Perception by the shadow and it increased my accuracy from 91% to 92%, which I felt was not a huge improvement, so I removed those. But overall, accuracy is super important for crit builds because crits are rolled twice using your accuracy vs. target's evasion. This is why I really like Additional Accuracy because it gives accuracy and crit chance at no mana cost.

Thanks again, I honestly don't think she is that bad if you have spell dodge and spell block because if you fail to avoid the blasts manually you can at least rely on some spell damage avoidance.

The hardest parts for me were remembering to NOT curse her when I have no flask charges for curse removal, and NOT hitting the reflect clown with the mirror (this is why my HP was dropping rapidly in 2 cases during the fight). Hope more people can try her because she is exciting to play against.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 15, 2014, 12:18:34 PM
Interesting mod on Stone of Lazhwar: 20% chance to avoid being ignited:

It removes the + Intelligence mod from Lazhwar, but you can get interesting mods like +% Spell Block. Here are more useful Level 1 mods that Lazhwar can roll when corrupted (Vaal Orb corruption also has the chance to turn Lazhwar into a rare amulet that may or may not be useful):

Level 1 Amulet Corrupted Mods:
(2 to 5)% increased Movement Speed
Minions deal (15 to 20)% increased Damage
(2 to 4)% Chance to Block
(2 to 4)% Chance to Block Spells
(4 to 8)% increased Attack Speed
(6 to 12)% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
(3 to 6)% of Damage taken Gained as Mana when Hit
+1% to all maximum Resistances
Enemies can have 1 additional Curse
(10 to 20)% chance to Avoid being Frozen
(10 to 20)% chance to Avoid being Ignited
+(2 to 4)% to Chaos Resistance

Source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Corrupted

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 15, 2014, 2:28:04 PM
oh dang dunno why i read that as belt, probably cause there was the chain belt right there, lol.

also the lazhwar can also roll +1 frenzy charge that has been verified, so it isn't only lvl 1 mods it rolls.
Last edited by iRace82 on Mar 15, 2014, 3:38:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info