ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
hey, little adives here on the last passive tree u posted :)

replace the dexterity node under fangs of the viper by the evasion one upside FotV, and then u can get Nullification instead a common 5% life node .

Maybe u alrdy noticed it...

Thanks man, I removed a 4% life node to get Nullification
Still confusing if all the resistance is capped ?
Yes res are very easy to cap. Especially if you are playing on projectile version you have a lot of freedom on gear as the only unique you really need is Rat's Nest.

I use double vaal grace,planning to use maligaro's later and gonna remove the unique belt for the rare one. Im currenly level 83 got a problem 1v1 the t7-9 maps boss.
Is lifeleech really good on this build?
What do you think?
Spoiler
Yes leech is good, but you need generic leech like the Duelist leech nodes. Blood Rage is mostly for the attack speed - it gives too little leech because it is a small % on your phys damage (which is reduced because of the lightning conversion).

If you are having more trouble with attacks - my advice is stay at range and not engage as melee. If you are really having trouble or dieing to spells - then you will need more block (Stone of Lazhwar for more spell block) and Rumi's flask for more block.
Anyone else try using Phase Run on the projectile version?
I'm really loving this skill for the reduced aggro and movement speed is amazing. I mostly use it for getting in and out of position and it really helps to lower aggro for bosses.

I've noticed with an Ice Golem to draw even more aggro - if you use Phase Run well you will hardly draw any attacks.

Unfortunately if you are still in melee range of an enemy and use Phase Run, they will keep attacking, it seems you need to be a little bit out of the enemy's melee range for the aggro reduction to work - which is PERFECT for sneaky kiting with the projectile version.

I was thinking of using Quartz flasks instead but they only give Phasing and not the reduced aggro.

See this guy's video for example on Atziri to reduce spell and spear attacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwzRPMDYs0k

Phase Run + Inc. Duration gives me 3.13s of stealth, which leaves ~0.9s of remaining cooldown before I can use Phase Run again (Phase Run has 4s cooldown). In between the cooldown is when you attack, then stealth.

You can use flasks and whirling blades while Phased. Also Phase Run gives me a high damage increase when I use VLS out of stealth:

I've started using Vaal Lightning Strike a lot:
- insane "damage over time" - especially when linking VLS with Multistrike as it gives 3 instances on the target for insane damage. On top of that you can store 3 uses. It burns bosses down quickly and is perfect for playing very safely with Phase Run

- proc utility: since VLS hits so many times per second (could be 0.2s but wiki says every 0.8s for 11s for 1 stack, MS+VLS will give 3 stacks) you can proc many useful things like Fortify or Blind by linking with VLS

- leech: since I use P2L and VoV. I can tag an enemy with VLS then run away and pop my VoV and I will still keep getting massive leech without having to attack which is extremely useful

- flask refill: the procs are also refilling my flasks on crit. Now I'm not sure if this also includes crit on the arcs, or how it works with Multistrike (since it gives 3 separate instances per 1 VLS use - does each instance of DOT on the enemy from MS also give charges)

- shock for duration - this is perfect for the ranged kiting in and out of stealth for better DPS

As you can see big upfront hit and high crit chance are ridiculous with VLS. If you crit with MS VLS that means 3 instances of VLS that all critting for the ~10 seconds which is good night for most bosses (i.e. Atziri trio, Atziri clone all die in a few seconds with 1 use of VLS and I can be phased out while they take the "DOT").

Combining all this with Phase Run + projectile LS makes bosses extremely trivial - i.e. you can do Village Ruin or Atziri trio for example and take zero damage from the bosses the whole fight.

If you get addicted to using Phase Run a lot like me you may have to drop the frenzy charges.

To amp the damage even more and completely build around VLS I will probably go 2H sword crit for a 6L VLS + 6L regular projectile LS. You could even throw in things like Incrased Duration / P2L / Light Pen / ICC / Culling Strike or even Bloodlust to VLS and have a separate 4L puncture for the bleed so you can use Bloodlust. Since Phase Run has great survivability when used correctly you can remove block and go dodge and spell dodge instead and get more permanent dodge and "more chance to evade" when Ascension comes (Raider / Tricker), or just go for more crit chance and more damage for VLS from stealth (Asssassin)

OR you could build super tanky with Phase Run + saffell frame (for your max spell block and max res) combined with either 1) high dodge and max EV (Raider / Tricker), or 2) high flask sustain (Rumi's / VoV / Stibnite for blind)(Pathfinder). But will have to use dagger instead so your VLS will not be as strong as 2H sword crit.

Jewels: since you'll use VLS as a boss killing skill you won't really need Chill of Corruption. So you can use several Vaal Sentencing jewels to help you get high crit chance, and/or several Atziri's Reign jewels for longer duration which is basically a multiple increase on your VLS damage:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 21, 2016, 1:31:48 PM
when will the new tree be available may i ask ? :p
"
niconic123 wrote:
when will the new tree be available may i ask ? :p

Hi, I will make the new trees today and tomorrow.

New full passive tree is here: http://exiletools.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/

List of tree node changes is here: http://pastebin.com/crj2gGJ8
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 29, 2016, 12:23:26 AM
Very interested in doing this build in the upcoming hardcore challenge league. How viable is it in terms of survivability? I'm leaning towards deadeye ascendancy to get the AOE damage potential.
Honestly, I'm not sure Hyrri's Ire is so amazing as compared to lightning coil. Yeah, you get some dodge and evasion, but if PoE has taught me something, it's that there are a ton of effects that demand simply having the highest amount of HP you can possibly get. With lightning coil + atziri's step + quartz infusion, a quartz flask will still put you at 56/56 while you can maintain a far more consistent power level with avatar of slaughter than to be dependent upon a steady stream of mobs in a boss fight. If you remove Atziri's step and substitute darkrays, we're talking about capping attack dodge with that same quartz flask, though I wish there was some way to get spell dodge outside boots and chest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info