ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

The AOE of Lightning Strike from the 2.1 patch is now so large that it's almost like a handicap to wade in melee combat. Now there's almost no issue whether to play melee or ranged. IMO it became a ranged skill using a melee weapon. An interesting move made by GGG
"
Wacam wrote:
How do you deal with Atziri mirror phase cus when I shift-cast it spins around damaging all of them?

also, which one do you suggest to use PPAD or FP?

btw LOVING THE BUILD :-)

Thanks man, hoping you having fun. Yeah Atziri clone phase is delicate now, especially if you have high pierce and MS.

There are a few things you can do, but the easiest for me is just to DPS from the outer edges of the room at an angle towards one of the clones, and using range with the projectiles SHIFT+Attack.

You could also try removing MS if it is giving too much problem.

That's one downside to the buff is that with so many more projectiles, with high pierce you can easily blow yourself up on the mirror clone by mistake.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 27, 2016, 10:58:13 AM
Do you miss Faster attacks or Multistrike more? I'm tempted to drop it for one of the blue gems (Pen/Crit Damage/Crit Chance)
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Jan 27, 2016, 8:24:36 PM
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
Do you miss Faster attacks or Multistrike more? I'm tempted to drop it for one of the blue gems (Pen/Crit Damage/Crit Chance)

I miss multistrike more because of the autotargeting which helps when enemies start coming at you from different directions. Having to manually target directions is kind of a pain and i am not used to it.

So I put ms back in to my setup.

FA I don't miss at all because of my frenzy charges.

But i encourage you guys to tweak and find what you like best.

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Blood_Sail wrote:

I miss multistrike more because of the autotargeting which helps when enemies start coming at you from different directions. Having to manually target directions is kind of a pain and i am not used to it.

So I put ms back in to my setup.

FA I don't miss at all because of my frenzy charges.

But i encourage you guys to tweak and find what you like best.

Yeah you're right. I tried without MS and the auto targeting was too good to pass up. The skill also didn't feel right without it. Now that I have RRGGBB armour (which took hundreds and hundreds of chromes) I put lightning pen in it's place and the skill feels like it does more damage while reducing the spam, even though the tooltip dropped a lot. I might invest in frenzies another time if I can get better resist rings. What nodes have you sacrificed for frenzy charges, jewels?
Yes i'll post my tree in a bit. Have been making some tweaks. Now that Pathfinder subclass has been revealed i'll need to fix some things.

Yeah light pen will give you a ton of damage especially with p2l.

This is my passive tree at the moment. Still tweaking it, ignore the jewels they are coming from a different build.

I dropped some projectile nodes to get the Frenzy nodes. I would like to get more accuracy though, so I may need to revise my gear.

I might drop Acuity and run Snakebite.

I also took Druidic Right for more mana for Sky and since I now reserve a lot of mana, and faster flask charge gain and increased flask duration.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 30, 2016, 1:10:35 AM
Discontinuing the low life version. I'm just not happy with the damage. The pathing is just no longer efficient to be trying ES + daggers as Ranger and my dps is lower than my life build unless I get some GGG jewelry to help push the low-life version over the top. Getting STR requirement is also a pain with low-life.

I also tried CI to get super high lightning on melee attck with MPD and MDFL and combine with Eye of Chayula for stun immunity and flask nodes for Rumi (max block) and VofV instant leech - it's very hard to die with such a build, but even then damage is not as high as I like.

If you want more defense on LS then the flask low-life/CI version is the best if you are trying to push hard maps, but the DPS gap for me was surprisingly large to what I can get on the life build as it is easier to get more DPS nodes and more frenzy charges for life.

The life build is just so damn fast and clears quickly now for regular mapping (2.20s gorge).
2m20s gorge? damn that is quick
"
xMustard wrote:
2m20s gorge? damn that is quick

It's super fast now that LS has such great AOE. The only limitation is how much pierce you have and how fast you can move.

Quicksilver is permanently up and APS is super high with 7 frenzy charges. Retch adds even more movt. speed. Whirling Blades + FA + Frenzy Charges is also ridiculously fast. I've been hitting 300k ttDPS (which is basically the 5L melee DPS # since I socket PPAD).

EDIT: Updated most of the guide and added Ascension suggestions.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 1, 2016, 2:49:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info